Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What things cause you to get tired of going to a club?

Guest mr.miami

Guest mr.miami

I stayed away from downtown for 5 months because I just got bored of Space and it was like the music sounded the same every weekend. I also wanted less crowd so I wouldnt get knocked all around the room. Anyway what are some things that you got so tired of that happend at a club that you needed a long vacation away from there and which club was it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

1. Bad sound. A bad sound system will make you very uncomfortable. I don't care how good the DJ is. You'll walk out with a headache or worse.

2. Bad lighting. Not necessarily the lack of, just bad lighting. You don't deploy a bunch of MAC 600s in a place the size of Blue, or light up Space with a bunch of pin-spots on trees.

3. Crowd. It's a hard concept to define for me, but I guess what I'm looking for in a crowd is "my kind of people". If the crowd sucks, I don't go.

4. Music. I'm not too picky, but if the music out and out blows, I'm gone.

This thread should get funny though. I imagine by the end of the first page, it'll devolve into people airing their personal grievances.

Guest spacecadet

1. Bad sound. A bad sound system will make you very uncomfortable. I don't care how good the DJ is. You'll walk out with a headache or worse.

2. Bad lighting. Not necessarily the lack of, just bad lighting. You don't deploy a bunch of MAC 600s in a place the size of Blue, or light up Space with a bunch of pin-spots on trees.

3. Crowd. It's a hard concept to define for me, but I guess what I'm looking for in a crowd is "my kind of people". If the crowd sucks, I don't go.

4. Music. I'm not too picky, but if the music out and out blows, I'm gone.

This thread should get funny though. I imagine by the end of the first page, it'll devolve into people airing their personal grievances.

Lighting sometimes annoys the crap when is to bright

Guest mr.miami

I just can't see how one goes about not getting mugged while walking to Space,thus why i'll never go downtown again..

Never worried about that. When I go down ne 11 walking im more concerned of potential drive bys than anything. If i get somewhere too early i make sure to position myself behind the traffic lights.

I stayed away from downtown for 5 months because I just got bored of Space and it was like the music sounded the same every weekend. I also wanted less crowd so I wouldnt get knocked all around the room. Anyway what are some things that you got so tired of that happend at a club that you needed a long vacation away from there and which club was it.

Well, like you said after going to the same venue and seeing the same people every week, no matter how great the club is you will eventually grow tired of it. That's what happened to me. I was doing afterhours on friday and saturday @ Nocturnal and Space with nikki beach in between the two every weekend. Finally I realized that I was the doing the same dumb shit every weekend, and in the process I was destroying my productivity during the week. So I stopped. Now I only go out every 4-6 weeks. And believe me you enjoy it a lot more.

Guest pod

Barbarino, you know as well as I do if you play it smart, people tend to leave you alone. I've walked from where the Herald Building is to Space at 3 in the morning before, and never been bothered. I'm smart about it. Gear concealed in my bag, walking like I had something for dinner that night. I don't threaten anyone, I just walk like I have a place to go, which I do. Call it street smarts or something.

As for going out in a similar routine? Yeah I do it. It's a business maneuver after all. There's only so many places that get me doing what I do best. But I tend to make the best of things, so I'm not bored. And my productivity is just fine. I usually crash out on Sunday until Monday AM.

Barbarino, you know as well as I do if you play it smart, people tend to leave you alone. I've walked from where the Herald Building is to Space at 3 in the morning before, and never been bothered. I'm smart about it. Gear concealed in my bag, walking like I had something for dinner that night. I don't threaten anyone, I just walk like I have a place to go, which I do. Call it street smarts or something.

With a brand new car and a girlfriend, no thanks, I'll take my chances in Baghdad before I park downtown.

Guest mr.miami

With a brand new car and a girlfriend, no thanks, I'll take my chances in Baghdad before I park downtown.

I used to drive down there but got tired of dealing with the homeless. Also one time I got a flat downtown and had the epiphany that for now on Id just take a damn taxi.

I used to drive down there but got tired of dealing with the homeless. Also one time I got a flat downtown and had the epiphany that for now on Id just take a damn taxi.

Dealing with the homeless is easy. I just look at them like i'm crazy and I talk to them in a foreign language. Which in my case would be French or Creole. They realize that I don't speak English and look at me confused and walk away. LOL.

Guest spacecadet

just need to cough up 25 bucks to park closer

Guest mr.miami

The homeless are more of an annoyance factor to me then anything. And I dont like to be annoyed when im going out to have a good time >:(

Guest pod

Annoyance yeah, but I don't let it affect my night. If some guy asking me for a buck is the worst that happens to me on a night out, I'd like to think I'm doing pretty good. This current life is too short to get worked up about petty shit.

Sometimes I'll even give him a buck. Even if not, I'll bid him farewell and move on to my destination.

Most often though, I'm in a taxi and go door-to-door and avoid the guys by default.

Guest spinderella7713

2 things.

1.i agree with Rick on routine. when u get in the same club routine everyweekend its tired already. its refreshing to change it up.....and now that I'm back to the normal bump and grind of a mon-fri job I REALLY appreciate my weekends (to an extent)

2. shitty treatment. If a doorperson, bartender, promoter ect. treat me badly or rudley I dont step foot back.

Guest mr.miami

2 things.

1.i agree with Rick on routine. when u get in the same club routine everyweekend its tired already. its refreshing to change it up.....and now that I'm back to the normal bump and grind of a mon-fri job I REALLY appreciate my weekends (to an extent)

2. shitty treatment. If a doorperson, bartender, promoter ect. treat me badly or rudley I dont step foot back.

When do women ever get treated shitty at a club by people involved at the venue? Love to hear some examples

Guest Philip

i had something pretty trippy happen to me coming out of Noc last weekend. a lady bum started hassling me for money as i was approaching my car. now normally i dont mind giving a buck or two out on my way back, but immediately i saw a parking ticket on my car and asked her to leave me alone. she was still very persistent, not to mention VERY scary looking. not even like a human, and more like something out of Lord Of The Rings. she then positions herself between me in my drivers seat and the door i wanna shut and is screaming for money. i begin to force the door shut after politely asking her to move. she doesn't budge. my friend is screaming at her to "get the f**k away" and she turns violent. she starts beating my head with a water bottle. not only this, but the water bottle is full of a brown, syrupy substance which is pouring all over me. in previous accounts to my friends i have referred to it as "AIDS juice". long story short i had to do what i had to do to get her out out of the way. a little grossed out from the liquid (which i pray was Coca-Cola) but otherwise a pretty good laugh.

Guest coach

Wow, this devolved quickly into bitching about downtown.

I don't know if I get "tired" of going to a club, per se. But bad music and bad crowd can turn me off quick. Oh yeah, and when the fucker closes down! (When is Crobar reopening??????)

Guest Chica

Listening to the same music

Listening to the same music

Stupid sluts all over the VIP table lol

Spending too much $$$ realizing I could of gone to a little vacation with all the money I spent that weekend =)

Waking up the day after feeling like shit

At one point going to Space and seeing Cedric was like having Deja vu lol but I have to say that now he is doing so much better, for my taste that is.....

Guest pod

I kinda figured on that. Sometimes I think people like clubbing in malls.

;D

But that's for another thread. My logic is, as long as the venue in and of itself is safe and to my liking, I'll overlook minor issues with the surrounding neighborhood.