Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shine Friday Night Review

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devilicious

Friday night was an absolute blast! Huge thank you to the many awesome folks who came out to support [esp. Greg, Sara, Ryan, Steve, Dan, Christina, Kelly, Gabriel & Betsy, Bruce, Jon’s crew!] Thanks to Jon, Vaughan & the lust crew, the staff, Kelly and Major, and of course Mark and Sheldon for coming out to play.

There was a nice sized crowd in there by 11:30. I thought it was a sign of a huge night to come, but it ended up being about half full for the duration. I personally enjoyed Farina’s last set at Shine much more; the tunes Friday were nice, but not what I would choose to hear when I am at a club. Nevertheless everyone around me was dancing and drinking… girls just kept climbing on top of my bar till I was forced to join in.

Chib – decorations? Are you serious? It’s a night club, not a bar mitzvah. Save that shit for the kiddies on NYE.

As for the complaints about cans, it is illegal to have bottles by the pool area (outside), which is why they have cans. Regardless, complaints made by someone still talking about being prom king are pretty difficult to take seriously… lmao. If you ever had any ground to stand upon you certainly don’t after that comment.

In reply to the beer being skunked, I got zero complaints. Of course I served grown-ups at my bar, none of whom asked for Bud Light. I can tell you that the champagne was delicious and the cocktails strong. Lemondrops, mmmm!

Can't wait till WMC '07 ;D

Chib – decorations? Are you serious? It’s a night club, not a bar mitzvah. Save that shit for the kiddies on NYE...

uhmm ... u never ever seen any decorations at ANY "nightclub" here in Miami ? lol

i had a great time ... it was a fun night ... i just expected more for it being a NINE year anniversary party

Guest rhythmburn
Chib – decorations? Are you serious? It’s a night club, not a bar mitzvah. Save that shit for the kiddies on NYE...

uhmm ... u never ever seen any decorations at ANY "nightclub" here in Miami ? lol

i had a great time ... it was a fun night ... i just expected more for it being a NINE year anniversary party

i had fun chilling in the smoking lounge

Guest coach

Am I on crack or have there been some posts deleted/edited here? I keep seeing things quoted that I didn't see in posts originally.

Anyway, sounds like a blast, sorry we missed it.

Guest djjoncowan

When did it become illegal to have beer bottles outside by a pool? Did I miss something, or is that a hotel rule?

its illegal to have anything glass anyplace outside where people can leave with it. rule goes for miami, ft lauderdale, palm beach, hard rock - everywhere - it was all bottles served inside - if you bought a can it was from the pool bar and you were offered a bottled beer but in a cup....

Guest Diabolique

my m.o. has always been not fukken showing up and expecting the party to show u a good time...let the party begin because u showed up....its your decision....

so the homecoming king is starting to realize his life already peaked long before he hit up south beach...boo hoo hoooooo. you realize no one believes your claim, mainly because you reek of insecure ego overdrive.

Hey Uncle Rico, pix pleez of your last night as "king"! ;D

decor is nice but jeez, some of the best parties during wmc have no decorations up, just a really good DJ and a crowd that appreciates. I'm so over ppl who show up waiting to be entertained. you ARE the entertainment, and the DJ plays the soundtrack to your night. if you go thru life expecting everythig to be perfect you will never find happiness in anything you do.

For the record, I & my very jaded ears were happy all night long. ;)

Guest vaughan

Have friends... will travel.

I expected a few celebrity sightings... dancers dropped in by helicopter and a good old fashioned Miami shoot-out... so I guess I was let down too...

The company and the music however were just fine! I am the life of my own party so I always have fun.

Guest swirlundergrounder

decor is nice but jeez, some of the best parties during wmc have no decorations up, just a really good DJ and a crowd that appreciates. I'm so over ppl who show up waiting to be entertained.

I for one don't have a good time unless there are fire dancers on the stage and streamers tied to the front of fans. And murals hanging down from the ceiling with glow sticks on strings dangling from up above.

Besides when was the last time you went out and had a truly great night and talked about how great the decorations at the club where???

Usually if you take the time to comment about the decorations or even take the time to notice them then that probably means that you didn't have such a good time ..

....if you know what I mean ;D

Guest pod

Depends on the party. I'm one for the visual end, but if everything else is in order, I'll overlook the lack of fire dancers or what-have-you.

Guest corradi

Yeah. Well I banged the prom queen on prom night :P i always remembered the prom king being a Varsity athlete(dork) who you would see at raves with glow sticks trying to fit in. Duuudee I'm on E... Fucking touch me.

I'll admit I too was disappointed, but my disappointment has been going on for the last six years with the scene. No support! The ones that do support always seem to be complaining about the beers... or the lights.... or decorations.... while guy's like me are sparking with the dj trying to make the best of it.

Thank god there are still people like Lust and Jon.. who are trying to keep this thing going.

Then in a breath to try and diss the party, my friends and the establishment is just flat out disrespectful. No worries though mate. We'll keep on striving.

Farina... hands down is a legend. I was standing behind him the whole night. His skills are unmatched. I personally would have like to see him drop some acid Jazz.... or Mushroom Jazz... a term coined by the legend himself,,.... but heah... sometimes being around what you love, is all that matters. ;)

oh god lol

gotta love the sarcasm V

next time imma lie about everything ... and tell the opposite side of things ::)

for the third time, i had fun ... and i gave credit to the music, the djs and my bartender for the night

.. and to quote someone saying something about best parties being in a warehouse during WMC ...

