Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Winter Music Conference Dates Announces.. heh

Guest LiquidX

Guest pod

March 20-25 ?????????? only 5 days ?.....is it me , or has conference gotten smaller in terms of time frame over the last few years ?

Not really. It's always been 4 or 5 days, the WMC. As always, there's parties beyond those days. You know that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest james stratus

ok!

book all of your shit now...in the next week before the hotels and rest of the industry can adjust their systems.

IMPORTANT!

do not mention WMC conference to any hospitality industry or else your F*&^*ked. The more people know...the faster the prices will climb. And trust me with what's in store....this year they're going to CLIMB real high. ;)

Amen to that. i worked at the ritz in the beach. thank god i got out and im at the four seasons in brickell now

You actually have 48 hours to book those dates at whatever rate it is at now before it will go up. One week tops if they are slacking smaller hotels, and maybe a month for larger chain hotels.

I usually can't plan this far ahead and don't really stay in a hotel longer than one night. However, can you clarify 48 hours from when now or in March. Planning that far ahead is insane but I would do it if I could.

48 hours from yesterday when I assume the email went out from the people at WMC.

Guest james stratus

Some hotels have already made the adjustment...$400 per night at the Whitelaw... :P

Whitelaw and Catalina are SBG who I worked for until recently as webmaster, and is the kind of hotel company that is on the ball when these dates come out. BTW, that is just the "introductory rate". It will go up by about $100-$150 more per night before conference gets here.

Guest james stratus

Some hotels have already made the adjustment...$400 per night at the Whitelaw... :P

From Expedia - rates per night:

Loews - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

Delano - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

Shore Club - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

But the best goes to The Standard Miami:

"This lodging cannot be booked for fewer than 7 nights."

What a joke . . .

They are lying at this point. They all have maybe 90% capacity left after pre bookings for other reasons, but are just waiting to check everyone elses rates and then set their own. Give it a day or two.

Guest Civs

From Expedia - rates per night:

Ritz - $539

Hotel Victor - $579

Sagamore - $746

Loews - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

Hotel Astor - $330

Delano - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

Shore Club - No rooms available on the selected dates: 3/20/2007 - 3/25/2007

Doubletree - $279

Catalina - $475

The Strand - $467

But the best goes to The Standard Miami:

"This lodging cannot be booked for fewer than 7 nights."

What a joke . . .

man at those prices I should rent out my couch (have 2) and my parking spots. maybe make a bed and breakfast that week

Guest dre4

reserved tudor 22-26...how is that place...could care less really about the hotel bc will be at the beach and clubs all day and night....damn i wish i still lived down there....

Guest myles hie

Oh and to you all coming into town. I don't care. Really, I don't. It's not my problem, and I don't have the authority to deal with it.

Just getting that out of the way.

;D

Guest miamilawdj04

Yep, i guess now that i'm down here living--i'm spoiled. I've got a 2 bedroom 2 bath---2 blocks from SPACE. The second bedroom has a pullout couch.....and a wall full of turntables, speakers, lights, all the goodies (my own private night club). Maybe i should rent that room for the week huh???

or maybe just to a few lucky ladies? oh wait, that's what MY room's for. hahaha. Can't wait to see what line-ups we'll have this year.

Guest DiscJockeyJoey

dood i live in ft.lauderdale and i passout in my car for a few hours wake up and party some more. just need to nap long enough to gather more dance energy.

Guest maru37

Book early and don't be afraid to stay in a sh*thole. It'll actually motivate you to go outside and see good artists during the day. Hotels are for 7 PM to 2 AM.

Should be amazing...already booked!

Guest Kinja13

Just booked a hotel room at the Dorchester on 18th and collins. It's nothing special, but stayed there last WMC and it was comfortable and more affordable then most. Actually woke up at about 10:30ish every morning to house music outside the window at some small Italian cafe (good vibe to start each day). would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable, fairly quiet and affordable stay within walking/cheap taxi distance to parties. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Guest Kinja13

no, i definitely don't work for the dorchester, don't know why you would say that. actually moved from Ft Laud to tampa recently. i just do a lot of hospitality research before booking trips and my previous experience there led me to book again, so i thought i'd share Last year was 175 a nite, this year through expedia it's 195/nite plus some extra fees or through their website it was 205, still not cheap but compared to like 150 a nite to stay at a dump, it's worth the extra 50 or so dollars.

people some good advice.....rent from the chesterfield, great location, good tunes all week ....or better yet find out where/and If crobar is doing there pool party you'll probably have to pay to get in but windows people windows!!!! lol ;)

true...i've stayed @ the chesterfield many times when i was living in o-town

real neat rooms, nice beds, tv/cd players, mini fridge, european style bathrooms

i live in pompano now, no need for a hotel for me at least...friends in the grove if i dont wanna drive up here for whatever reason, that's just me tho

some of my friends in dc already booked their hotels as well

Guest james stratus

people some good advice.....rent from the chesterfield, great location, good tunes all week ....or better yet find out where/and If crobar is doing there pool party you'll probably have to pay to get in but windows people windows!!!! lol ;)

true...i've stayed @ the chesterfield many times when i was living in o-town

real neat rooms, nice beds, tv/cd players, mini fridge, european style bathrooms

i live in pompano now, no need for a hotel for me at least...friends in the grove if i dont wanna drive up here for whatever reason, that's just me tho

some of my friends in dc already booked their hotels as well

DO NOT STAY AT THE CHESTERFIELD! Ok, maybe you can. I'm still a little bitter. Anyway, I already have some good lineups setup for there. Yeah, I always do the WMC bookings at those hotels ;D

Guest swank

no, i definitely don't work for the dorchester, don't know why you would say that. actually moved from Ft Laud to tampa recently. i just do a lot of hospitality research before booking trips and my previous experience there led me to book again, so i thought i'd share Last year was 175 a nite, this year through expedia it's 195/nite plus some extra fees or through their website it was 205, still not cheap but compared to like 150 a nite to stay at a dump, it's worth the extra 50 or so dollars.

Just kidding! ;D

I didn't check your first post and your second was selling a hotel...in anycase welcome to CJ.

Marriott on Washington was $213 with your triple AAA card on line....not sure if that still exists?

Guest sleepyboo

If you guys are looking for WMC rooms, contact us now -

We have a ridiculous deal going at the Beach Plaza Hotel (the site of all the killer Basic NYC parties last year.)

Getting a room at the hotel means you have immediate access to all the events and plenty of other goodies and surprises :)

Email djboo@basicnyc.com if you're interested in a room, or call the Beach Plaza directly 305-531-6421 and ask for the Basic NYC package.

Thanks!

Guest ramon

Here's a little video to get you in the WMC mood ;D

nice to see you both on friday. i was with maya in that puma track jacket you took a photo of us on the dance floor!

S89_tnWDNbU