Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Local Dj Showcase @ Voodoo Lounge Dec 1

Guest Culture

Guest Culture

Great night !!!!!!!!

thanks to all the cjers who came out to support!!!

all the djs were fabulous!!!!!!!!!

stryke is sick! why he never gets to play the mainroom at space is beyond me ;)

be on the lookout for the next local dj showcase at voodoo!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diaga

Good night indeed, solid set by Obby, it was my first time listenin to him. I think I saw half of CJ last night. Thanks for everything Angel

Guest mr.miami

Great night !!!!!!!!

Baa!! You are all such big fans of sTryke ::) That has to be why he span to a practically empty room at Twilo in September. Yeah I am still bitter.

Guest Culture

Great night !!!!!!!!

Baa!! You are all such big fans of sTryke ::) That has to be why he span to a practically empty room at Twilo in September. Yeah I am still bitter.

you dont have to tell me. im the one who booked him at Twilo ;)

Guest dancefloored

perfectly packed in there last night in my opinion. That always makes for a good night as well not to forget the talent which was great from all dj's

Guest spinderella7713

Great night !!!!!!!!

Just because of the turnout of a party has nothing to do with a Dj's talent...that statement makes no sense!! Its a shame that STRYKE doesnt have a HUGE following in Miami he is a wizard. This is my 2nd time hearing him and he was on point once again. Obie was a hell of a suprise, really nice work. AND DIAGA of course you rocked....it was nice to not hear the commercial side of miami, everyone showed their own individual talent. I didnt hear electro once...and not even "this is not miami"!!!! yipeee

Guest Seb

most excellent night ;D everybody brought the goods. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to hear Stryke but from what I hear it was business as usual for the man 8) One thing I have to credit is the great turn out from CJ peeps. You guys really showed your support last night and represented well, who says CJ peeps don't support their local scene? :);):D ;D 8)

Guest ddg

excellent night...great support from the cjers......we had our solid crew rocking voodoo...even though i despise that place with a passion, it still was a great time....bombs galore from our homies...GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

big ups to jimmy for playing monsters without ever hearing it..lol....(and thx to seb for having it)

any night that i hear winks higher state is a good nite..thank you stryke

till next time....

Guest Seb

big ups to jimmy for playing monsters without ever hearing it..lol....(and thx to seb for having it)

LOL I was gonna ask you if he ended up playing it or not. Gotsta to do the monster dance

Guest ddg

oh u know the monster dance was in full effect.... 8)

LOL I was gonna ask you if he ended up playing it or not. Gotsta to do the monster dance

Guest dancefloored

I didnt know Stryke span to an empty room at Twilo. I know why, because he SPUN. He didnt span. www.dictionary.com. Just passing on some free info given to me in first grade. Did I ever love first grade!

Jennifer thanks for being there last night, not! lol j/k I wasnt planning a doubleheader this weekend but when I knew you were going to be at Voodoo, I knew I couldnt leave without entry into SPACE tonight.

The scene/people have drastically changed and that affects who shows up to which party's. Stryke killed it back in the day and still does. The mass amount of clubgoers that fill a large MIAMI club are for the most part foreign to anything but commercial dance music. Special events however bring a better crowd.

Most clubgoers in MIAMI today other than the ones who have been around for 10+ yrs aent used to Stryke and the scene has turned into people liking the same old tracks.We've all heard every dj in Miami play killer sets at one time.

Even some of Miami's mainroom residents that I dont always speak positively about. .(Cedric's opeing for DG a month or few back blew me away).

Cedric dont even listen to the BS about you when you see it on here, just throw down what you have to, and I know that usually has to be what keeps the weak crowd in sfl moving. The whole crowd isnt weak, but you know who you are. If this offends any of you goers its obvious why

Guest dahzel

HOLY SHIT what an amazing night!! we were running late (as usual) and missed seb and obby but everyone killed it!!! diaga and jimmy t, you guys were really impressive and would not hesitate for a second to see you guys again. i've never been to a party w/ soo many cj'ers there... it was a great time. nice to finally meet you rick and major and see everyone else. phil, emmy, and alex.. you were all missed. i wanted to thank you in person for all the music alex. paul you are definitely right... the place was perfectly packed. there was always room to dance... as usual paul....YOU"RE CRAZY!!

it would be great if there could be a locals party on a regular basis... once a month or something. it looked like it was a success so hopefully we can do this again. everyone made cristina really happy w/ their birtday wishes... THANK YOU!!! josue, that was really nice of you to come up for cristina's b-day... she really appreciated it. GREAT PARTY EVERYONE... THANK YOU!!

Guest ramon

had a great night. i got there a bit late, but i got to hear diaga play with a few a cappella's .. 'let the music play!' .. jimmy play really well and keep the floor moving. last but not least stryke came on and did his thing. he played just about everything i wanted to hear. my opinon doesn't matter but when the dancefloor agree's that's a good thing. :) i really enjoyed hearing frankfurt out as well. i also have a video of lauderdale going off to mpx309. :)

it was definitely worth the drive. sound at voodoo is getting better or is it me? it only hiccuped on a few records and it wasnt even that noticable. packed full of the drunk broward crowd and a whole lotta people from this little messageboard.

thanks culture and all the dj's involved for putting on a great event.

