Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Toyota set to overtake GM as world's biggest automaker

Guest swank

Toyotas are known worldwide as the most bulletproof cars. Super reliable. These cars are known to go way over 150k with no issues. And New GM's built in the US(not Europe or Australia) are known worldwide to break down before their first oil change.LOL

Guest pod

I know where this thread is gonna go.

So therefore, using my new, custom-shot (ask Carlos F) photo:

engine.cgi?idd=1&u=CNrrNPLFEBHf&command=engine.showImage.show&galleryID=2006-10-18&imageID=23&width=468&height=312

Oh, and the whole lot of you should just really consider all your cars suck since undoubtedly some jackass, who probably learned to drive in South America or Asia, will run into you, forever ruining it's resale value and knocking something asunder which no mechanic will ever be able to diagnose, and you'll be stuck with a "what is that noise"-mobile for all eternity.

Guest swirlundergrounder

hell yeah Toyota number 1

cept when the rape me at the dealership :-X

how did they rape you at the dealership? were u forced to purchase your car at gun point?

my interest sucks. mind u my credit was in the toilet at the time...

Well if you messed up your credit and had bad credit going in to get a car loan then you raped yourself.... :P

You know there are times in life, when you can really laugh, like for example people who drive 1994 Berettas or people who over the age of 30 have no car make fun of your Mustang GT..

Then it's even funnier when said people claim they are car experts, sorta like this this quote:

Toyota's are known worldwide as the most bulletproof cars. Super reliable. These cars are known to go way over 150k with no issues. And New GM's built in the US(not Europe or Australia) are known worldwide to break down before their first oil change.LOL

So is he right??? Well he is a car expert that doesn't own a car, but here is the truth people:

2006133a.gif

Out of the 13 Car makers who rank above avg, 7 of them are American owned...

What about Toyota? Sure they build Lexus, but the argument was for Toyota branded cars, so doesn't it suck that 3 American car manufactures all rank ahead of Toyota????

At some point in time Rick will get off the drugs he tried to sell to the space bouncers and get a real job and actually go out there and buy a car, I just wonder if it will be a Buick, Mercury or Caddy, because they all have better quality than his Toyota..

Now, lets ask yourself this, how can GM offer 100k warranties if they are shitty cars? GM would go broke, the fact is, thier cars are so much better built these days, they can do this and look here, look at their numbers today.

GM roars past forecasts

Nation's No. 1 automaker posts much stronger than expected earnings, revenue on improved North American sales.

By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer

October 25 2006: 11:46 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors posted third-quarter operating profit Wednesday that nearly doubled Wall Street's earnings expectations as its turnaround efforts continued to show results.

The nation's No. 1 automaker earned $529 million, or 93 cents a share excluding special items, compared with a loss of $1.1 billion, or $1.97 a share on that basis a year earlier.

Analysts surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast earnings of only 49 cents a share in the period.

While special charges still left GM with a narrow net loss in the period, the result was the second straight quarter that the company posted an operating profit after five straight quarters of large losses.

Revenue from auto sales also topped forecasts, but only slightly, rising to $39.5 billion from $38.4 billion a year earlier. Analysts had forecast sales of $38.8 billion.

While not all of its problems are behind it, GM's improved results in what is a traditionally difficult period for auto profits show it is achieving some of the cost-cutting goals it set out a year ago.

GM still reported a narrow loss on its core automotive operations, but shaved $1.3 billion of losses from its North American operations, as it instituted labor and health care cost savings negotiated over the past 12 months with the United Auto Workers union. The company said it is on track to reach $6 billion in annual cost savings from those moves this year.

The company also cut its announced exposure to costs associated with the bankruptcy of auto parts maker Delphi (Charts). GM (Charts) said it now could be on the hook for between between $6 and $7.5 billion in pre-tax obligations to its former parts unit, as compared to a previously disclosed range of $5.5 to $12 billion.

Still shares of GM (down $1.39 to $34.80, Charts), a Dow Jones industrial average component, were down in morning trading on the report. Shares closed up $1, or nearly 3 percent, in trading Tuesday on anticipation of better-than-forecast results.

Kevin Tynan, auto analyst for Argus Research, said he thinks the sell-off Wednesday is partly an example of selling-on-the-news, and also on concerns that the company continues to lose money on its auto operations despite the improvements that have been made.

"There's concern about sustainability of recovery of auto operations, which are still losing money and burning through a lot of cash," said Tynan. "While it's easy to say we're moving in the right direction, there's still a lot of problems out there."

Tynan, who does not own any GM shares, has a $40, 12-month price target on the stock and a short-term "buy" recommendation. But he also has a "sell" recommendation for investors who have a longer-term investment outlook.

SUVs help

While the number of vehicles sold in North America fell 8 percent, revenue from that core market edged up just less than 1 percent, with GM posting stronger sales of its newly designed SUVs compared to a year earlier despite higher gas prices at the beginning of the most recent quarter.

