Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumor or Truth??

Guest Dour

Guest ramon

A fuckin MEN

;D

Privilege gets honorary nods as well

Like any "music-oriented" venue in town, it gets run into the ground and either shuts down or converts to open format/hip hop.

Privilege and Nerve were probably a few venues that were truly about the music. The DJ Bookings at both these places was insane and all people did was complain and bitch and because of that we have neither now.

is that really why we don't have either now...

they had carola , barbara , vilgorito , liebing , stryke (playing one of the best sets i've heard him play to this day), dennis rodgers, bill patrick and a few other people and the numbers didn't add up. it was everything we wanted. all people wanted was richie and they weren't gonna get richie if we didn't support what we had first. you can read a few rants of mine on cp if you are intrigued.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Well every city is different, that's what makes travel fun. You see it during conference, you get some wad from up North who think he needs a red carpet because he's Sasha's agent's sister's former roommate.

Guest Philip

A fuckin MEN

;D

Like any "music-oriented" venue in town, it gets run into the ground and either shuts down or converts to open format/hip hop.

Privilege and Nerve were probably a few venues that were truly about the music. The DJ Bookings at both these places was insane and all people did was complain and bitch and because of that we have neither now.

they had carola , barbara , vilgorito , liebing , stryke (playing one of the best sets i've heard him play to this day), dennis rodgers, bill patrick and a few other people and the numbers didn't add up. it was everything we wanted. all people wanted was richie and they weren't gonna get richie if we didn't support what we had first. you can read a few rants of mine on cp if you are intrigued.

i see where you're coming from now, but thats pretty much the kind of support i expect from Miami these days.

Privilege was before my time. i had no idea there were the fledgling beginings of a techno scene there not so long ago. interesting.

Guest pod

Wow, back when it wasn't ruled by a sweaty, drug-addled Greek.

But Ramon has a point. Baby steps. You can't toss open a venue, and book an expensive, unknown DJ and hope to make a buck on the evening, or even cover your operating costs.

That, and as always, be inclusive, not exclusive.

Guest Philip

Wow, back when it wasn't ruled by a sweaty, drug-addled Greek.

But Ramon has a point. Baby steps. You can't toss open a venue, and book an expensive, unknown DJ and hope to make a buck on the evening, or even cover your operating costs.

That, and as always, be inclusive, not exclusive.

100% agreed

Guest ramon

A fuckin MEN

;D

i see where you're coming from now, but thats pretty much the kind of support i expect from Miami these days.

Privilege was before my time. i had no idea there were the fledgling beginings of a techno scene there not so long ago. interesting.

we had a scene here in south florida before i even know what techno was. people like garnier , mills , hawtin were regulars here.

Guest Philip

A fuckin MEN

;D

we had a scene here in south florida before i even know what techno was. people like garnier , mills , hawtin were regulars here.

reminds me of the former epicenter that is now wasteland, ladies and gents give it up for Gainesville

Lets use some common sense when addressing these issues, forget intel or hearsay, just plain common sense.

1. Nocturnal found an investor to help then fill up their purse. Local Celebrity might make it past WMC. Best party on a Friday in my opinion.How does an investor help Noc? Now if Noc was say, youtube a few months back and needed some capital to stay afloat until they could be sold off, then sure an investor would make sense, but the club isn't making any money, so how does more money help? Lets say you own a shop that sells Beta Max tapes only, would more money solve your problem? The reality is, an investor would have to pay off the mtg since they are in foreclosure, once paid off, then what? Hope someone will offer them more money for the club? A person with any common sense would recognize they would wind up back in foreclosure, so no one will buy that club and oh yea, they face 10 Museum Park.

2. Cedric is going to get fired from Space after the beginning of the year. Good job Puig. That stuck up French idiot needed to be fired. He's been playing the same 15 songs for 3 months and his attitude stinks. Why would LP fire a dj at the begining of the year? That's like saying Coker is fired the 2nd game of the 2007 season! Cedric is not playing Space as often due to his schedule, it's purely a money issue, he can earn more out of Space than in Space. Yes there are some politics behind this, Chotica is pissed Ced left them for Bullit and they partial blame LP so I hear, but this is business, whats good for Cedric is good for Space vice versa. The only way Cedric stops spinning at Space is if he quits. LP won't fuck with his Deep Dish bookings over Cedric.

