Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone going to see Tone Loc at Mansion?

V. Barbarino

Guest dgrutman

you have to admit he is a good one. now i just need to get kool mo dee and i will be complete. we have all our old schoolers that i have wanted to see perform at mansion.

Guest WMC

Are these the type of "Hip Hop" bookings that might interest some of the WMC crowd and fit into the mix? (no pun intended)

Just to break it up a little bit?

Are these the type of "Hip Hop" bookings that might interest some of the WMC crowd and fit into the mix? (no pun intended)

Back in NJ, clubs would have known djs and cover bands and performers all on the same night... So yes, you could get these guys dirt dirt dirt cheap and people would like it, just no Puff Daddy.

Guest WMC

last year jazzy jeff was @ shine during WMC but the people that went weren't of the WMC crowd.

was the crowd a local crowd? Typically "jazzy jeff" is a big draw.....was the event promoted properly?

Guest the light

I think Hip Hop artists like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Jurassic 5 and Jedi Mind Tricks, among others, would be good alternatives to the constant EDM during the Conference...

Guest Seb

I think Hip Hop artists like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Jurassic 5 and Jedi Mind Tricks, among others, would be good alternatives to the constant EDM during the Conference...

combined with some downtempo, trip hop, NU sound 8)

Shows like this are awesome! Rob Base' date=' Vanilla Ice, keep 'em coming!

[/quote']

I can understand Rob Base. But Vanilla Ice? I really hope you're kidding. That was the ultimate wack MC. Worst rapper ever.

If they were to book Vanilla Ice, I would go there personally to throw tomatoes at him on stage..

Guest seandrake

you have to admit he is a good one. now i just need to get kool mo dee and i will be complete. we have all our old schoolers that i have wanted to see perform at mansion.

David

Call me if you have any interest in:

Grand Master Melle Mel, Scorpio and furious five (personal contact)

Newcleus (Jam - on it) personal contact

Strafe - Set it off - friends of above

Jazzy Jay- friends of above

Egyptian Lover - personal contact

any others let me know i have great contacts with the old schoolers

a lot are in hibernation dying to resurface

Guest yume

+1 :)

Guest ddg

+1 :)

add little brother and aesop rock...