Guest Major

Absolutely wicked night!

Great people, great music, great atmosphere!

Nice to meet BigRaveDave, it was a little brief, but I was all over the shop as usual.

Thanks to Seb & Kat for the lift up, and Tal for sharing the back-seat. :-*

Thanks to Diaga & Jen for the lift back to the beach. 8)

Massive shout out to everyone I saw and chatted with..

Alki, you're a bloody NUTTER!

See you all again soon!

Major

Guest spinderella7713

HOLY SHIT what an amazing night!! we were running late (as usual) and missed seb and obby but everyone killed it!!! diaga and jimmy t, you guys were really impressive and would not hesitate for a second to see you guys again. i've never been to a party w/ soo many cj'ers there... it was a great time. nice to finally meet you rick and major and see everyone else. phil, emmy, and alex.. you were all missed. i wanted to thank you in person for all the music alex. paul you are definitely right... the place was perfectly packed. there was always room to dance... as usual paul....YOU"RE CRAZY!!

it would be great if there could be a locals party on a regular basis... once a month or something. it looked like it was a success so hopefully we can do this again. everyone made cristina really happy w/ their birtday wishes... THANK YOU!!! josue, that was really nice of you to come up for cristina's b-day... she really appreciated it. GREAT PARTY EVERYONE... THANK YOU!!

Im pretty sure they verified last night that this will be a once a month occurence. ;D

Guest dancefloored

Fridays used to be alot busier. Dont they look at the attendance when deciding if that kind of affair will be monthly?

Maybe Fridays nowadays are dead at Voodoo?

I know SPACE will be jumpin tonight!

Guest spinderella7713

Fridays used to be alot busier. Dont they look at the attendance when deciding if that kind of affair will be monthly?

Maybe Fridays nowadays are dead at Voodoo?

I know SPACE will be jumpin tonight!

Ive never been to Voodoo on a Friday but I was under the impression they dont do so well on Fridays. Last night was a great turn out.....

Guest dahzel

it was definitely worth the drive. sound at voodoo is getting better or is it me? it only hiccuped on a few records and it wasnt even that noticable.

i noticed that too. i thought that it was actually a little too loud, not by much but a bit loud. i put some tissue in my ears and it made a huge difference. when i walked out of the place one of my ears were ringing and that hasn't happened in a while. i need to invest in a good pair of plugs!

awesome night

there were like 15 cjers there or something? i didnt actually count but lots of peeps came thru that i havent seen in a while like all in one spot.

thx for all the dj's - great choons everyone :)

stryke it was good to see you spin it's been a while since i last saw you, i think the last time was at noc patio on a fri/sat morning long time ago, sick track selection.

great to see all you bitches!

Guest soozin

+1 on everyone's reviews... had a blast, always a pleasure to hear you guys spin.. on a personal note--got to watch diaga do his thing behind the decks for a while and dude you have skillsssssss man and thats all i have to say about that! awsome music all night adn wonderful to see all of u, as always :) esp here in the 954 for once.. my drive home was so short!! :D

til next time..

Music was pretty bad, only good thing was all the djs basically played the same crap, so you get an A+ for consistency.

I didn't hear Diaga, I'm sure he played more NYC house than the rest of the group, but over all while the night was a mild success and the crowd was partially into it, the music was way too hard for that room and it showed.

Not an easy room to play too since the room has a wacky design to it, however the system is definitely much better but the room wants more female friendly tunes, something the Miami djs simply can't figure out. I'd like you guys to add Rudnick to the bill next time and let him go on at 2am ish, he use to play Sutra all the time and can show you what needs to be played in Lauderdale. While not rocket science, you guys can't seem to grasp this concept.

Guest dahzel

Music was pretty bad, only good thing was all the djs basically played the same crap, so you get an A+ for consistency.

I didn't hear Diaga, I'm sure he played more NYC house than the rest of the group, but over all while the night was a mild success and the crowd was partially into it, the music was way too hard for that room and it showed.

Not an easy room to play too since the room has a wacky design to it, however the system is definitely much better but the room wants more female friendly tunes, something the Miami djs simply can't figure out. I'd like you guys to add Rudnick to the bill next time and let him go on at 2am ish, he use to play Sutra all the time and can show you what needs to be played in Lauderdale. While not rocket science, you guys can't seem to grasp this concept.

par for the course for you man... raining on everyone else's parade. sucks for you that you didn't enjoy it but as you can see everyone else did. a few ppl,non cj'ers, i know were there and they also enjoyed it so it's not just us who are being supportive. word of advice mr. nosaleen... stop going out to edm events and stick to your 93.1 genre'd events.... you'd probably be a lot happier but then again :-\....

actually i'm thinking you probably weren't even there