Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gotta agree with Saleen on .....

Bling

Guest myles hie

I gotta step in here, guys. We can't do it at a club and keep the CJ name on it. End of story.

The BBQ or the DJ thing?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

The BBQ can't happen at a club and have the site name on it. Doesn't work that way. You can have it there, but I can't let the brand be used in conjunction with it.

Guest myles hie

The BBQ can't happen at a club and have the site name on it. Doesn't work that way. You can have it there, but I can't let the brand be used in conjunction with it.

Conflicts of interest?

Guest Marina22

im bored.........

Don't say that, if you are bored then you are a boring person.. So if you are, then just don't say it and do something to not be bored..

Guest Mattivi

I swear Bling is like the board version of Maris from Frasier. He's always sick, never seen, and has a variety of other ailments.

lets face the facts bling is a hypochondriac. :P

Guest coach

I know they have had DJ parties up in Quiet Waters. However, there's no need for that. Oleta is a great park. Little bit of trivia on that one. It is the largest park inside an urban city limits in the country. It's like 1073 acreas. LOTS of stuff to do, including a butterfly garden and a little waterpark.

Guest Marina22

Where is Oleta park, in Miami? I'll have to look it up on the sun sentinel or something. Quiet Waters is Broward and probably not a good spot for a cooljunkie, Miami party.

Guest ANARCHYP

Oleta is up near 163rd.

its actually right of 163...take collins to 163 make a left and then the firs left after the bridge...i used ride my bike there..sick trail

Guest spinderella7713

great trails....but they said no djs.....if you guys want to just do a bbq without music im sure everyone will follow....but it would be nice to find a place to put our local talent to work!!!lol

Guest pod

A lot of things.

Anyway, Michelle asked a decent question a few pages back that none of you have answered. Is it super-duper-über-mission critical that DJs be playing at one of these things?

Guest lulamishka

A lot of things.

Anyway, Michelle asked a decent question a few pages back that none of you have answered. Is it super-duper-über-mission critical that DJs be playing at one of these things?

Thanks, Dan!

I swear, you'd think I was invisible around here or somethin'! (minus the 1 or 2 replies I did get)

Honestly, how important is it to have a DJ setup at a hypothetical CJ BBQ? Could you guys be satisfied with a small radio/boom box playing a CD for background noise? This IS a BBQ, afterall.

And yes, I know how the BBQs of past have been w/ the DJ setups & all... but how important is that to you all, really?

Guest ramon

i've looked at the bbq's to showcase some dj's who may not get any or little time behind decks around the area.

i know it can definitely help build a fan base .. just ask chloe ;)

Guest coach

I'm okay with or without DJs. We can always just bring a boombox and have all the DJs bring mix CDs. I'd rather have DJs, of course, but if it is going to be a party-killer, we just skip it.

I was up at Oleta the other day, and they freaking had mid-eastern jam session going on with dumbeks and everything! So, I don't know what their deal is about DJs.

Guest pod

Well, the way I'm seeing it, is that each time one of these have been done, the DJ issue ends up being the biggest hassle for a debatable return. Only a few people have places where it can be done, and it's usually out of the central areas.

Besides, there's 498237424365432534560346 other events where this motley crew meets up, and there's DJs.

That's my take, anyhow.