Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gotta agree with Saleen on .....

Bling

Guest ramon

Fine... i'll help myself. I think his username was Release. Can't remember his name for the life of me right now. :-\

release aka future collective aka miguel colmenares. :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like an ass.... but if you want a review... then write a review. If you go out to a club and loved/hated it... write about it.

i personally could careless about reviews, but there are lots on here that love them.. If you are one that loves reading the reviews... then write one... post pictures... trainspot the tracklist... and let others follow.... but dont expect everybody else to do it. If you are too lazy to write a review.. then perhaps everybody else is also too lazy to write one.

I do. For my latest, go here http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=36000;start=40 about 4/5ths the way down the page.

However, your comment is nonsensical. "If you want a review, write one yourself. ??? How does that help me, or any of the new folks, know which parties are good and which ones to skip? If everyone is raving about the "GIN" party , then I know I should check it out. If everyone is bitching about the "WXY" party, then I know to skip that one. The same applies to promoters and venues.

Just because a few people like yourself do not like reviews is no reason not to have them. My point was not that *everybody* likes reviews. My point was that many people do. Also, that they are a great resource for new members.

exactly.. thats the reason nobody posts reviews... everybody thinks like you... what is the benefit of someone going to a party and jumping on CJ to write a story about it?

Here is my review of Club XYZ Saturday Night:

Got there at like midnight.. Place was packed!...... the door was not organized but we finally got in.. Once in, we bought a few bottles of greygoose... after that, dont ask because i cant remember shit. I would post pics but lost my digital camera that night.. I think i left it in a cab... I wrote down the tracks of every song played, but i also lost my cell phone that i typed them into ... but for some reason, I always return to Club XYZ because I love the music they play.

Guest michael^heaven

The Longtime users are still posting and we contribute to this site on a daily basis.

Some of the bigger topics on the board have been started by the long time users. But people grow up and they get on with their lives' date=' some of us just dont have the time to post or contribute to the board since we are busy with our lives.

[/quote']

This is me exactly! Mass busy! This is probably my 1st post all week. :-\

Guest Mayor

You guys bring bbq's and we will grill outside of Pangaea on the patio

got the perfect spot

already brought it up

we want to do it on a thurday

we got Shawn Rudnick spinning in Pangaea and we can have the DJ spinoff in Gryphon

let me know the dates

Guest coach

Not to sound like an ass.... but if you want a review... then write a review. If you go out to a club and loved/hated it... write about it.

i personally could careless about reviews, but there are lots on here that love them.. If you are one that loves reading the reviews... then write one... post pictures... trainspot the tracklist... and let others follow.... but dont expect everybody else to do it. If you are too lazy to write a review.. then perhaps everybody else is also too lazy to write one.

I do. For my latest, go here http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=36000;start=40 about 4/5ths the way down the page.

However, your comment is nonsensical. "If you want a review, write one yourself. ??? How does that help me, or any of the new folks, know which parties are good and which ones to skip? If everyone is raving about the "GIN" party , then I know I should check it out. If everyone is bitching about the "WXY" party, then I know to skip that one. The same applies to promoters and venues.

Just because a few people like yourself do not like reviews is no reason not to have them. My point was not that *everybody* likes reviews. My point was that many people do. Also, that they are a great resource for new members.

exactly.. thats the reason nobody posts reviews... everybody thinks like you... what is the benefit of someone going to a party and jumping on CJ to write a story about it?

What in the WORLD are you talking about? As I said previously, as a newbie a few years ago, the personal reviews were *very* helpful.

Colione, Bling and a few others have done some great reviews and are honest all the time. Sometime brutally honest - but thats what these clubs need man.

If something sucks - tell them it sucks

maybe they notice - maybe they wont

They have made me bring things up to people that alot of the time might have been overlooked so as a Dir of Events I appreciate the reviews the most and think there needs to be more of.

But i agree that its not worth a review of garbage event and not to waste their time

;D

thanks for the kind words.. now im all feklempt ;)

keep bringin da house djs i like ill keep on going :)

oh and stacy keibler ;)

Guest pod

I think what ICON is getting at is the personal reviews get a little repetitive. They come down to a "shoutout to all my homies" basically.

If I can cite him again, Colione's reviews pretty much sum up the best club review postings. He'll tell you what's up without getting political or personal.

i want one of those cart things so bad.. id love to take that thing onto biscayne blvd and ride with all the crack heads that ride their bikes in the middle of the road.

Guest DigitalPhoenix
Holy Cow!!! He's alive! :)

..and kickin' V!

The sins of the nightlife keep calling me back and somewhere in the background I keep hearing Josh Wink & Lil Louie goin':

"so how's your evening so far? so how's your evening so far? so how's your evening so far?"

:D

Guest Marina22

Okidoky (sp?) :P I joined this motley crew in '03ish, looking for the Radio 1 Party info. I like most of the peeps I've met so far and I did enjoy and use the reviews like James. I attempt to write some here and there for sheer happiness and/or anger of a night's outcome, "when keepin' it real goes wrong". :D

Now, I get home want to chill check shit out and I find this 5 page thread half about a potential bbq and half about cj's state of affairs.. ::) It's aggravating and I can see pod's cynicism cause I would be too in his shoes.. I never was part of the "glory days" so I don't have that nostalgia but sometimes I feel like Renzo.. "You guys are boring the fuck out of me" (or something like that) Where's Renzo? He made me laugh, out loud. ;D Ok, so I'm kinda nostalgic, I'm sort of a sucker that way. :-\ Pod's right, we dictate how fun/active this forum is after all. Mayor, you da man and I respect the fact that you take action. I will still use this forum as a frame of reference for my plans, will still "review" if you will, and will still go out and introduce myself if I recognize you. As for the fact that we are brutal.. I think that it can be a good thing and a bad thing but ultimately it's part of the Miami charm. ;)

Guest pod

Now, I get home want to chill check shit out and I find this 5 page thread half about a potential bbq and half about cj's state of affairs.. ::) It's aggravating and I can see pod's cynicism cause I would be too in his shoes..

Yeah, after you've seen the same things time and time again, you kind of get to be a bastard like me. ;D

Believe me, I've been holding back lately.

Guest coach

Now, I get home want to chill check shit out and I find this 5 page thread half about a potential bbq and half about cj's state of affairs.. ::) It's aggravating and I can see pod's cynicism cause I would be too in his shoes..

Yeah, after you've seen the same things time and time again, you kind of get to be a bastard like me. ;D

Believe me, I've been holding back lately.

Sabbatical time, my man. It's what we call "burnout". I mean *you* have seen the same stuff over and over, but the newbies haven't. To them it is all fresh.

Guest pod

I want a Telestrator.

;D

Burnout? Nah. I have fun every time I go out. I'm just selective of where I go.

What I mean by repetitiveness is here on the forums. Same "complaints", just fill in the blanks in terms of clubs and music.

Guest coach

I want a Telestrator.

;D

Burnout? Nah. I have fun every time I go out. I'm just selective of where I go.

What I mean by repetitiveness is here on the forums. Same "complaints", just fill in the blanks in terms of clubs and music.

Oh yeah, that's what I was referring to. Not club burnout, forum burnout. I mean, you're on here like 10x as much as anyone, except Bling. It wears on ya. But, again, your experience is different than most because this is your job.