3. Mansion has plans to revamp their Sunday night, Made in Miami style. Thank god. Sundays haven't been the same since.

Made in Miami failed just like I said it would, why would it work again with EDM music? The reality is Crobar will open and if Mansion does a sunday EDM party, LP will counter it, if he thinks it's a worth while effort, but EDM is in the tank, so this makes no sense and if they try it with EDM, it will fail once again, just will take the usual 8 months or so. Grutman had zero to do with MIM for a reason, he knew it was a loosing effort and he didn't want his name on a loser. Biz got duped by OG and LP wound up winning as usual. Sundays at Mansion should be an open format party if it wanted to survive, and you'll need every tourist in town to come on out.

4. Crobar is having BIG problems with the city of Miami Beach and may not be opening any time soon. I guess all the palms Puig greased in Miami don't get very far on the Beach. I hope it's open for NYE so they can cash in. The only problem with Crobar is the fact they changed their design too many times, the club will open before the Super Bowl, there is always a chance it won't but that is due to their incompetence, since LP's partners are morons, aka getting booted from Crobar NYC and tanking Crobar Sobe. Crobar's biggest problem is how LP will get along with his two moronic partners, and how they can hire Grutman away from TOG. NO Dave= no success for Crobar, and LP knows it. Look for LP to throw a ton of cash at Ace, but Ace won't go for it. Crobar will have a super strong opening, with one great EDM night, the other night will have to be hip hop, then shortly Ace sticks it to LP and Crobar's EDM night fails off since they have to charge 934857 at the door to pay the top 1% of djs. LP should have never had bought that club, I bet if you got him drunk enough, he would admit it. Might be time for me to break out my Titanic Crobar logo, I do wish LP best of luck, but this time I think he's met his match unless he gets Ace to pump all that lame bs people go nuts over into Crobar. Just some advice to LP, if you pump the Space crowd into Crobar on the beach, burn that mother fucker down and collect the insurance money.

Guest Miss_Digital

I like him....I say we keep him.....Saleen hasnt been posting anything good for a while....until then....RAVE ON!!! lmao

+1

I like Dour, he spices things up a bit

Guest xbbdc

Hahah.

Well seriously, if you say there's no vendetta, then make everyone believe so. Make your next rip on like how it sucks that they closed down El Centro.

this is the only thing i care about in this entire thread... el centro may you R I P

Guest Fez

2. Cedric is going to get fired from Space after the beginning of the year. Good job Puig. That stuck up French idiot needed to be fired. He's been playing the same 15 songs for 3 months and his attitude stinks. Why would LP fire a dj at the begining of the year? That's like saying Coker is fired the 2nd game of the 2007 season! Cedric is not playing Space as often due to his schedule, it's purely a money issue, he can earn more out of Space than in Space. Yes there are some politics behind this, Chotica is pissed Ced left them for Bullit and they partial blame LP so I hear, but this is business, whats good for Cedric is good for Space vice versa. The only way Cedric stops spinning at Space is if he quits. LP won't fuck with his Deep Dish bookings over Cedric.

funny thing....in case it does happen...

write down the time & date....

watch Cedric get bigger than OG or any other Miami(Non Trance DJ) after leaving Space...

like Saleen said, if OG had gotten outta there in '03 he'd be bigger....+ that stupid agency he works with...

Cedric = Big Jock in '07 ;) 12/2/06

Guest Fez

Have you ever really tried to learn about how and why more 50% of Middle Easterners feel the way they do about the US?

true...

Or do you spend too much time trying to get down Ralph Falcon's pants to bother?

lol...

Guest JMT

Lets use some common sense when addressing these issues, forget intel or hearsay, just plain common sense.

1. Nocturnal found an investor to help then fill up their purse. Local Celebrity might make it past WMC. Best party on a Friday in my opinion.How does an investor help Noc? Now if Noc was say, youtube a few months back and needed some capital to stay afloat until they could be sold off, then sure an investor would make sense, but the club isn't making any money, so how does more money help? Lets say you own a shop that sells Beta Max tapes only, would more money solve your problem? The reality is, an investor would have to pay off the mtg since they are in foreclosure, once paid off, then what? Hope someone will offer them more money for the club? A person with any common sense would recognize they would wind up back in foreclosure, so no one will buy that club and oh yea, they face 10 Museum Park.

