Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My name Is No Saleen

240turbo

ideally you might want a driver's car WITH "chick appeal", but my point earlier was if you're driving a S500, a G35 wasnt even on your radar when you went car shopping, or vice-versa. like rick said, the C230 would be the competition.

Thank you once again sir.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new skyline will fail, do I need to post another list of Asian sports car that failed?

Why not.

350 z twin turbo

supra twin trubo

eclipse turbo

VR4 Turbo

Probe (won car of the year)

Rx 8

Rx 7

Evo, no one bought it

WRX, not asian per se, great car, but no one bought it

Sport 2000 they cancelled it.

Americans don't and won't buy their sports cars from Asia.

You continue to prove that you have no clue what you're talking about. Your "opinion" does not constitute fact.

The Skyline GT-R will fail like the rest of the Nissan line ? In case you hadn't noticed...Renault partnered with Nissan in 2000 and the cash injection reaped 8 new series or models of vehicles in Nissan and Infiniti. The G-35 in it's first year of sales beat records in terms of sales volume/capita.

You have decided that you will actually admit in print that the "fairlady"(do your research if you're not quite sure) around since the 1970's was a failure.

To that list you include;

- Supra Turbo (hahaha)

- RX-7 (first rotary success)

- WRX ( 300BHP AWD for under $25K )

Asians/Koreans came to this country and built cars to withstand the extremes of our climate, and culture that now perform and hold up better than our own domestic product, in most cases for less money. Their QC (quality control) is far superior to anything we do and our industry knows it. We have no pride in workmanship....c'mon.

They are competing on all levels...sedan,sport,van,suv, shit look around.

And here's the classic -

"Americans don't and won't buy their sports cars from Asia."

You better go tell that to all of the domestic automotive speculators/investors in the industry as well as the thousands of laid off employees and their families.

We're the most powerful nation in the world? How come we can't design "1" automobile to export so that we can create jobs here in the U.S.

save your rhetoric. ::)

Ok, so can I buy any of those cars listed execpt for the EvO and WRX??

Nope, every single one of them was either cancelled or turned into a chick car with a 4 banger and no option for the bigger power.

Why did this happen?

Add the NSX to the list as well.

ps. please define what sales per capita means?

I thought you were a degreed 'financial wizard' as well as a club legend?

The retail industry will take a 'census' from the completed sales of their domain. This information is gathered in many ways. In the automotive industry this information is gathered by the DMV when a vehicle is registered...so based on a zipcode , vehicle category and model they can determine what the total 'VEHICLES SOLD PER CAPITA' were in the specific category vs. the competition in very specific and targeted regions.

In the case of the G-35 it's competition at the time were vehicles like the 3.2TL, 3 Series, MB C Class, Volvo S series, Saab 9.3, Audi A4-6 etc. and they beat all of their competition hands down. All dealerships have access to this information in their territories...so for example all GM stores can tell how many Honda Civics or Mazda 3's sold to compete with their Cavaliers or whatever they call them now.

I don't have the time to waste on comments about discontinued models...that's just ridiculous. Why don't you do the research yourself on discontinued domestics....you might turn up some old favourites of yours. Stop making stupid comments and digging yourself a deeper hole...quit while you're ahead.

Name me one Asian sports car that didn't die off in the US besides the American owned Miata?

Just name one, just one!

You can't.

Any one can take a car, slap some power option on it and sell a ton of units for the 1st 3 years, but after that, it's newness is gone and people wake up, and sales tank.

The skyline will be a $65,000 Nissan!!! You can get a brand new Vette for 44k or a savings of $21,000 or you can get a porsche 911 for about 20 grand more, or you can get the Boxer, or the Cayman or if you have a sack a Viper or just spend 11 grand more and get a car that would run circles around all of them the z06.

So who will buy this Skyline? They will sell out the 1st 3 years, then what? Who buys a 65k Nissan???? This is why the Infinity dealers fought hard to get it badged for them but they lost out. They know what we all know, people don't buy 65k nissans.

Add some options to it, and you are looking at 75k or even 80k..

So why will the skyline work if not one asian car EVER has had decades producing a real sports car for the US market, except for the American owned Miata???

A quote from the auto week article

But a source says in-house studies show that the expected clientele does not want to shop for such a high-end vehicle at a Nissan dealership.

I can see it now, your new 65k+ car is sitting in the show room next to a Sentra...

What if the skyine is a sick sports car? Well the Sport2000 was beloved by every magazine, but the American public looked at it and said, Ricer version of the Boxer, no thanks..

Skyline is a Ricer version of the Vette just for more money and it has no sack compared to the Viper.

Guest swank

Name me one Asian sports car that didn't die off in the US besides the American owned Miata?

Just name one, just one!

You can't.

Any one can take a car, slap some power option on it and sell a ton of units for the 1st 3 years, but after that, it's newness is gone and people wake up, and sales tank.

The skyline will be a $65,000 Nissan!!! You can get a brand new Vette for 44k or a savings of $21,000 or you can get a porsche 911 for about 20 grand more, or you can get the Boxer, or the Cayman or if you have a sack a Viper or just spend 11 grand more and get a car that would run circles around all of them the z06.

So who will buy this Skyline? They will sell out the 1st 3 years, then what? Who buys a 65k Nissan???? This is why the Infinity dealers fought hard to get it badged for them but they lost out. They know what we all know, people don't buy 65k nissans.

