Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gotta agree with Saleen on .....

Bling

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Actually, I totally disagree about people not wanting reviews. The reviews were one of the main reasons I joined CJ initially. That and the event listings. I didn't give 2 fucks about the drama or the politics, what I wanted to know was where the good parties were. I still do. I miss the reviews. We need way more. They are particularly good for appealing to the newbies.

Guest pod

I try to encourage things, but lately I haven't had a lot to work with. It's hard for me to encourage a "review" from example, when it looks like the review before that, and before that, etc.

It's a piece of cake to encourage industry scuttlebutt like club openings and so forth.

I remember you (colione) used to post what I considered great reviews. You didn't do repetitive shit like call outs and ten pages of tracklistings, but an honest feeling of the night without being too patronizing or overly insulting.

That's something I'd definitely encourage.

Guest Mayor

Colione, Bling and a few others have done some great reviews and are honest all the time. Sometime brutally honest - but thats what these clubs need man.

If something sucks - tell them it sucks

maybe they notice - maybe they wont

They have made me bring things up to people that alot of the time might have been overlooked so as a Dir of Events I appreciate the reviews the most and think there needs to be more of.

But i agree that its not worth a review of garbage event and not to waste their time

;D

Guest colione98

I try to encourage things, but lately I haven't had a lot to work with. It's hard for me to encourage a "review" from example, when it looks like the review before that, and before that, etc.

It's a piece of cake to encourage industry scuttlebutt like club openings and so forth.

I remember you (colione) used to post what I considered great reviews. You didn't do repetitive shit like call outs and ten pages of tracklistings, but an honest feeling of the night without being too patronizing or overly insulting.

That's something I'd definitely encourage.

and I am sure I speak for others as I say that I do appreciate your modifications- "play on words" and your clarification from my posting as well...

Not to sound like an ass.... but if you want a review... then write a review. If you go out to a club and loved/hated it... write about it.

i personally could careless about reviews, but there are lots on here that love them.. If you are one that loves reading the reviews... then write one... post pictures... trainspot the tracklist... and let others follow.... but dont expect everybody else to do it. If you are too lazy to write a review.. then perhaps everybody else is also too lazy to write one.

Guest coach

Not to sound like an ass.... but if you want a review... then write a review. If you go out to a club and loved/hated it... write about it.

i personally could careless about reviews, but there are lots on here that love them.. If you are one that loves reading the reviews... then write one... post pictures... trainspot the tracklist... and let others follow.... but dont expect everybody else to do it. If you are too lazy to write a review.. then perhaps everybody else is also too lazy to write one.

I do. For my latest, go here http://www.cooljunkie.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=36000;start=40 about 4/5ths the way down the page.

However, your comment is nonsensical. "If you want a review, write one yourself. ??? How does that help me, or any of the new folks, know which parties are good and which ones to skip? If everyone is raving about the "GIN" party , then I know I should check it out. If everyone is bitching about the "WXY" party, then I know to skip that one. The same applies to promoters and venues.

Just because a few people like yourself do not like reviews is no reason not to have them. My point was not that *everybody* likes reviews. My point was that many people do. Also, that they are a great resource for new members.

Guest vaughan

Basically the new members do not discuss their thoughts openly or make an effort to meet other board members.

Many old skoolers in here know what I'm talking about.

The BBQ's were a great way to meet others and expand networking in between those in the industry whom were new.

But it doesnt have to be a BBQ for this to happen.

and intimidation? why?? it's a message board.

Not everyone thinks the same, that's a given, but as long as you have a valid point or thought there shouldnt be a reason

why not to put your message out... ;)

Holy Cow!!! He's alive! :)

I am hearby offering up Gryphon for the DJ spinoff

you guys want - it its yours

and there is a bbq place called Renegades down the way

;D

Yes they found a dead body there last week -

but thats part of the fun of bbq's

And about cooljunkie dying out - I have met some of you guys in the last year through cooljunkie including Bling, Colione, and a handful more.

We are all on here for a reason

Let it be a promoter, manager, bartender, waitress patron or owner - alot of people that I know do read these boards and actually take the information and decide how and what they want to do with it.

When I started reading cooljunkie it took me a while to get the balls enough to post

There are alot of intelligent people on here, but also people that are clueless in what works and what doesnt in different realms of this business

Some people can take information, use it and make their own interpretation and decide what to do with that info

That can go both ways where you can learn from the mistakes and failures and use it to your advantage for the next big thing

This board is useful...

This board has an ability to speak your mind and give your opinion in a way that you can speak to the industry and the people in it and shine or look like a total momo

keep it coming...

Jamison for Prez ;D

Guest spinderella7713

ok spin off at Gryphon what date....who judges.....we already have about 76087609870987 djs on the board ready to send their demos somewhere.

lets do it.

as far as bbq, you were right about the park, no DJs.....any other suggestions?

Guest pod

Like I said, I have no issue with people posting about their events and reviews, that's perfectly alright, what I'm getting at is that in general, a lot of our lurkers and readers don't care for the repetitive nature of a lot of review postings.

Guest lulamishka

as far as bbq, you were right about the park, no DJs.....any other suggestions?

Honestly, how important is it to have a DJ setup at a hypothetical CJ BBQ? Could you guys be satisfied with a small radio/boom box playing a CD for background noise? This IS a BBQ, afterall.

And yes, I know how the BBQs of past have been w/ the DJ setups & all... but how important is that to you all, really?

Guest yume

As another newbie, I have no idea what anyone looks like.

(except Bling, his photo is everywhere)

I've probably walked by or danced next to a few of you.

CJ specific BBQ or DJ Spin Off sounds good to me. :)

Guest lulamishka

Maybe we should bump up that CJ Picture thread again...

Guest pod

i rarely review anymore anyways...... i mostly use reviews now as just a segway to post pics from parties now

How do you use a review as a Segway?

Guest lulamishka

Maybe we should bump up that CJ Picture thread again...

Ta da...

Cool Junkie Picture Thread

Guest Mattivi

i rarely review anymore anyways...... i mostly use reviews now as just a segway to post pics from parties now

maybe he meant 'segue'. i believe the word would still be out of context tho.

Guest Philip

lol

Guest myles hie

Segway%20004.jpg