Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Rick...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the list of the most stolen cars, it prooves they are all generics, so posting your plates online does nothing to aide car theives... It's a myth unless you happen to own a real 427 cobra.. Or someone has to have a red sentra.. lol

You know what, lets see what the list looks like:

2004 numbers:

* 1995 Honda Civic

* 1989 Toyota Camry

* 1991 Honda Accord

* 1994 Dodge Caravan

* 1994 Chevrolet Full Size C/K 1500 Pickup

* 1997 Ford F150 Series

* 1990 Acura Integra

* 1988 Toyota Pickup

* 1991 Nissan Sentra

MY GOD, THE THEIVES BETTER HIT THE INTERNET TO FIND THESE ULTRA RARE CARS!!!!!!!!

One of the big reasons why theives steal cars now is for their engines, they steal the V8 model when they own the V6 model and they swap the parts. Mostly done with Integras. Now lets say you post a pic of your Integra online, now the theives will have to know your name, address, and they have to run your plates, which they can do, but it will cost them and that is traceable. Unless the know a cop, but even then, cops won't usually help a car theive. Hanging out at the mall is a far better way to case and steal a car. Again unless you own a real 427 cobra.

idiots, just plain idiots.. They steal what they can chop up, they export the exotics, they don't chop ferraris up...

Btw Rick, i'm 29, I own a car, and now your boy Alltribe is avoiding my comment he drives a pontiac.. So alltribe what kind of car do you drive? You can stop the bs now, I have two facts for you.

1. alltribe owns a pontiac

2. and at the age of 31, Rick the former drug dealer who got banned from space for selling drugs to the bouncers, doesn't even own a car...

But yet they will bash me for driving American... You have to love the internet..

actually i only bash you for your ignorance since you clearly state you know it all

Integras do come w/ V6's and V8's, right? only a true domestic nut like you would know such thing...displacement displacement displacement....lets get real for a sec here...ligenheifer viper doing 1000hp on 2 big turbos and 7 liters? yawn...and u gotta pay what 150k? So you got a 10 liter viper that does 500hp what a fucking joke, i know V6's on stock bottom ends that do twice as that...and will outlast any multi displacement domestic not only will it last longer, but it wont break as fast, its proven technology, what real engineers do behind a drawing board, not some genious say hey how should we make the next vette make 500hp? i know more displacement! and less mpg!..that's what it gets down to...

you make yourself look silly posting about how you tune your stock 3500lbs GT in the 1320 and how you dial her in the 100's...wow! as you may know ive owned a mustang, a real GT 5.0, ive owned a Z28 Camaro, a blazer, and foreign cars...the difference between you and me is that i know about all cars as a whole, i know what they are and aren't capable of doing...do some research...internet is here to help you.

people that steal cars are looking for certain cars not just 427 cobras, there's a market for everything out there...why would someone break into a garage with porsches, benzes, bimmers, to steal an integra type r? when they've could've left w/ a 996 twin turbo? not all thiefes are domestic only diehards like you my friend

btw since u know your domestics...

let's take a saturn...are u ready?

ok...

07 saturn sky redline 2 liter turbo - 4 banger - 260hp/250tq, rwd - 13.9 on the 1320

nosaleen's 06 mustang gt - 300hp V8 NA - 13.8 on the 1320

that's considering the average driver weighs lets say 150-200lbs, ok?

so we know you weight is reaching the mid 200s, so a lady driving a redline that weighs 100-120 will outrun you on the quarter...

power to weight ratio

nosaleen - 0

lady - 1

keep playing

put up or shut up, what do you drive?

nosaleen, i only speak to true car enthusiasts not diehard domestics fanatics that have no clue what they are driving, that get beat by ladies in a saturn, once you show me your a true enthusiast than i'll let you know what i drive

::)

Guest pod

I still don't get it. A Mustang is a car, right? 4 wheels, an engine, some seats, etc. Mr. Barbarino is enthusiastic about it. You drive a Honda or something. Same deal. 4 wheels, an engine, some seats, etc. And you're enthusiastic about it.

