DJ MAG TOP 100 DJs poll results

Guest Tru2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adam Singer

wrong again

the trance dj's are clearly the most about whoredom and trying to get votes in a list which is essentially meaningless anyway

Guest Tru2

When I was a promoter in Ohio the big name trance djs always brought a significantly larger crowd than any house dj.

It all depends on the market.

Case in point...George Acosta.

He draws HUGE in many markets in the US

Guest pod

True enough.

Tru2, check your PMs. ;D

Thing is, we were so overwhelmed with trance down here in Miami, it got old hat. Now the crowd can only tolerate it in small doses.

Guest Philip

trance may not have the Miami club market cornered but it has the total market cornered. cd sales, etc.

trance is still king anywhere on the globe

Guest pod

For sure. You might have crowds of 10,000 for techno, house, etc in Whateverburg, Germany, but you'll have crowds of 50,000 or more if you toss Tijs or PvD on the decks.

Guest tres-b

trance may not have the Miami club market cornered but it has the total market cornered. cd sales, etc.

trance is still king anywhere on the globe

I would say Ibiza and certain German markets are dominated by house and techno rather than trance. Same goes for the UK.

Guest pod

Heard him like 2 years ago at crobar. He was actually a fun DJ. Not like "trainspotting", but just a good party DJ. Me, the HQ gang, and Vivek went through a lot of booze that night. Like an asinine amount.

Guest LeVeL

Dj Dan must have some great script kiddies working for him..

Samething...I was asking myself, how the fuck did DJ Dan end up on the top 5 Dj's..lol

By the way Adam...your boy Sasha like expected had a drop off this year, not only in the Top 100 list but also in his following he dropped off.

Once Again its proven that Trance is the most recognizable genre in EDM...you can say Techno is back or House is better than Trance but Trance and its Dj's just bring the most appeal to the masses.

Guest pod

You know how people are though, Adam, they feel a deep inner need to compare themselves to others, and lists kind of satisfy that urge.

Guest Philip

I have a grocery list for tonight's purchases at Publix. Does anyone wanna see that ? It's just as relevelant.

if it doesn't include Newman's Own Black Bean & Corn Salsa and Red Hot Blues tortilla chips your list is also irrelevant.