Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Departed

Bling

Guest irishboy

I also thought that Jack Nich was miscast,he eats up the screen whenever he can,overshadowing DiCap and Damon.

I presumed the point of the envolope to Madolyn was an insurance policy in case he got killed. Which he did, so Madolyn did what the envolope instructed(i.e telling dignam the info in the envolope) which led to DiCap getting a police funeral and Marky Mark killing Damon

One thing only minor,i thought it was a bit strange they used the name "Frank Costello" for Jack Nichs character when there was an original Frank Costello gangster??Only a small thing.

Supposedly there is a Departed 2 on the way with Marky Mark having a main role,a replacement for Damon in the police unit and De Niro coming in as a corrupt congressman.

Guest JMT
I presumed the point of the envolope to Madolyn was an insurance policy in case he got killed. Which he did, so Madolyn did what the envolope instructed(i.e telling dignam the info in the envolope) which led to DiCap getting a police funeral and Marky Mark killing Damon

a lot more people than just walberg would have to have seen the envelope in order for that to happen in a matter of a couple of days. thus, the ending seems silly to me.

Guest cire

I actually thought it was pretty good. I thought it was along the same crazy lines as Mystic River. I thought the plot twist at the end added to the overall effectiveness of the movie. Making me leave the movie with a 'wtf' kind of feeling. I guess that's the beauty of movies, art and music, everyone can see it differently. Take care.

Guest irishboy

havent sat down and watched it through in a while,so i am open for correction.presumed though that the envolope contained everything,information from the very beginning,tapes etc,and instructions to pass it on to Marky Mark and Alec Baldwin. But then Matt Damon wouldnt have been at the funeral,am confusing myself...suppose ill have to watch it again.

On a side note,i thought Alec Baldwin was very funny,esp scene at the driving range.

Overall 9.2/10