Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ MAG TOP 100 DJs poll results

Guest Tru2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yume

Heard him like 2 years ago at crobar. He was actually a fun DJ. Not like "trainspotting", but just a good party DJ. Me, the HQ gang, and Vivek went through a lot of booze that night. Like an asinine amount.

He's a hella fun party dj! He tours like a madman, has realeased 2 major mix cds in a short amount of time, and has a large underground following on the west coast. He also does a ton of remixes. He works non-stop.

He is also a very approachable and down to earth guy.

All that makes him a fan favorite. Good for him! :)

Guest Adam Singer

"Artists should prove themselves and gain listeners naturally, not through marketing schemes."

"For more Adam, check out www.agsinger.com"

:P

way to take me out of context ...

also

what is it i do besides compose music? well, if you actually had gone to my website you'd see im a writer too...i clearly have my writing hat on in that context

it also happens there are free music downloads on my site of art i wrote and want to share with the world

am i spamming edm listeners with 'vote for me' banners...nope

seriously dont compare me to those dj's whoring the net for votes in a dj list - in fact i dont even troll the net for new listeners...they find me for the most part

im serious about making art for the pure sake of it, but people should be able to find out who you are somehow - a line of text at the end of my writing is not the same as the marketing scheme i was speaking of in this article...

Guest sfgrl

I personally think the DJs that didn't make it on that list are the Top DJs like :

Behrouz

Francois K

Cirillo

Tania Vulcano

Josh Wink

Ricardo Villalobos

Clive Henry

Locodice

This poll is just a popularity contest and every year we all have the same debate. It's a joke.

Guest Philip

I personally think the DJs that didn't make it on that list are the Top DJs like :

Behrouz

Francois K

Cirillo

Tania Vulcano

Josh Wink

Ricardo Villalobos

Clive Henry

Locodice

thats more like it ;)

Guest Fez

Behrouz

Francois K

Cirillo

Tania Vulcano

Josh Wink

Ricardo Villalobos

Clive Henry

Locodice

This poll is just a popularity contest and every year we all have the same debate. It's a joke.

out of that list probably Behrouz & Wink...everybody else...i don't know

you minimal losers call it a popularity contest, it's true...but this also defines how much a booking fee for a DJ is, which for most is their JOB and what puts food on their tables...so it DOES matter...

if those minimal/tech/nintendo music jocks were on the list, you'll be happy....i got 20 bucks on that ;)

Guest Philip

Behrouz

Francois K

Cirillo

Tania Vulcano

Josh Wink

Ricardo Villalobos

Clive Henry

Locodice

you minimal losers call it a popularity contest, it's true...but this also defines how much a booking fee for a DJ is, which for most is their JOB and what puts food on their tables...so it DOES matter...

if those minimal/tech/nintendo music jocks were on the list, you'll be happy....i got 20 bucks on that ;)

i have no problem with the list and im a minimal (loser)

it is a popularity contest and i have absolutely no issue with that. the list does matter. of course i'd be happy to see more of my type of music listed.

Guest ramon

Behrouz

Francois K

Cirillo

Tania Vulcano

Josh Wink

Ricardo Villalobos

Clive Henry

Locodice

you think some of those guys' booking fee got affected by this? please .. half those guys don't even come to the usa to play anyway so who cares .. sure it wouldve been nice to see some more techno jocks in the top100 but the poll has completely loss credibility this year. when you don't have mills or francois or derrick may in the top100 there is something wrong considering those guys are so busy touring. hell the fact fanciulli isn't on this list shows how much of a sham it is. the guy is booked week in and week out has had a couple of very key residencies but you are telling me some dj from lisbon is better? i think if people voted based upon their actual experiences with their top5 dj's we would have a better poll. its a fuckin shame luciano didn't get into the top100 after the year he had but who knows there's always next year.

these guys will keep churning out quality records and selling out clubs on the other side of the pond.