3. Mansion has plans to revamp their Sunday night, Made in Miami style. Thank god. Sundays haven't been the same since.

Made in Miami failed just like I said it would, why would it work again with EDM music? The reality is Crobar will open and if Mansion does a sunday EDM party, LP will counter it, if he thinks it's a worth while effort, but EDM is in the tank, so this makes no sense and if they try it with EDM, it will fail once again, just will take the usual 8 months or so. Grutman had zero to do with MIM for a reason, he knew it was a loosing effort and he didn't want his name on a loser. Biz got duped by OG and LP wound up winning as usual. Sundays at Mansion should be an open format party if it wanted to survive, and you'll need every tourist in town to come on out.

4. Crobar is having BIG problems with the city of Miami Beach and may not be opening any time soon. I guess all the palms Puig greased in Miami don't get very far on the Beach. I hope it's open for NYE so they can cash in. The only problem with Crobar is the fact they changed their design too many times, the club will open before the Super Bowl, there is always a chance it won't but that is due to their incompetence, since LP's partners are morons, aka getting booted from Crobar NYC and tanking Crobar Sobe. Crobar's biggest problem is how LP will get along with his two moronic partners, and how they can hire Grutman away from TOG. NO Dave= no success for Crobar, and LP knows it. Look for LP to throw a ton of cash at Ace, but Ace won't go for it. Crobar will have a super strong opening, with one great EDM night, the other night will have to be hip hop, then shortly Ace sticks it to LP and Crobar's EDM night fails off since they have to charge 934857 at the door to pay the top 1% of djs. LP should have never had bought that club, I bet if you got him drunk enough, he would admit it. Might be time for me to break out my Titanic Crobar logo, I do wish LP best of luck, but this time I think he's met his match unless he gets Ace to pump all that lame bs people go nuts over into Crobar. Just some advice to LP, if you pump the Space crowd into Crobar on the beach, burn that mother fucker down and collect the insurance money.

there is only one club legend.

Guest djjoncowan

Sundays havn't been the same since Amika, son

Correction...Sundays havent been the same since NERVE....the beginning of the sunday madness.

the begining of the sunday madness was actually at the church @ groovejet... the original and best sunday party ever although being involved in both nerve is deffinitely a close second.... like it was said before RIP nerve and groovejet - the beach will never be like it was with these places..... :'(

Guest djjoncowan

A fuckin MEN

;D

all regulars back in the day right here in ft lauderdale at the edge... even saw sven vath there in the 90's...... people were so open and just about good music in those days...... south florida was once one of the best music scenes in the country.... oh the memories ;)

funny thing....in case it does happen...

write down the time & date....

watch Cedric get bigger than OG or any other Miami(Non Trance DJ) after leaving Space...

like Saleen said, if OG had gotten outta there in '03 he'd be bigger....+ that stupid agency he works with...

Cedric = Big Jock in '07 ;) 12/2/06

I told OG years ago to ditch PAM but he didn't listen, I truly think he could have been much much bigger, but it's over now, his star has lots it's shine, it appears OG is only djing for the money now and transitioning to retirement. Funny thing is, I told him about a year ago or so, he has about 3 years left of solid bookings, so it seems my predictions are right on track, PAM can't whore out PVD forever and get OG and others bookings.

I've tracked dj bookings for about 2 years since I wanted to get Denny in other "hot" clubs, and I can tell you, every djs schedule is shrinking except for about 1% of djs. Then you look at certain agencies and you'll notice their entire line up is booked at the same few clubs, clearly indicating they are whoring out their top guy on the roster.

Guest itsspeed

YOU CAN HATE ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME SON!!!! ;)

Did you say "son"?

yea.. wtf is that... lol ... no more hip hop for you.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Sundays havn't been the same since Amika, son

Correction...Sundays havent been the same since NERVE....the beginning of the sunday madness.

So true!!!! ;D Who could forget... :'(

When I first moved here it was both Nerve and Maze if I remember correctly...