Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gotta agree with Saleen on .....

Bling

the fact that CJ has been slowing down a lot.. hell last yr before wmc this board was jumping.. we got cameo reopening and the site is still extremely slow. i remember saleen posted charts and stuff in a thread but cant find it..

have to agree. hopefully the site gets up and goin again soon....

btw the lack of longtime users posting..etc... been extremely slow.

granted its not the ghost town CP is thank GOD... :-\

at least to me seems like CJ has marketed itself less to a large audience then it used to. Hell back in the day I used to see Nick Junkie all over the place doing his thing (granted hes never in town now but still)..... the CJ spinoff at Space and Virgin records was great advertisiing.. etc.. used to even see CJ stuff in New Times.. but lately.... nada.......

CJ is def the best board in Miami when it comes to finding out about whats going on.. the site def needs to be marketed once again to the younger club crowd so it can get back to its glory days so to speak..

<rant over>

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

The Longtime users are still posting and we contribute to this site on a daily basis.

Some of the bigger topics on the board have been started by the long time users. But people grow up and they get on with their lives, some of us just dont have the time to post or contribute to the board since we are busy with our lives.

The Big Problem I see is that a lot of the newbies aren't doing their part. They dont contribute enough. Also alot of the newbies that have joined the forums are people who are affiliated with Clubs and Bars in Miami who just join for their own interest, they just post fliers of the events they promote and just clutter the board with Spam.

This Board is no longer about the Clubbers its about the Promoters.

Guest hiram

i think you can attribute the newbies not posting so much b/c they dont know many or any people on the boards. im on CJ and TA and ive been a TA longer so i kinda know peeps over there more. i dont think ive met any CJers

Guest pod

You want one, plan it.

It's up to you guys to generate the threads and so forth.

Frankly, the issue is that most stuff tends to blend into each other. "Reviews" end up the same way...so and so rocked, etc. Lurkers aren't gonna post if that's all they see.

Guest spinderella7713

You want one, plan it.

It's up to you guys to generate the threads and so forth.

Frankly, the issue is that most stuff tends to blend into each other. "Reviews" end up the same way...so and so rocked, etc. Lurkers aren't gonna post if that's all they see.

Where were the past BBQ's?

Guest pod

Usually at some member's home. There was always an issue though since it was located way the hell out of the way instead of a central location.

My advice to anyone that wants to plan one, is to make it central.

Oh, and if you want to meet board people, it helps to actually go out more than once a month.

Guest lulamishka

I think the last CJ BBQ we had was after Hurricane Katrina at... damn... whats his names house... I don't think he posts here anymore... help me out here, someone!

Guest lulamishka

Fine... i'll help myself. I think his username was Release. Can't remember his name for the life of me right now. :-\

Guest myles hie

The Big Problem I see is that a lot of the newbies aren't doing their part. They dont contribute enough. .

and what exactly is that? I like this board' date=' but i already have a full time job.

Also alot of the newbies that have joined the forums are people who are affiliated with Clubs and Bars in Miami who just join for their own interest, they just post fliers of the events they promote and just clutter the board with Spam. This Board is no longer about the Clubbers its about the Promoters.

Sounds like a chicken -egg thing to me. How are you going to know whats going on, with out some promotions?

Guest 0crystal0

ok newbie point of view.

yes i am definitely not out every night of the week but i am out often. and i do know a few people from here but not as many as i could. i recognize a few of you guys, just don't always get around to saying hi and stuff. so i shall try and be better :) but i don't always feel i have an opinion on every thread so i don't post. and some of you guys have very strong opinions so posting a reply or rebuttle can be intimidating.

but the board is what you make of it and it needs to be the combo of new and old. and everyone does come and go as their lives change. there is definitely a need for a new infusion from the average joe here not just promters.

just my thoughts.

Guest shrek_inc

I agree with all of your points...but is hard cause the average joe dont have the knowledge or the undertanding about the industry as other older members do. Cj should go back to promoting itself as it use to do a lot of people dont even know what CJ is.

Guest coach

The big problem is that all the old burn-outs (equals been clubbing more than 3 years) haze all the newbies and tell them they can't do whatever they are planning. So, they get disgusted by all the cynicism and leave.

Guest DigitalPhoenix

Basically the new members do not discuss their thoughts openly or make an effort to meet other board members.

Many old skoolers in here know what I'm talking about.

The BBQ's were a great way to meet others and expand networking in between those in the industry whom were new.

But it doesnt have to be a BBQ for this to happen.

and intimidation? why?? it's a message board.

Not everyone thinks the same, that's a given, but as long as you have a valid point or thought there shouldnt be a reason

why not to put your message out... ;)

Basically the new members do not discuss their thoughts openly or make an effort to meet other board members.

Many old skoolers in here know what I'm talking about.

The BBQ's were a great way to meet others and expand networking in between those in the industry whom were new.

But it doesnt have to be a BBQ for this to happen.

and intimidation? why?? it's a message board.

Not everyone thinks the same, that's a given, but as long as you have a valid point or thought there shouldnt be a reason

why not to put your message out... ;)

whoah thats what we need DP.. old skool........... whast up V?

Guest pod

The big problem is that all the old burn-outs (equals been clubbing more than 3 years) haze all the newbies and tell them they can't do whatever they are planning. So, they get disgusted by all the cynicism and leave.

Well, that's the way the ball bounces. I'd rather have 5 quality events than 12234737734522435 crapola ones. And I wouldn't think it's hazing, more in the nature of constructive criticism.

Guest myles hie

Well, that's the way the ball bounces. I'd rather have 5 quality events than 12234737734522435 crapola ones. And I wouldn't think it's hazing, more in the nature of constructive criticism.

What iyo constitutes a "crap" event?

Guest coach

It's the same thing, really. Constructive criticism is just a nice way of saying butting in where you are neither wanted nor needed. The thing you seem to be forgetting is that nearly every one of the big-name promoters in Miami started out as snot-nosed kids sticking flyers up for the little "crapola" parties played at by no-name DJs. If we discourage the next round of that, then who will replace the old ones as they move onto different things?

Guest DigitalPhoenix
whoah thats what we need DP.. old skool........... whast up V?

Coming outta da ashes to stir shit up, u know me...

been on hibernation mode but things are taking a turn

Wuzza peeps! ;D