Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The UK vs American club war has begun!

V. Barbarino

Guest NicoleC

I have seen a lot of crazy things, but the craziest I have seen in relation to this thread is how INSANE people get for Paul van Dyk. I went along with a friend who was (is?) a fan (you know who you are) to see him @ Firestone in Orlando last year. People were jumping, screaming, and chanting for him. I was shocked. I was told that trance-heads get really fanatic for their "idols", but I had never experienced that first-hand before. Supposedly some fanatics get really strange and some of the bigger name trance DJ's even have some tight security measures in their rider because of it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I've seen it. You'll hear this every time in a PvD set. "P-V-D! P-V-D! Paul Van Dyk! Paul Van Dyk!"

Grant it, with more and more guys doing their thing live, I can see more of a rock-star ethos.

There's always one funny moment though in any night at a club, when there's a breakdown, and some guy goes like "Wahooo!!!!" or something really loud. The times I've been around a DJ while he or she's doing their thing, their reaction is like "Woah, I'll have what he's having!"

Guest dancefloored

lmao! are you fucking serious? Was that thread/argument on that other site staged? I hope so because very immature.

absolute fucking children replying and replying to comments from other nations back and forth. Bashing causes more bashing. Goes nowhere. Love your enemies, they hate it :)

Guest coach

They may be dumb as a box o' rocks' date=' but they're "so much more cultured than us".

[/quote']Well, they have had centuries more practice at it. Plus, the "Bible Belt" in America really drags down our cultural ratio. However, there are LOTS of great cultural icons from America. Jazz and Blues are just two that leap to mind on a Monday morning.

Guest AndyPandy7

To be fair Babarino, I think you should get on a plane to Iraq and preach your Uncle Sam w@nkfest to the many friends USA has gained there! Hopefully you'll be met with a swift hole in the head before you even open your arsehole of a mouth.

I personaly blame blinkered retards like yourself for the state America finds itself in regards terrorism.

To be fair Babarino, I think you should get on a plane to Iraq and preach your Uncle Sam w@nkfest to the many friends USA has gained there! Hopefully you'll be met with a swift hole in the head before you even open your arsehole of a mouth.

I personaly blame blinkered retards like yourself for the state America finds itself in regards terrorism.

what? Dude, I can't understand British ebonics. What is "blinkered" mean? Btw, while all of England migrates to the US I find it funny you people make fun of America...

Guest Electric Eel

sooooo....a little birdy told me that DEFECTED -will- be in the house for conference.

Stay tuned... ;)

ahem, you know who to keep updated! :)

Guest musicalmissionary

Btw, while all of England migrates to the US I find it funny you people make fun of America...

I could be wrong... but I don't think they make fun of America but rather stupid ignorant Americans like you and Bush and the rest of the red-state retards.

Guest AndyPandy7

Exactly, far from making fun of America, I'm set to marry an American. America is a great country with some of the best cities in the world, it's the inbread rednecks like you who believe the world revolves around America that give people the wrong impression.

Guest slamminshaun

Btw, while all of England migrates to the US I find it funny you people make fun of America...

I could be wrong... but I don't think they make fun of America but rather stupid ignorant Americans like you and Bush and the rest of the red-state retards.

There's more "red-state retards" than "blue-state pinheads" in this country by a margin of about 50 to 1. Most of the people on this board find that hard to believe since you all live in that tiny, little blue speck at the lower right-hand corner of the map.

2004countymap-final2.gif

Guest JustDade

I'm as big a Defected fan as the next guy buy I think Barbie's point is even more valid now.

From what I could see he was saying that their given reasons for not doing the conference were less than honest. Now that they have decided to do two shows it seems he was right after all.

I mean....what changed? Are there less parties? More Punters? A new traffic plan on Collins? Re-vamped sound in all the clubs? All of a sudden none of that is a problem since someone, (Vaughan & Joe), made it worth their while.

Guest coach

To be fair Babarino' date=' I think you should get on a plane to Iraq and preach your Uncle Sam w@nkfest to the many friends USA has gained there! Hopefully you'll be met with a swift hole in the head before you even open your arsehole of a mouth.

[/quote']

There's more "red-state retards" than "blue-state pinheads" in this country by a margin of about 50 to 1. Most of the people on this board find that hard to believe since you all live in that tiny, little blue speck at the lower right-hand corner of the map.

2004countymap-final2.gif

You'll note all the cool places are blue.

Guest pod

Upper Minnesota does not qualify as cool.

Also, that map proves a point, that a lot of people tend to overlook. Being in Miami, more specifically, Miami Beach, tends to make you forget that there's a whole big world out there beyond the sandbar.

People here are very insular.

Outside of the sandbar, people can have what one, or many on the sandbar could consider backwards points of view. Statements like "retard red-staters" or "pinhead blue staters" do nothing to further either side's cause.

Hmm...I guess I'm a black stater or something.

Guest slamminshaun

Also, that map proves a point, that a lot of people tend to overlook. Being in Miami, more specifically, Miami Beach, tends to make you forget that there's a whole big world out there beyond the sandbar.

People here are very insular.

Outside of the sandbar, people can have what one, or many on the sandbar could consider backwards points of view.

That was my point. Since most of the people on these boards live in what I called that "tiny, little blue speck at the lower right-hand corner of the map", it's easy to throw stones at those who don't, especially when everyone else who lives around you thinks the same as you do.