The auto revenue helped lift overall revenue to $48.8 billion from $47.2 billion a year earlier. The charges associated with staff buyouts and early retirements, other restructuring moves and the sale of its GMAC finance unit left the company with a net loss in the period of $115 million, or 20 cents a share. But that's an improvement from the loss of $1.7 billion, or $2.94 a share, in the year-earlier period.

GM still did not give guidance as to when it will return to profitability in its core auto operations, despite the good news on costs and sales. The company previously had said it needed to wrap up the sale of GMAC and a labor deal with Delphi before it would give such guidance.

But Wednesday, Chief Financial Officer Fritz Henderson would not commit to when or if it might now give a profit outlook once again.

"I can't promise anything," he said. "It's a debate we have to go through ourselves internally."

Listen baby boy - this topic is about cars, stick to it, i know you can, you've been schooled enough on this board by many people and you still choose to post your wannabe insulting bs...stick to the topic.

It's not about what you drive or don't drive that proves your knowledge about automobiles being domestic or non domestic - but again you are right cuz you run the boards n you are the legend of cocks, so we will all hail to nosaleen...

Let's put it this way...let's say we we're to remove all the patriotic consumers in the USA...you know the people that say things like "let's go nuke those fuckers, the ones that put a tachometer on their hood instead of inside of their car, and words like they took our jobs!" you get the picture...if we we're to remove these people out of the country for a day and replace them with both non so hyped up americans and told them to choose an automobile being domestic or non, chances are the highest percentage would go for the more economical(not everyone needs a V10 truck)/reliable vehicles.

I have many clients in nw broward including areas of parkland estates where the average home starts in the high 900ks, and many of them have gonne from your caddy to a lexus, before they only bought american made vehicles...but they are not the uneducated patriotic type to stick to the same pos car if that car is giving him them headaches day in n day out.

These consumers are not losing any pride like nosaleen and his buddies think they are by driving a non american car.

GM is dropping their pants as a result to their major losses and more educated consumers. By giving consumers the new 100k warranty, they know alot of their clientele are making the switch, and GM deff does not want this as it hurts business. Why do companies such as Kia, Daewoo, Suzuki, Hyundai, give 10yr or 100k warranties? Because it's a way for them to get their business. Toyota knows their products will last for many years to come even with just their 3 years warranties. They don't need to drop their pants to give those 10 years. Consumers these days know alot about their reputation when it comes to making these vehicles last.

Take an used toyota tacoma for example...these small pick up trucks hold their value like no other.

Here's a comparison, apples to apples, power windows, power locks, power steering, tilt wheel, cd, ac, extended cab, 100k mileage, 2000 models, V6 engines, excellent condition.

From www.kbb.com

Toyota Tacoma - $11,000. - V6 3.4 L - 2WD Base motor

Nissan Frontier - $8,600. - V6 3.3 L - 2WD Base motor

Dodge Dakota - $8,410. - V6 3.9 L - 2WD Base motor

Chevrolet S10 - $8,285. - V6 4.3 L - 2WD Base motor

Ford Ranger - $7,490. - V6 3.0 L - 2WD Base motor

Maybe this is why GM is now offering 100k limited warranties....

Guest michael^heaven

Furthermore, to add to Diogo's point, the 100K warrantee is not bumper-to-bumper. Generally, it only covers the drivetrain & differential. I owned a Blazer several years ago but that was my first & last "American-made" vehicle. Left me stranded one evening because a computer chip malfunctioned & shut the entire engine down (btw..the truck was purchased new). I have not had any such problems with the euro/asian vehicles that I've bought. Based upon the vehicles that I've owned, my Volvo has been top shelf>>lowest cost on maintenance & parts, awesome gas mileage, drives like a tank on steroids in poor weather, unreal safety factor (even the older models had dual airbags way before the "big-3" even thought about it), home of the 440,000 mile engine (btw...I'm at 220,000...still drives like a champ!).

Guest swirlundergrounder

Furthermore, to add to Diogo's point, the 100K warrantee is not bumper-to-bumper. Generally, it only covers the drivetrain & differential. I owned a Blazer several years ago but that was my first & last "American-made" vehicle. Left me stranded one evening because a computer chip malfunctioned & shut the entire engine down (btw..the truck was purchased new). I have not had any such problems with the euro/asian vehicles that I've bought. Based upon the vehicles that I've owned, my Volvo has been top shelf>>lowest cost on maintenance & parts, awesome gas mileage, drives like a tank on steroids in poor weather, unreal safety factor (even the older models had dual airbags way before the "big-3" even thought about it), home of the 440,000 mile engine (btw...I'm at 220,000...still drives like a champ!).

Haha.. I had a Ford Explorer a couple of years ago and the same thing happened to me. Except I was driving through Bal Harbor and the whole truck just died. Like one of those sci fi electromagnetic storms came through and shut every thing down. It didn't even make a sound. It felt as if I was driving on air for a couple of hundred feet.

Bastard cop didn't even help me push it off the road. I had to push it off the road all by myself.

No way. No more American cars for me...