I still don't get it. A Mustang is a car, right? 4 wheels, an engine, some seats, etc. Mr. Barbarino is enthusiastic about it. You drive a Honda or something. Same deal. 4 wheels, an engine, some seats, etc. And you're enthusiastic about it.

no, a true car enthusiastic does not bash other cars or think they are inferior.

we respect all cars, some more than others...we dont respect domestic diehards that think bigger is better, if that was the case they would be getting dick implants, which they should really look into.

i've owned both domestic and japanese...its not about the car you drive that will win an argument, that is why nosaleen does not get it...he gets it, but he has nothing else to hit me back with.

bigger is better, but how long can bigger be better if it breaks faster? how about putting R & D with what you already have and making the most of it and still be reliable...GM wants everything to be BIG - it's an American mentallity. We respect cars from the late 60s, awesome muscle cars. Any true enthusiast will look at the same way. I grew up with muscle cars, that's all I saw when i was "uneducated like nosaleen" about anything else. Once i researched and found that there was more to life than displacement and what engineers were doing in the world of racing(not just going in a circle 200 times), it was clear to me that most domestics diehards dont see past their dick about their 500 cubic inch shitrod.

Guest slamminshaun

It doesn't count if your name isn't on the title. :-X

Derrrrr....Well I own a tiny fraction of it. The bolt that holds the pull-string to signal a stop in place.

Riding the bus into nyc every day was a really good way to network with people... I got job offers and even met chicks, so it's not all bad..

Shit man, I read somewhere you can actually get your MBA riding the subway in NYC. Seriously....you have class on the subway on your way to work, and on the way home. In 18 months, you get your degree.

Guest slamminshaun

If there was ever a question as to who is the best auto company, just refer to a company's market capitalization. Here's how the pie chart breaks down.....dude, its not even close!!

global_auto_mcap041806.JPG

global_auto_mcapTable041806.JPG

Still not posting what kind of car they drive.. I find this so funny...

At the end of the day you two clowns can post all the insults you want, but I like the rest of the people reading this thread all know the truth, a real man would man up and post what kind of car they drive... Lift up your skirt and check to see if you got a set....

Guest lyrik

If there was ever a question as to who is the best auto company' date=' just refer to a company's market capitalization. Here's how the pie chart breaks down.....dude, its not even close!!

[img']http://seekingalpha.com/wp-content/seekingalpha/images/global_auto_mcap041806.JPG

Ya but come on - look at the population in Asia and places as such it dwarfs the US so of course they are going to buy their own cars...BTW I've owned both foreign and domestic...and I have had SHIT BOXES from BOTH...the worst being NISSAN...that car manuf. is crap in my eyes...cookie cutter just as mush as ford may be...I'm all for that you get what you pay for...if ya drop 15k on a car from any of the car builders...expect to get a 15K car.

Attn: Nosaleen

Since you still make no common sense, here is something i thought u would like.

Im sure you've heard of Motor Trend, right?

Let's say I was the Editor-in-Chief for Motor Trend and you read one of my magazines and the reviews that my staff has made on just about every vehicle in the planet including that no saleen of yours 250hp to the wheels V8.

This what you "nosaleen would write".

Dear Editor-in-Chief,

I've read some of your reviews on domestics, and I must tell you I love my no saleen mustang gt(couldnt afford a saleen but that's a different subject). The point to this letter is the fact that you as an "editor in chief" cannot make such remarks without posting a picture of what you drive, because than all your insults and reviews are useless to me(im a diehard GM fan, once i pass away my coffin is going to be made up of a custom non stainless steel no saleen shapped mustang). Please do us a favor and post a picture of what you drive, or stfu!

Your's truelly

NoSaleen

(still running 18s & proud...)

Guest michael^heaven

If there was ever a question as to who is the best auto company' date=' just refer to a company's market capitalization. Here's how the pie chart breaks down.....dude, its not even close!!

