Clubplanet Nightlife Community

24-hour club district may face closing time

Guest endymion

Guest junglesmacks

Wow I haven't been on this board in probably 6 months, and this is some scary shit guys.

Do something.. PLEASE!

I'm sure you have but, have you REALLY thought about the ramifications this seriously represents? There are few places left.. if not maybe.. one of the last ones.. that you can truly party in this country to the level or at least brand that Miami brings. This one blow could seriously change the face of more than a single reality.

Please, do something... someone.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmigonon

they better not fuck with miami beach and the 5 am closing time.. that shit will suck ass >:(

You wouldn't notice since you go to bed at 3. :o

Post of the day.

they better not fuck with miami beach and the 5 am closing time.. that shit will suck ass >:(

lmaooo.......

lmaooo.......

p0d ftw as always....and to this thread, i will contribute in any way i can to keep my beloved terrace afloat! i really hate this thread if any of it comes to fruition...like qba said though, perhaps through aggregate numbers of clubbers stepping up, we can help to keep the parties we know going 8)

Guest dahzel

unfortunately in the real world, money talks and bull shit walks. when all is said and done, the city will be on the residents side and not a bunch of clubbers who want to drink until 10 AM. i hope that in some way the afterhours aspect of going out can be preserved even a little but i don't see it happening in the long run.

Guest vegasguy25

This is terribly unfortunate. I mean, in Vegas the clubs can stay open 24 hours, and serve booze 24 hours, as well, but they don't because there's not the market for it (although Empire Ballroom has been known to cross the 10am mark a couple times). I hope you guys are able to realize some sort of compromise on 11th St. Best of luck.

Guest Marina22

We need our legal council/experts on the board to suggest what we can do if anything. I'm down and I don't even work in the industry or live in Miami but I would put some action where my mouth is since I don't have money. CJ 60's style :D

Guest Mattivi

i heard from a friend that all those people who bought those condos signed a disclosure agreement. basically the disclosure stated that they were aware that they were buying into the entertainment district, which includes AA arena, theatre, clubs, etc. dont know if this will hold up. maybe someone on here has heard of this.

Guest james stratus

i heard from a friend that all those people who bought those condos signed a disclosure agreement. basically the disclosure stated that they were aware that they were buying into the entertainment district, which includes AA arena, theatre, clubs, etc. dont know if this will hold up. maybe someone on here has heard of this.

Should be a disclaimer. They should know what they are getting in to. If they complain... too bad!

Guest coach

Yeah right. Like what parties? I can't think of any party that is Downtown that is a "fit" for a beach club.

The only party in downtown is Space. Though you are correct, for what is on the beach right now, there isn't a venue for it. Doesn't mean some smart guy who sees the writing on the wall couldn't make one.

Studio A type parties are already happening on the beach in little doses and other places in larger doses, so I doubt that they would have an issue moving.

Guest pod

I couldn't see a real rock n roll party happening on South Beach. By real I mean with live bands, and not afraid to book a metal act or two every so often. It's easy to book some Killers-esque MTV rock that the fashionistas go for, but what I'd want is for someone to really bring da noise when they book rock acts. Not gonna happen on the Beach due to the sudden vulgar display of power.

Oh and Rammstein, too.

Guest sobe2004

This is terribly unfortunate. I mean, in Vegas the clubs can stay open 24 hours, and serve booze 24 hours, as well, but they don't because there's not the market for it (although Empire Ballroom has been known to cross the 10am mark a couple times). I hope you guys are able to realize some sort of compromise on 11th St. Best of luck.

I know the afterhours at Drai's goes past 10am on the wknds . . . not much of a house music crowd though . . .

Guest tres-b

Everyone thought that people knew what they were getting when they bought condos in the Midtown area of Atlanta... where both 24hr clubs were located :P. Now there is a mandatory 4am close on Friday and 3am on Saturdy...and no true 24hr venues in Atlanta...

Business owners invested time and money in the area that the city of Miami laid out as the 24-hour district. A lot of tax revenue comes in from businesses that operate there and I doubt the city wants to see this go away.

Guest tres-b

You'd be surprised. Certain players downtown have a lot of political clout.

Exactly---If they didnt, there wouldnt be a 24 hour district in the first place.

Guest RzO

You'd be surprised. Certain players downtown have a lot of political clout.

absolutely, and i only one i really care about has alot of that...i could care less if they shut down the block, as long the big blue S stays, im cool 8)

Guest sobe2004

I think that the city of Miami is all about cleaning up downtown and part of the cleanup means getting rid of the 24 hr clubs . . .