1. this is NOT conference

2. last time i checked, Shine is not a warehouse so put something up and treat the place as the better-than-the-regular-joint-kind of place that it is ... more lights, some logos on the walls, put a freakin white ponny in the middle of the dancefloor .. something !

3. and yes, i do expect to be entertained ... isnt that what is all about ? going out, listen to good music and have fun ? isnt having fun some sort of ENTERTAINMENT ?

jeesh

Guest mr.miami

I just think it is funny that the way some of these posts are worded that people are taking the fact that someone didn't like the party rather personally. I've never gone to Shine, but what makes it any better than the other venues around miami?

I just think it is funny that the way some of these posts are worded that people are taking the fact that someone didn't like the party rather personally. I've never gone to Shine, but what makes it any better than the other venues around miami?

no doubt.. looks like i hit hit a nerve cell with a few... look.. im just knocking the club. excuse me for stating my opinions.. if people cant take constructive criticism.. then dont read the boards.

it seriouslly reminded me of a high school prom where they turned the cafeteria into a cheesy dance room... the place was dead.. and the beers were sour.. excuse me to the person above who told me to get out of high school and start drinking liquor like adults do... umm ok.. well fuck you.. ill drink what i want... just like you drink what you want... tell the fucking staff at Shine to buy new beer.

Guest mr.miami

You should have bitched to whatever bartender gave you the foul beers. Most respectable places probably would have replaced them for you. I think? Hmm. well this is Miami ???

Guest Major

Such a great night! I had a brilliant time behind the bar, serving friends, industry's elite and clubbers alike.

Congrats to Lust 4 House on there nine year anniversary.

Jon, thanks again for bringing us Mark Farina, and putting on a fantastic night.

Lookin forward to the next one!

Guest coach

no doubt.. looks like i hit hit a nerve cell with a few... look.. im just knocking the club. excuse me for stating my opinions.. if people cant take constructive criticism.. then dont read the boards.

it seriouslly reminded me of a high school prom where they turned the cafeteria into a cheesy dance room... the place was dead.. and the beers were sour.. excuse me to the person above who told me to get out of high school and start drinking liquor like adults do... umm ok.. well fuck you.. ill drink what i want... just like you drink what you want... tell the fucking staff at Shine to buy new beer.

The above is not "constructive criticism."

Felt like i was at my high school prom. Srsly, this place sucks.

music was shit.. mark who?

beers were from last season (meaning outdated and sour)

place was deaaaaaaad.

i dont know how anybody can say that they love this place. complete cheese.

Nor is this.

If you wanna bitch, that is fine, bitch. Sometimes bitching is good, if you need to vent about something. But don't try to play it off like something helpful. If you were really interested in offering something constructive, I am sure you could have figured out some way to contact the management privately with your suggestions.

Guest corradi

it seriouslly reminded me of a high school prom where they turned the cafeteria into a cheesy dance room...

Wow dude.... your prom was at the high school cafeteria!

:o

did you get a burger king crown as well. :D

Yo dude I'm not trying to talk shit... well yes I am.

Ha Ha.

it seriouslly reminded me of a high school prom where they turned the cafeteria into a cheesy dance room...

Ha Ha.

hehehe.. actually, i dont even remember where my prom was it was so long ago

Guest dahzel

Ha Ha.

hehehe.. actually, i dont even remember where my prom was it was so long ago

i know i was the first to reply to you on this but i can't believe how much shit this is getting for your opinion

Guest mr.miami

What is the point of keeping things hush hush? I think it is good to hear other peoples experiences at a place whether good, or bad. I believe it does a service for the people that are part of the cj community.

Guest vaughan

hehe it doesnt bother me.. while they are at shine next weekend with a dead room.. ill be at another club getting loose in a full club.

Actually Shine isn't "OPEN". It was a one time party... and they will be using the venue that you love so much for one-off events.

Chib... was great to see you and appreciate the support. Wasn't directing that at anyone actually, especially not you... the actual point was you win some and you lose some. I had a wicked time because I was there with a shitload of friends and if you need to know the truth, I was so caught up "catching up" with old friends, I didn't teven see what else was going on.

ICON... You had a shitty time... I get that. Hey, it happens and can respect that. My only comment to you is that you should channel some of your negative energy and redirect it in a more constrcutive way. You seem like a nice guy... and you probably are but I just can't tell from all of your threads. I actually looked at ALL of your threads and I think I found ONE that said a KIND thing about someone.. DJ MeTa... who deserves it BTW.

I had a fun night and can't speak for everyone... But I had a great night... celebrating 9 years of LUST with some great friends... hanging with my wife celebrating her birthday with all her friends... and being fortunate to have so many great friends that turn out and have fun no matter what.... Jon Cowan, you're a true friend and a great guy and have better things to do than defending your hard work; anyone in your position would do the same thing! Thanks for the opportunity and you're like a brother to me! The 9 Years has nothing on what we've been through!

Thanks to those that showed up. And thanks to those that did have fun. I personally apologize for those that were disappointed. And Icon... PM me and I will refund your cover charges personally... coming from the dj and promoter.