[img']http://seekingalpha.com/wp-content/seekingalpha/images/global_auto_mcap041806.JPG

Market shares do not necessarily reflect the quality of vehicles sold by a particular manufacturer. Only gross &/or net sales. Example:Ford Taurus>Best selling vehicle, Stateside, 1992-1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus

------------------------------------------------------------------

My choice for a Ford (if you have the monetary means)>>

1225-28051.jpg

1225-28048.jpg

FORD GT

Powered by a 5.4 liter supercharged modular V-8 engine, developing 550 bhp @ 6500 rpm and 500 ft. lb. of torque @ 3750 rpm. 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of over 200 mph and the ¼ mile in 11.6 seconds at 128 mph.

Guest slamminshaun

Market shares do not necessarily reflect the quality of vehicles sold by a particular manufacturer. Only gross &/or net sales.

Market shares? Who's talking about market share? I'm talking market cap, which is more or less a measurement of a company's success. It's the stock value times number of shares outstanding. Investors obviously are crazy for Toyota....why? Much of that success is due to the quality of one's product. Doesn't necessarily mean its the highest quality car out there, BUT, it sure does mean its the most successful car company out there.

Guest slamminshaun

Ok, I'm confused. The graph states share of market cap. Isn't that a market share? :-\

That's the share of market cap they have proportionate to others.....but not market share in the traditional sense. Basically, they just took that list of companies below that graph and broke it down to demonstrate each company's successfulness in relation to the other. I understand where you're coming from now, but actually they're not the same thing.

If there was ever a question as to who is the best auto company, just refer to a company's market capitalization. Here's how the pie chart breaks down.....dude, its not even close!!

global_auto_mcap041806.JPG

Market shares do not necessarily reflect the quality of vehicles sold by a particular manufacturer. Only gross &/or net sales. Example:Ford Taurus>Best selling vehicle, Stateside, 1992-1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus

------------------------------------------------------------------

My choice for a Ford (if you have the monetary means)>>

1225-28051.jpg

1225-28048.jpg

FORD GT

Powered by a 5.4 liter supercharged modular V-8 engine, developing 550 bhp @ 6500 rpm and 500 ft. lb. of torque @ 3750 rpm. 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of over 200 mph and the ¼ mile in 11.6 seconds at 128 mph.

It's a good car, it has a lot of torque, but Ford is still trying to recreate things as they did with the current Mustang on the market.

They also did w/ the Thunderbird, they made it retro.

A new sports car is suppose to advance not only mechanically by design wise also.

When the new mustang came out looking like this it was out of desperation of Ford. They wanted something to grab people's eyes.

They should've made this current model a collectors car like they did for the Ford Thunderbird. The current mustang won't be worth alot of money because there are too many of them out. Why would they recreate an old model if sports car are suppose to move forward?

It's like recreating a brand new Ferrari from the 60's and building 100k of them a year. It wouldn't be such a special model version.

Ford copied the old Ford of Europe(England) GT40.

The first GT-40s, the MK-Is, were designed after Eric Broadley's Lola prototype, resident in England.

Look at the shape of the car its a retro version, the aerodynamics is not for the new supercars. It's aerodynamics is for the 60's, they just changed the body here and there. Sure it has a shitload of torque. Everyone agrees with that, but it doesnt seem like Ford really put all their R & D into the car.

What kind of R & D was behind the car? Why is there a mustang motor in it? For 140k car? If im paying that kinda money for a car i know im paying for R & D. The suspension is deff better, but why would Ford use the same engine as used for the new GT500 Shelby?

You won't find an Enzo engine in a 360 Modena.

The new Shelby GT500 has the same engine as the Ford GT - 5.4 liter supercharged, just detuned. Reason? Because Ford is are cheap.

