Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Prive denies D-Wade

Guest sobe2004

Guest sobe2004

From http://www.thedirtmiami.com/

Dwyane%20Wade.jpg

D-Wade Denied

"Everything hurts right now .... especially my ego."

Yes he led the Miami Heat to a championship, was named GQ's best dressed player and is basically the poster boy for all that is cool in the NBA. But it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately kind of world, and if his friends can't dress as well as he can than Dwyane Wade has to weasel his way past the velvet ropes like everyone else. Our spies tell us that Wade rolled up to Prive with a ton of under-dressed dudes Saturday night and was denied entrance. Shocked and appalled, Wade attempted to pull the old "don't you know who I am" routine but ended up getting rejected like a fat girl on prom night. It's a sad day for the NBA Finals MVP.

Guest pod

There's more to this story, as always. I have a feeling Dwayne was fine, but his entourage was probably stupid drunk and liable to cause a ruckus or something.

Guest mr.miami

Nice to know the places at Sobe are being consistent. ;D Although if I saw the guy I wouldnt know who he was either. I dont get the LP comment though because the few times I went to crobar over the years I thought it was decent.

Guest vegasguy25

There's nothing wrong with that. Clubs have their standards, and everyone has to abide by them, even professional athletes and their friends.

Guest coach

Maybe the door guy wasn't a basketball fan. I certainly wouldn't know who he was. If I were him, I would blame his manager, publicist, or personal assistant for not fucking calling ahead.

Guest vegasguy25

I'd recognize him in an instant, but I still wouldn't let his entourage in if they were not dressed properly. I would, though, offer Dwyane comped admission if his friends wanted to change and come back, or return at another time.

Guest pod

That's a possibility too. However, there's like 2398482347 staff at the door to Privé, and I'm sure someone there knew who he was.

Again, I think there's a lot more to this than is being reported.

Ok listen up folks...

Yes DW is skillful, he is well dressed and polite. He carries himself well as an NBA player. No one can take that away from him.

But...

The guy is a human being just like everybody else. MVP or not, he shouldn't be allowed to do as he pleases. And if the clowns that form his entourage cannot understand and respect the club's dress code, then they should not be allowed in. They cannot expect entry to a club like Prive when they are dressed like a bunch of goons.

I don't care how rich you are. No exceptions. If You're not dressed appropriately you're not coming in. These apes thought that being with Dwayne Wade automatically entitled them not to dress up. What kind of pretentious bullshit is that? That's the problem with this society and this is the reason why it is going to shit. The door guy did well. I give him the utmost props for pulling that off. End of discussion.

Guest sobe2004

There's nothing wrong with that. Clubs have their standards, and everyone has to abide by them, even professional athletes and their friends.

There are no standards . . . if there were tell me how Brook Hogan (18yrs old) and Lindsay Lohan (20yrs old) get into these clubs???

Guest LeVeL

Dwayne Wade is the King of Miami for Prive to not let him into the club is a big slap on his face...shoot Prive should have the pleasure of allowing a guy like Wade into the club...if Wade could of wanted to go to anywhere else he would of been allowed in.

This certaintly means that you wont see Dwayne Wade @ Prive anytime soon.

I have to say that the doormen is either a Pistons Fan or just doesn't like the Miami Heat, there is no way in hell they should allow a Doormen that gets paid $80 dollars a night to make a decision like that.

I got to hang with him one night at a corp function, he's a kid, but he's a really polite kid who has no idea how big he is. I got a sense he had a good up bringing. He is everything right with Sports, he's like Curtis Martin or Derek Jeter, roll models and especially in a time where NBA players are firing warning shots outside of bars, we need more people like him.

From my sources, the reason he got turned away was because of his friends were "banged up"...

Dwayne Wade is the King of Miami for Prive to not let him into the club is a big slap on his face...shoot Prive should have the pleasure of allowing a guy like Wade into the club...if Wade could of wanted to go to anywhere else he would of been allowed in.

This certaintly means that you wont see Dwayne Wade @ Prive anytime soon.

I have to say that the doormen is either a Pistons Fan or just doesn't like the Miami Heat' date=' there is no way in hell they should allow a Doormen that gets paid $80 dollars a night to make a decision like that.

[/quote']

He was dressed and his goons were not. I'm pretty sure if they were dressed, they would have let them in.

There are no standards . . . if there were tell me how Brook Hogan (18yrs old) and Lindsay Lohan (20yrs old) get into these clubs???

Fuck that, they shouldn't let those dumb underage bitches in the club anyway.

Guest vegasguy25

Obviously there are standards. Just because there are mistakes made does not indicate the absence of standards. Don't be ridiculous. Any 21+ venue that lets underage people in risks their liquor license, as well as all sorts of liability issues. To let underage patrons in, celebrity or not, is a colossal error in judgment on the part of the door staff.

Guest pod

I've often wondered how venues blatantly get away with letting in underage celebs. It isn't a secret, either, as said celebs will often appear the next day or so on Wireimage or Getty with the caption of them being at Club XYZ.

Guest deprivation

Nice to hear D-wade's poorly dressed crew get denied. Us normal folks get fucked with all the time, it's nice to see celebs get denied too. But, it did sound like it was his crew that caused the problem.

Guest pod

Reminds me of the old Studio 54 stories where big celebs got denied because they didn't "work" that specific evening, but your average guy on the street would get in because it "worked" for that night. Or even the old story on how some celeb came with a horse, and he got denied, but they let the horse in.

Guest cool1g

i think we can all agree it was the poorly dressed entourage that was the problem, not Dwayne. i'm pretty sure he'd roll right in but wasn't going in without his boys.

Light and OPM in Vegas are pretty famous for turning away rappers and athletes that show up in sneakers and shorts.

honestly.. does anyone give a shit about this story? who the fuck cares? DW is a class act and a sharp dresser... another lame ass story by the amatures over at the dirt... why dont they get on some real interesting stuff? whats the next BIG story going to be? Mansion denies Lindsey Lohan because she was too drunk? YAWN. Give me some real Miami dirt... Saleen runs circles around these guys.