Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Castro near death: Negroponte

Bling

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Cuban President Fidel Castro is very ill and close to death, U.S. Intelligence chief John Negroponte said in an interview published on Friday.

"Everything we see indicates it will not be much longer ... months, not years," Negroponte told The Washington Post.

The Cuban leader, 80, has not appeared in public since he underwent emergency intestinal surgery and temporarily handed over the presidency to his younger brother, Raul Castro, on July 31.

Castro has been in power since 1959.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures

from the last 24 hours.

View Slideshow

A delegation of 10 U.S. lawmakers who favor easing sanctions against Communist-run Cuba was due to arrive in Havana on Friday for a three-day visit.

The delegation has asked to meet with the acting president who has said he is open to talks with Washington.

I need to learn how to do links

First off the 10 member delgation seems like a spy ring if you ask me, I doubt the cubans are really that dumb, then again if they are half as dumb as the miami cubans, then yet they will fall for it.

Next, what plan do we have? I can't see this being a good thing right now at least, how do we turn the island over to a democracy and get raul on a boat heading somewhere without force? Some of my cuban friends told me Castro has more public support than people think..

Finally Bling I will pay you to get the fuck out of the US when it's time.