"Ford Motor Company chose the name GT to evoke memories of Ford's miraculous 1-2-3 victory in the 1966, 24 hours of Le Mans. Limited production of the Ford GT started in the summer of 2004 as a 2005 model. 2006 models are now being produced. The Ford that won at Le Mans was named the GT-40, but that name is now owned by a private individual."

"The 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 Heures du Mans) is the world's most famous sports car endurance race, held annually at Circuit de la Sarthe near Le Mans, France, in the French Sarthe département."

Guest james stratus
The new Shelby GT500 has the same engine as the Ford GT - 5.4 liter supercharged, just detuned. Reason? Because Ford is are cheap.

I agree that Ford is really cheap, but all car manufacturers re-use parts and platforms over their vehicle lines to save money.

I agree that Ford is really cheap, but all car manufacturers re-use parts and platforms over their vehicle lines to save money.

The Ford GT costs anywhere from 140k-160k -

The Ford GT500 costs anywhere from 60k-70k -

that's not saving $ if you are re-using parts and platforms.

The Saleen S7 twin turbo is the only true supercar of Ford's R & D, since they didn't try to copy something they didn't build from the start years ago.

It's about being unique.

The Lamborghini Gallardo Costs anywhere from 135k-150k

Now which one would u rather have? i know for a fact the europeans did alot of R&D on the Gallardo. The Ford GT was first built & designed in England, hence this Ford GT is actually a retro copied model extended a few inches longer and somewhat updated electronics.

For the same price i know my pick

October2006050733PMDSC05283.jpg

Again, it's not about hating on any car - it's about if you're spending that kinda $, shouldn't you really know the full story?

Guest Fez

Since you are riding my jock and then making fun of my mustang and then calling me cheap, all the while you refuse to post or acknowledge if you even own a car, I'm gonna make you an offer..

You post a pic of your car, with Registration

I was just browsing by and i had to respond to this since you do refer to yourself as a true domestic only enthusiast.

A true car enthusiast would never "ever ever" post a picture of their car with the registration. That's as dumb as saying "hey mr car thief - this is my car and this where i live - come n get it, i'll even leave you some warm milk outside!"

ps. mr thief mean man- it is a domestic - so you might be lucky if you make it down the block.

that's r1cer talk...lol

i REALLY REALLY hate on domestics and Japs...except for Toyota SUV's

euro all the way :P

Since you are riding my jock and then making fun of my mustang and then calling me cheap, all the while you refuse to post or acknowledge if you even own a car, I'm gonna make you an offer..

You post a pic of your car, with Registration

I was just browsing by and i had to respond to this since you do refer to yourself as a true domestic only enthusiast.

A true car enthusiast would never "ever ever" post a picture of their car with the registration. That's as dumb as saying "hey mr car thief - this is my car and this where i live - come n get it, i'll even leave you some warm milk outside!"

ps. mr thief mean man- it is a domestic - so you might be lucky if you make it down the block.

that's r1cer talk...lol

i REALLY REALLY hate on domestics and Japs...except for Toyota SUV's

euro all the way :P

read the whole thread than reply

euro's are great also not the most reliable

i like them all, but im not a ricer - i just know the reliability of cars, not a hater on domestic/europeans/japs

Guest Fez

no time to read the whole thread... ;)

euro's can't handle too much, that's true....that's what toyotas are for...but if you're looking for looks/comfort euro is the way to go...

euro's can't handle too much, that's true....that's what toyotas are for...but if you're looking for looks/comfort euro is the way to go...

how does comfort take over paying for problems tho? im not saying they are all like that.

euro's othen vw's are just status cars, w/ the exception of the m series...if you're all about status cars than maybe that's how you see them...bmw, benz, porsche, all have come a long way - they are getting better, no doubt they look great...but saying everything but euro's when it comes to looks/comfort is just silly...you're saying every person that has bought a domestic or japanese vehicle are idiots due to the car's lack of comfort and looks? maybe you didn't a like car that you had in the best but generalizing a company and all it's models is just pure ignorance.