Haha.. I had a Ford Explorer a couple of years ago and the same thing happened to me. Except I was driving through Bal Harbor and the whole truck just died. Like one of those sci fi electromagnetic storms came through and shut every thing down. It didn't even make a sound. It felt as if I was driving on air for a couple of hundred feet.

Bastard cop didn't even help me push it off the road. I had to push it off the road all by myself.

No way. No more American cars for me...

there was a ford explorer across the street parked in a condo parking lot that caught on fire a few days ago...it was parked and caught on fire!

mike i've also owned a blazer years ago, mine was a late 80s S10 blazer, i knew the type of headache i was getting into but at the time i was in my early teens and had to get a truck for the winter, somehow there was a major exhaust leak and the truck sounded like a V8 w/ flowmasters kinda like nosaleens dual exhaust when he removes his mufflers for his 5hp gain.

the only way for someone to buy an used domestic these days if the car is a few years old is to really trust the seller, even at that you will be paying not only at the mechanic but with stress as most domestic do break more often than imports...i've owned both i know from experience...the worse is how terry mentioned breaking down in the middle of nowhere, by yourself.

Guest Mattivi

i own my bravada free and clear and ive put way more money into than i would have liked. the mistake i made is that i started to put all this money into maintenace instead of selling it after the problems first started happening, a dumb move on my part. domestic cars seem to slowly start to fall apart after about 80k.

i have a friend who owns an older nissan maxima that has 185k miles and hasnt had to do as much as an oil change, thats saying something. for sure my next vehicle will be a nissan or toyota. another friend of mine has and older lexus and is going on 200k and has very little maintenance done to the vehicle. im not a "car guy" but it doesnt take one to notice that japenese cars are the most dependable vehicles on the road, and they're competitively priced.

You know there are times in life, when you can really laugh, like for example people who drive 1994 Berettas or people who over the age of 30 have no car make fun of your Mustang GT..

Then it's even funnier when said people claim they are car experts, sorta like this this quote:

Toyota's are known worldwide as the most bulletproof cars. Super reliable. These cars are known to go way over 150k with no issues. And New GM's built in the US(not Europe or Australia) are known worldwide to break down before their first oil change.LOL

So is he right??? Well he is a car expert that doesn't own a car, but here is the truth people:

2006133a.gif

Out of the 13 Car makers who rank above avg, 7 of them are American owned...

What about Toyota? Sure they build Lexus, but the argument was for Toyota branded cars, so doesn't it suck that 3 American car manufactures all rank ahead of Toyota????

At some point in time Rick will get off the drugs he tried to sell to the space bouncers and get a real job and actually go out there and buy a car, I just wonder if it will be a Buick, Mercury or Caddy, because they all have better quality than his Toyota..

Hey Girlie,

You love me don't you? It's a love/hate thing I understand. Poor baby. You can't get over the fact that I bruised your ego badly. That's why you keep talking about me. You'll never forget me. I traumatized you. You have nightmares about me and hope one day I'll stop making fun of your Rustang and 50 yr old looks. Don't worry I won't make fun of you anymore. No more Deli jokes... Ok hun?

Till this day, you're still bothered and hurt by the verbal AND mental beatdown that I gave you last week on several occasions. You're just embarassed that you can never comeback with anything as sharp and witty as my responses.

You have no idea how many calls and IM's I've recived from people giving me props for making you look like the dope you really are. People laugh when I make fun of you, and they laugh hysterically.

You're a one track minded jackass, no originality. All you can do is bring back 2 stupid points about me that are completely false. Yes I do own a car you bonehead, many people on this board have been inside it, including Pod. And Secondly, I was never a drug dealer. Never had a reason to. Just to clear the record for everybody.

So be a fucking man and not the pussy that you are and stick to the topic. Cars....

As far as your Buick bullshit goes. Look at the number of cars sold, these cars are such slow sellers, that GM almost stopped producing them. So of course they would have less issues per 100 cars, dickhead. With not many cars sold you can't possibly have that many problems. Compare that to the amount of cars Toyota sells worldwide. Go ask the boys in detroit how many Buicks they sell worldwide, and you'll get a blank stare because the answer is zero. No other country wants to assume the liability of having these pieces of shits on their soil. Get real world examples. Talk to people that actually own these cars, and they'll tell you, not a fucking graph. Just about everybody on this thread has owned a domestic in the past including myself and we all feel the same. You're the only one defending domestics. They're garbage and we all know it. GM gives 100k warranties because they already know that their cars are going to break down, and consumers know it. So in order to keep sales up they have to offer that bogus warrantee. While on the topic, Ford is offering all new Rustang owners a gift certificate valued at $5000 redeemable only for the engine rebuild you'll be needing in 8 months(Ok I'll stop with the rustang jokes)

I know you're still going to be obsessed with me, although I just made you look like the true dunce that you are. But it's fine I'm used to having gay stalkers. But I'll never give in to you, I told you already I only like women. I changed my cell# and blocked my home phone because of you, don't you get the picture? If you need a companion , I hear the Pleasure Emporium just received a new stock of muscular male blow up dolls with facial hair and 12" penises.

Until next time here's a kiss

:-*