Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Departed

Bling

Guest dahzel

yeah this looks like a real good movie. i'm not sure if it's a remake or if it's a sequel to an older movie. i heard something that it is one of the two

Guest lulamishka

I saw The Departed last night... and all I gotta say is.....

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen a movie that good in a long time.

Guest Marina22

I forgot where I heard this but I was told to definitely watch the original before watching the remake. Dunno if I will do that cause I usually like newer movies for the most part, old movies suck sometimes.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, saw this on sunday and was definitely enjoying it.......till the ending. WTF?? Did they just think of ten of the most random twists to throw at you at once? Was I the only one left with unexplained questions?

What was the point of the envelope? That never gets answered.

What did "D" have to gain by doing what he did in the end?

The rat was cheesy.

The tapes?

C'mon. Either i didn't get the ending or it was a little sloppy. Otherwise everything leading up to it was fantastic.

Guest Marina22

Ok, saw this on sunday and was definitely enjoying it.......till the ending. WTF?? Did they just think of ten of the most random twists to throw at you at once? Was I the only one left with unexplained questions?

The rat was cheesy.

The tapes?

C'mon. Either i didn't get the ending or it was a little sloppy. Otherwise everything leading up to it was fantastic.

Sounds a little shotty for a movie that's supposed to be sooo good. So besides the ending it's good though?

The rat was cheesy.

The tapes?

Sounds a little shotty for a movie that's supposed to be sooo good. So besides the ending it's good though?

Oh yeah it was definitely fantastic. Can someone enlighten me if i didn't understand the ending please.

Guest Cosmigonon

The rat was cheesy.

The tapes?

the envelope had the info of all of Nicholson's crew, so Damon could run it and verify their authenticiy.

The rat was cheesy.

The tapes?

the envelope had the info of all of Nicholson's crew, so Damon could run it and verify their authenticiy.

No, not that envelope. The one that Billy Costican gave Madolyn at the end "in case something happened to him". It never got explained.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ms DJs Wife

Yeah the ending was a lil crazy. The envelope he gave her had all the information on what was going on.. all the crooked stuff just in case he didnt make it out alive. I agree there were a few parts in the end that really weren't necessary & left u wondering for a bit but over all the movie was really good! :-*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest JMT

overrated.

i thought nicholson was mis-cast. he quirkiness was too over the top. marky mark's overacting was just silly. there was so much insubordination among the cops, how the hell did any of them keep jobs? i can't believe they actually got Baldwin to say "Jordan Marsh" in a Boston accent, there is no reason for that to have been in there other than just for a laugh.

the ending was horrible. what kind of mickey mouse investigation did the cops conduct into the triple homicide where Damon gets off scot free without a single question asked? and if he deleted DiCaprio's file, how the hell did they bury him with full police honors?

Scorcese has made great films, but this plot needed a suspenseful feel with more character development. great movies make you forget you are watching a movie, that didn't happen here.

C

it wasn't horrible, but someone must have laced the academy's popcorn with mushrooms during oscar voting.