So why will the skyline work if not one asian car EVER has had decades producing a real sports car for the US market, except for the American owned Miata???

But a source says in-house studies show that the expected clientele does not want to shop for such a high-end vehicle at a Nissan dealership.

I can see it now, your new 65k+ car is sitting in the show room next to a Sentra...

What if the skyine is a sick sports car? Well the Sport2000 was beloved by every magazine, but the American public looked at it and said, Ricer version of the Boxer, no thanks..

Skyline is a Ricer version of the Vette just for more money and it has no sack compared to the Viper.

I don't know of any asian sports cars that have died off...and when did the Miata become an American car?

yes...after three years its' "newness" is gone..just like the rest of the environment today...electronics...fashion...knowledge...media content...it all loses its' "appeal" after awhile and must be changed in order to continually stimulate or attract.

So what if it''s a $65000 Lada as long as it does the job? ::) I don't know where you buy your cars but 07' coupes MSRP hover around $60K so does that tell you anything about the Z06? or any of the other cars you've mentioned. Throw in a cigarette lighter and the vette is $85K

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/new_corvette_inventory

As opposed to what? A Corvette next to a Fkn Chevy Cobalt? Or an Escalade that has the interior of a Siverado or Suburban?

Once again I will explain it to you...

Nissan will produce a vehicle with an MSRP of around 65K. This vehicle surrounded by it's mystique will create such a PR buzz that it might even convince little "Johnny" to buy a Sentra instead of another vehicle. If the boys down at the local Nissan store do it right...they will turn him into a customer as he and his budget grows.

The Nissan for $65K in true reality costs much more to manufacture when R&D is factored in but who cares...the happy consumer is willing to subsidize this marketing campaign.

Nissan is famous for this platform.

you're still just not informed (wrong)...

Just name one, just one!

You can't.

I don't know of any asian sports cars that have died off...and when did the Miata become an American car?

yes...after three years its' "newness" is gone..just like the rest of the environment today...electronics...fashion...knowledge...media content...it all loses its' "appeal" after awhile and must be changed in order to continually stimulate or attract.

So what if it''s a $65000 Lada as long as it does the job? ::) I don't know where you buy your cars but 07' coupes MSRP hover around $60K so does that tell you anything about the Z06? or any of the other cars you've mentioned. Throw in a cigarette lighter and the vette is $85K

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/new_corvette_inventory

As opposed to what? A Corvette next to a Fkn Chevy Cobalt? Or an Escalade that has the interior of a Siverado or Suburban?

Once again I will explain it to you...

Nissan will produce a vehicle with an MSRP of around 65K. This vehicle surrounded by it's mystique will create such a PR buzz that it might even convince little "Johnny" to buy a Sentra instead of another vehicle. If the boys down at the local Nissan store do it right...they will turn him into a customer as he and his budget grows.

The Nissan for $65K in true reality costs much more to manufacture when R&D is factored in but who cares...the happy consumer is willing to subsidize this marketing campaign.

Nissan is famous for this platform.

you're still just not informed (wrong)...

Lets look at the blunders in your post..

The Miata is owned by Ford... Never said it was "American"

Cars that died, you know of none? NXS, Probe, Sport2000, VR4 etc.

The vette has been around since the 1950's, it's been sitting next to shoeboxes for 50+ years!

But what you are talking about is bringing a car to the US only known to kids who played playstation and selling it at Nissan dealerships for 65k, which is exactly what the Autoweek article states as being a risk, thus why Infiniti wanted the car.

Is Autoweek wrong and you are right? Please answer this.

The Z51 Vette is 54k, or about 11k cheaper than the Skyline.

I would assume Sentra owners would take a decade or more to step up into a car costing about $50,000 more.

To recap, Nissan is selling a 65k car only known to kids who played play station.

This one will be over before it begins.

Guest swank

you know what....? everyone has a friend like you...always has to have the last word...no matter what dribble comes out of their mouth. Yup! all those losers at Nissan are gonna be in for a big surprise...the shit's gonna hit the fan with this one! Heads are gonna roll! ROFLMAO All those people who can afford this car are gonna FREAK when they have to take delivery at a Nissan store and not an Infiniti store. Stick to 'yenta'ing'

I'm not going to argue with someone who knows a whole lot about nothing...specially on the net.

YOU WIN! ;D

argue091204xf1.jpg

you know what....? everyone has a friend like you...always has to have the last word...no matter what dribble comes out of their mouth. Yup! all those losers at Nissan are gonna be in for a big surprise...the shit's gonna hit the fan with this one! Heads are gonna roll! ROFLMAO All those people who can afford this car are gonna FREAK when they have to take delivery at a Nissan store and not an Infiniti store. Stick to 'yenta'ing'

I'm not going to argue with someone who knows a whole lot about nothing...specially on the net.

YOU WIN! ;D

argue091204xf1.jpg

So was autoweek right or wrong???

yes or no...

Guest swank

doooood! I don't know...I didn't check....and it wouldn't matter with you anyhow.

Please see above "You Win!"

sheesh.

P.S. I now have the last word again...I know it's gonna kill you and you're gonna have to post something else.

doooood! I don't know...I didn't check....and it wouldn't matter with you anyhow.

Please see above "You Win!"

sheesh.

P.S. I now have the last word again...I know it's gonna kill you and you're gonna have to post something else.

Pure entertainment. LOL