Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Rant # 1: CJ Cliques

Bling

I'm not part of any of those cliques that are metnioned above yet I'm one of CJ's more consistant posters...

(with exception to the last few weeks becuz working on the new house along with my finals for school coming up has been keeping me busy).

So for myself not being involved in those cliques and as someone who hardly go's out to clubs anymore I don't view or see the cliques on CJ the way some of you may.

But who cares.

Every where you go and everything involving a large group of people will always have it's cliques.

The bottom line is people just jive better with some people than they do with others. People don't have time to hang out in this scene and that scene with a zillion different people. So they hang out with people who will maximize their experiences the most..

I call that smart and not being in a clique!!

what are talking about you're part of the Political Banter clique, CJ's version of Crossfire

Members include: Slammin Shaun, Trancepriest, Obby, Techjunkie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw this will be a regular type thread from now on from me.. (on occassion) when something has been on my mind for a while.. .. wont necesarily deal with clubs all the time but issues i think affects us all.. something to spark interesting debate :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm not part of any of those cliques that are metnioned above yet I'm one of CJ's more consistant posters...

(with exception to the last few weeks becuz working on the new house along with my finals for school coming up has been keeping me busy).

So for myself not being involved in those cliques and as someone who hardly go's out to clubs anymore I don't view or see the cliques on CJ the way some of you may.

But who cares.

Every where you go and everything involving a large group of people will always have it's cliques.

The bottom line is people just jive better with some people than they do with others. People don't have time to hang out in this scene and that scene with a zillion different people. So they hang out with people who will maximize their experiences the most..

I call that smart and not being in a clique!!

what are talking about you're part of the Political Banter clique, CJ's version of Crossfire

You know I totally forgot about that.....

I'm not only a client. I;m also the president... :P

Guest endymion

Hahaha, so true.

You can't spend all of your time talking about night clubs and dance music because what's the point of going to a night club if all you're going to find is people talking about night clubs? When I socialize it's to meet interesting people who have something to say, at night clubs. When we put this site together I spent years thinking and talking about night clubs 24/7, seven days a week, so talking about night clubs themselves is pretty boring by now. There has to be some substance there or else what's the point? Why bother going out and meeting people who have nothing to say? That's why I talk about other things in the chat forum, with people who I can meet in person if I want.

But then once I'm out at a club the last thing that I want to do is scream in somebody's ear about George W Bush.

True enough. It's why we put the Chat section up, so you guys could banter about today's issues, without clogging up the main forum channels.

When I'm out in a club, there's the usual club banter...i.e. who sold what, what is opening/closing, who is playing where, etc, and with me there's the occasional spurt of tech talk.

Then it devolves from there to poking fun at other people and comparing drink combinations.

Guest coach

I think the cliques are all in Bling's head. I've never noticed any CJers actively excluding other CJers when we run into each other out in the night.

Well, I know Bling always ignores me, but that's the because he is the Legendary Blingster, so whadya gonna do.

I think the cliques are all in Bling's head. I've never noticed any CJers actively excluding other CJers when we run into each other out in the night.

Well, I know Bling always ignores me, but that's the because he is the Legendary Blingster, so whadya gonna do.

:P i def dont see that anyone is excluding each other just saying many of us never see each other because we hang in our specific locations and go to our specific events.....

Bling, you need to branch out some more, is what I think people are getting at. A lot of us do, myself included actually. I try to get a nice mix to my parties, but professional commitments sometimes get in the way.

i agree with branching out.. but i see it in an even larger scope. i need to branch out more with regard to doing new things... which lately i am... whether its go to broadway musicals, movies..... or whatever.......

ill try to make it out again if i can to Freeze Fame thurs again for Bruno's bday :)....... we shall see.......

This is true. My job is nightlife though, so my entertainment options tend to center around that. Plus I can't sit still long enough to enjoy theatre.

Guest dahzel

The club scene is just high school with pretty people, and better sound and lighting.

What high school did you go to?! where are the jocks? the valley girls? the emo kids? ;D... i know what you mean though and to a certain extent, you're right. i just really don't like when ppl are closed minded to "outsiders". in that aspect it is like high school all over again. i haven't really noticed cliques per se but maybe ppl who are closer friends, more so than w/ other ppl.

Guest ramon

i agree with branching out.. but i see it in an even larger scope. i need to branch out more with regard to doing new things... which lately i am... whether its go to broadway musicals, movies..... or whatever.......

ill try to make it out again if i can to Freeze Fame thurs again for Bruno's bday :)....... we shall see.......

yeah like saying you like "minimal" and not making it to any of our parties even if it we do play more than just that.

Guest endymion

You guys should put your money where your mouth is and check out:

1) a hip hop party

2) a Latin party

3) the performing arts center next month

CooJunkie has a reputation for being a bunch of people that are stuck in a dance music rut for a reason.

Guest ramon

1) a hip hop party

2) a Latin party

CooJunkie has a reputation for being a bunch of people that are stuck in a dance music rut for a reason.

i'm intrested to check out the PAC. i've done the other 2 ;)

Done two of the three and am doing the third, TJ.

Latin parties are fun. If La Covacha was close by, I'd be there all the time, and so would you, I wager.

Hip-hop parties...hmm. I can count the good ones on my right hand and have a finger or two left over.

What this board's demo sees when they see hip-hop is the "thugged-out" version that has unfortunately displaced dance music on South Beach. Anything remotely fun or intellectual in the hip-hop world has made a run for it, as your average clubgoer on the Beach can't see beyond whatever tripe Slip N Slide is cranking out these days.

And when people try to advertise their hip-hop parties on here, it's totally the wrong approach. They post a horrid flyer with a stolen photo of Vida Guerra, Heather Hunter, or whichever big-titted black/Latin girl is making the rounds this month on Twistys.com. (Aside, I would sue the crap out of the promoter if that was my work on the flyer being mis-appropriated.)

In other words, hip-hop promoters that come here. You guys are doing it all wrong. You have to appeal to this demo. The posters here like to go out and have a good time. They like girls and booze as much as you do, but at the same time, they want a safe, quality, and most importantly, hospitable environment to party in. In other words, their girlfriends don't want to feel like a target when they walk through the door.

To all promoters in general. Lurk for a week before you post your event. Get to know the gang here first.

Guest coach

1) a hip hop party

2) a Latin party

And you need to come to JAM at MAM. Seriously, the best monthly party in Miami.

I would also add to your list

4) Art Walk (choose one).

5) A live rock show.

6) Fashion show (it being fashion week and all).

Guest endymion

And you need to come to JAM at MAM. Seriously, the best monthly party in Miami.

Check. Been to a few of those. Helped the Baboons with their sound at one. Real nice when the weather is right indeed. Any party with free booze and nibbles works for me.