Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Forum Section Voting.

Guest pod

Which one of these would you like to see established?  

1. 1. Which one of these would you like to see established?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lulamishka

I'd add 2 new forums, really (food & sports)...

but since we're only getting 1, majority vote rules... and like Jackie said, the results speak for themselves.

Guest LeVeL

SPORTS has to be added...it dominates the topics in the Junkie Chat Forum. Food topics only come around once in a while...Sports Forums is the way to go...cooljunkie is 95% Male.

Then why haven't enough of you Sports Junkies voted for Sports?

Dont know...

Thats what shocks me..

I love Food and I love when you gals contribute with reviews of restaurants and special events involving wines,food,whiskey events ect.

But the reality is that Sports is talked about in Junkie Chat and and Miami Forums more often than any Food Threads. Week in and Week out there is a thread involving a Game, a Player or a Play.

I just think that in a Sports Forum there would be more contribution from people who post thread and contrbute to the threads. A Food Forum would a disaster because you will have your thread but not enough contributions it would be like the San Jose Forum or NY Forum or LA Forum where no one posts and contributes.

SPORTS has to be added...it dominates the topics in the Junkie Chat Forum. Food topics only come around once in a while...Sports Forums is the way to go...cooljunkie is 95% Male.

Then why haven't enough of you Sports Junkies voted for Sports?

Dont know...

Thats what shocks me..

I love Food and I love when you gals contribute with reviews of restaurants and special events involving wines' date='food,whiskey events ect.

But the reality is that Sports is talked about in Junkie Chat and and Miami Forums more often than any Food Threads. Week in and Week out there is a thread involving a Game, a Player or a Play.

I just think that in a Sports Forum there would be more contribution from people who post thread and contrbute to the threads. A Food Forum would a disaster because you will have your thread but not enough contributions it would be like the San Jose Forum or NY Forum or LA Forum where no one posts and contributes.

[/quote']

See i dont really think so. I think that CJ is pretty unique in that aspect regarding food. Not too many other boards would have a FOOD board, but here we have quite a few people that would definitely contribute.

And its beneficial for the new cooks. To be able to ask how to make something, what goes with what, etc.

Sports, well sure there are those of you that are really into them kinda like i'm into cars but food and cooking is something that more people can relate to on pretty much any level.

What was your favorite dish that your mom/abuela made you?

Whats your favorite comfort food?

Whats your signature dish?

Thats just to start off.

Guest LeVeL

Ohh well the final decision will come down to the guys @ CJ and I will defintely contribute if there is a Food Forum but once you run out of questions like these..

Then there could only be other questions you can ask and you will have to rely in reviews of restaurants from then on.

With Sports there is a different factor to it..there is so much to contribute...so many different sports that run all year round..it changes every year.

Guest LeVeL

Ok then, Mr. Negative.

Not being negative just being realistic but I would contribute to the Food Forum if it comes down to it.

I won have a problem if they actually add both a Sports and Food Forum.. ;D

Guest Electric Eel

Ohh well the final decision will come down to the guys @ CJ and I will defintely contribute if there is a Food Forum but once you run out of questions like these..

Then there could only be other questions you can ask and you will have to rely in reviews of restaurants from then on.

With Sports there is a different factor to it..there is so much to contribute...so many different sports that run all year round..it changes every year.

You do realize there is only about 3 or 4 of you that post regularly in the sports threads. Sure there are alot of threads about sports but its the same people talking about different teams. How is this fun for anyone else? Obviously more people can contribute to food and thats why that forum was voted on most.

Guest LeVeL

You do realize there is only about 3 or 4 of you that post regularly in the sports threads. Sure there are alot of threads about sports but its the same people talking about different teams. How is this fun for anyone else? Obviously more people can contribute to food and thats why that forum was voted on most.

Its the same as the 2 or 3 people who contribute to the Food threads on the board.

You can't let votes be the judge of a decision now in days, you have Dj's who are voted #1 in the world and you have presidents and politicians who are voted into office due to this..lol

Yeah cause thats the 95% of cooljunkie members (males), didn't you know? ::)

Oh yeah and what does gender have to do with anything?