Ok Pod I am going to break this down for you. Some things might not make sense to you because you're not a diehard. But at least you're not posing like NoSaleen is. And that's fine, I respect you for that.

The term Car guy is very relative.

You have different types of car guys, some think they are car guys, and some really are car guys.

Some think they are car guys because they are loyal to one specific type of brand of car and or/ cars from one continent and all the other makes are garbage. This is where NoSaleen fits in. He only likes domestic cars, which by the way I happen to think shouldn't qualify as cars, but merely scrap metal with wheels. But that's beside the point, this category of car guys are not "car guys"

You have the guys that just buy cars to turn them into mobile appliances, like dvd players, sound systems louder than Space, 28" chrome wheels, chrome door handles, chrome window wipers and all sorts of ridiculous nonsense. These are guys that "own cars" and make them as flashy as possible to draw attention on themselves or they won't get laid. These are not car guys.

You have guys that buy fast exotics, just to make a statement and in most cases cannot even drive a manual transmission. These are not car guys.

You have guys that eat, shit breath cars. Guys that love all cars no matter where they are from. These guys tend to have a penchant for the higher perfroming models with the manual transmissions, because these guys can actually drive them. These guys don't necessarily have to be mechanics, but when they get behind the wheel of a car, they could give 2 shits about leather seats, cruise control, navigation systems and everything else that distracts form the driving experience.

What's really important to a car guy, is the feedback the car gives them when pitched into a corner at full speed, the way the suspension reacts, the sound of the engine uncorked at full throttle. The way the shifter feels, the way the clutch engages and disengages. The way the seat bolsters hold you in place when negotiating a difficult corner. A car guy wants to feel the road he does not want to feel isolated from it. A true car guy doesn't care about luxury. Luxury is just a bonus. This is what BMW has mastered throughout the years. They are luxury cars but with an emphasis on driving. This is why they offer a manual transmission on almost all their cars.

Guys Like NoSaleen only like Domestics although they are unreliable pieces of junk and he knows that. But he won't admit it. His Pride won't allow him to. He is unfair in the sense that he knows Japanese cars are more reliable, but won't admit it. This is why I call him a poseur. He thinks he knows about cars when he really does not. This is why I refuse to engage in a car conversation with him, it would be like a pharmacist wanting to argue with a surgeon. It's not going to happen.

Get inside a late model Lexus, Infiniti or Acura before talking. They are just as refined as their euro counterparts. They just feel different, and it comes down to cultural differences.

Not true. That applies to mainstram models only. High performance models are different. When Nissan released the Mighty Japan only Skyline GTR, that engine was developed exclusively for it. The same applies to the Carerra GT, different motor and chassis then all the other ones. If I'm paying $170k for a Ford it better be from Ford of Europe and it better have an all new engineered motor. Not one form a mustang parts bin.

Guest james stratus
The new Shelby GT500 has the same engine as the Ford GT - 5.4 liter supercharged' date=' just detuned. Reason? Because Ford is are cheap.[/quote']

Not true. That applies to mainstram models only. High performance models are different. When Nissan released the Mighty Japan only Skyline GTR, that engine was developed exclusively for it. The same applies to the Carerra GT, different motor and chassis then all the other ones. If I'm paying $170k for a Ford it better be from Ford of Europe and it better have an all new engineered motor. Not one form a mustang parts bin.

It is true. But yes, in the High end most cars are developed as just that car. Somthing over 100K should be unique in it's engineering. Ford of Europe heh. If you own a Focus you own a Ford of Europe car. They were essentially out there 2 years before the states with a different name.

Guest ddg

euro's can't handle too much' date=' that's true....that's what toyotas are for...but if you're looking for looks/comfort euro is the way to go...

[/quote']

Get inside a late model Lexus, Infiniti or Acura before talking. They are just as refined as their euro counterparts. They just feel different, and it comes down to cultural differences.

the bitches say the back seat of my lexus is pretty comfy...lol.... :P

i love my L!!