Guest pod

Most booking people use it as a "guide", but not like the Bible of booking or anything. You know how it goes, package deals, whomever the agency is pushing, etc. Cedric's not on there, but he's been getting mad bookings in the past six months, for example.

I can think of plenty of examples of DJs who play here in Miami who are low or not even on this list.

Guest Tru1

Not naming names but I have first hand experience with artists fees getting increased based SOLELY upon receiving a certain ranking.

One price one day...the poll comes out a month later...price went way up.

Guest LeVeL

Some of you guys are taking this list too personal, so what if the Dj’’s that you like didn’t make the list. Really this list is not affecting them that much, they are still touring and making their money, why are you guys still bitching and complaining, it’s a popularity list right ? Yet you guys would love to see your Dj’s at the top of the list, so make up your fucking minds already.

Everyone has their top 5 or top 10 Dj’s that they believe should be in that list but unfortunately its not your list.Its just silly to keep on bitching about it.

Guest coach

Life is a competition. Life is a popularity contest. Get in or get out. You don't want to play the game? Fine. Why rag on those that do?

Guest tbooty

i think the whole toilet paper debate is much more interesting..

tp.gif

When I am king, I shall decree that all rolls of toilet paper be correctly inserted into the toilet paper dispensers. Correctly? You have all been improperly instructed to place your toilet paper with the "tongue" facing outward. This is incorrect. Why? It's ugly. Please view the illustration above. Isn't the arrangement on the right far more aesthetically pleasing than that on the left? But what about ease of use you ask? I don't give a rat's ass about ease of use. I want the world to be a more beautiful place, and I'm going to start with your toilet paper. Thank you.

i think the whole toilet paper debate is much more interesting..

tp.gif

When I am king, I shall decree that all rolls of toilet paper be correctly inserted into the toilet paper dispensers. Correctly? You have all been improperly instructed to place your toilet paper with the "tongue" facing outward. This is incorrect. Why? It's ugly. Please view the illustration above. Isn't the arrangement on the right far more aesthetically pleasing than that on the left? But what about ease of use you ask? I don't give a rat's ass about ease of use. I want the world to be a more beautiful place, and I'm going to start with your toilet paper. Thank you.

I WIPE MY ASS WITH UR ASSERTION!!!

why use toilet paper when we can use God's Natural toilet paper.

BigSheep_01.gif

just grab one of these and ur good to go.

wipe wipe

Guest vegasguy25

you think some of those guys' booking fee got affected by this? please .. half those guys don't even come to the usa to play anyway so who cares .. sure it wouldve been nice to see some more techno jocks in the top100 but the poll has completely loss credibility this year. when you don't have mills or francois or derrick may in the top100 there is something wrong considering those guys are so busy touring. hell the fact fanciulli isn't on this list shows how much of a sham it is. the guy is booked week in and week out has had a couple of very key residencies but you are telling me some dj from lisbon is better? i think if people voted based upon their actual experiences with their top5 dj's we would have a better poll. its a fuckin shame luciano didn't get into the top100 after the year he had but who knows there's always next year.

these guys will keep churning out quality records and selling out clubs on the other side of the pond.

Exactly. Fanciulli's absence from this list is a travesty. And where the hell is Eric Prydz? Anyone who thinks Amadeus or DJ Sammy deserve spots on this list over those guys needs their head examined. Roger Sanchez at #42? That guy is a factory of great music.

Guest JMT

how many times does the same topic need to be discussed over and over? ive been on CJ since 2003, and every year its exactly the same. not one single thing hasnt been said before, just the names change.

Pod should just dig up the first thread about the DJ Mag list and make it a permanent sticky, that way everyone can just read it annually instead of making a new one each year.

Guest pod

Good point. Every year, DJ Box-of-Rocks isn't on the list, and it's a "disgrace".

Most guys out there aren't too concerned about their standing. Again, I know DJs who do quite well for themselves and they don't have a high placement on this list.