Its the same as the 2 or 3 people who contribute to the Food threads on the board.

You can't let votes be the judge of a decision now in days' date=' you have Dj's who are voted #1 in the world and you have presidents and politicians who are voted into office due to this..lol

[/quote']

Well obviously its not just 2 or 3 if there are more than 20 that voted for it. As opposed to....how many? Oh yeah, 8.

Guest coach

The sports threads go on and on because the same 8 of you go on and on about it. Most of us who would contribute to a restaurant discussion gave up a long time ago because it was easier to just take it to IM, but would come back. In any case, I think it should be called Restaurant forum or some such.

The sports threads go on and on because the same 8 of you go on and on about it. Most of us who would contribute to a restaurant discussion gave up a long time ago because it was easier to just take it to IM, but would come back. In any case, I think it should be called Restaurant forum or some such.

How about Foodjunkies? That and the subheading including restaurant reviews and discussion.

Lets get this started!

Guest coach

How about Foodjunkies? That and the subheading including restaurant reviews and discussion.

Oh, that's a good call.

Guest mr.miami

Is food really that interesting a topic? ::) I guess we can start trading recipes online for all the chef junkies that hang around here.

Guest Electric Eel

Is food really that interesting a topic? ::) I guess we can start trading recipes online for all the chef junkies that hang around here.

If you don't think its interesting then don't participate in it ;D

Guest mr.miami

Why arent there that many threads about food in junkie chat? Doesnt food qualify as a junkie chat thing yet you look and dont see food discussions. Now that there is a food forum everyone would start posting? I'm skeptical about that happenning, but wont be extra work for me.

Idiots..

1st off CJ is ran based upon ad dollars, a local miami hotel and restaurant board can increase ad revenue on the local level, sorry we can't accommodate the few cjers who live in NYC.

If you want to talk about food, then by all means visit:

http://food.yahoo.com/

They just launched the site and google will follow soon.

Espn is great for sports

Lets not give a board to the 3 or so people who have a specific interest. A food or sports board will attract zero ad dollars but a miami hotel and restaurant board will..

Why arent there that many threads about food in junkie chat? Doesnt food qualify as a junkie chat thing yet you look and dont see food discussions.

So you're trying to say that the number of existing prior threads that are specifically food related is a bigger determining factor than the amount of people that actually voted?

So the fact is that sports people post 98734957 posts but only 4 or so really contribute whereas one of the longest running threads (needs to be dug up again) on CJ is about *GASP!* an infamous rum cake.

Guest mr.miami

Im trying to say it looks like 100s of people have viewed this thread, but hardly anyone has voted. That should tell you something right there.

Idiots..

1st off CJ is ran based upon ad dollars, a local miami hotel and restaurant board can increase ad revenue on the local level, sorry we can't accommodate the few cjers who live in NYC.

If you want to talk about food, then by all means visit:

http://food.yahoo.com/

They just launched the site and google will follow soon.

Espn is great for sports

Lets not give a board to the 3 or so people who have a specific interest. A food or sports board will attract zero ad dollars but a miami hotel and restaurant board will..

Obviously there is enough interest in the chosen subjects to warrant this poll in the first place.

The ads you speak of wouldn't be posted in the forum anyway. I mentioned earlier in the thread that a Restaurant & Hotels section on the main board is an excellent idea.

But WTF would we have to talk about in a "Restaurants and Hotels" forum? Foodjunkies encompassing restaurant reviews and such just makes more sense. Most of us are locals so really have no need of hotels generally.

Guest lulamishka

Im trying to say it looks like 100s of people have viewed this thread, but hardly anyone has voted. That should tell you something right there.

And what exactly does that tell me?

You do realize, that that doesn't mean 500someodd people viewed the thread. I could hit refresh right now 10 times and the views will go up 10 more. And I'm just 1 person. So what does the amount of views really say?

Guest coach

Every time you view it, it counts it again. That's number of views, not number of people.