Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MADE IN MIAMI - SUNDAYS @ CAMEO

djoscarg

Guest Ariel

Even though it was just a little nipply for some folks, the night was great for our first night, and it only gets better. MURK was great, everyone was feeling it. Can't wait till next week! ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Philip

first time in Cameo and liked it. seems like the kinna place that could thrive in an era where DJ centered events are becoming less and less what drives the club economy i.e. stage, small dance floor, and plenty of room for bottles.

as far as Murk - its been awhile since ive heard them but i was kinna surprised to hear them sounding even more commercial than Cedric. the few people on the floor seemed into it and i guess thats what matters really. i just would have put them on playing something alot more modern than diva vocals and rehashed (at best) rave anthems.

i would consider going back just to enjoy the nice venue but i dropped an ice cube in Alan's shirt on the way out so i dont think i can get back in anymore...

Guest bootstah

first time in Cameo and liked it. seems like the kinna place that could thrive in an era where DJ centered events are becoming less and less what drives the club economy i.e. stage, small dance floor, and plenty of room for bottles.

as far as Murk - its been awhile since ive heard them but i was kinna surprised to hear them sounding even more commercial than Cedric. the few people on the floor seemed into it and i guess thats what matters really. i just would have put them on playing something alot more modern than diva vocals and rehashed (at best) rave anthems.

i would consider going back just to enjoy the nice venue but i dropped an ice cube in Alan's shirt on the way out so i dont think i can get back in anymore...

I'm sure he'll get over it. Sounds like the party fell short a bit. Best of luck though

Sooo my buddy Nick (phatman from CP) was down from Arizona so we headed to Bond Street for dinner.. then off to Shore Club and finally on to Cameo!!

Great seeing all of you's that i ran into... the tunes were great... loved hearing OG and RF.. all though Oscar, whats with the mop hair do babe? LOL Come on over and i'll give ya a new hair cut.. ;) Music was good, we danced pretty much the whole time we were there, well until we realized we were drunkie-poo and tired and needed rest..

On to the club... well... I like what they've done with the place.. the video screens and such... the bar up front definately seems bigger and i feel like there's a little more room back there when heading to the restrooms... The staff was great, very friendly.. but i've never really had a problem at crobar anyway. lol

What i'm not digging is the removal of the bar behind the booth!! That was our hangout!! I do like the booth being moved down toward the dancefloor - definately felt a little more interaction with the DJ... but i still miss the old bar / hangout back there!! I hate the vip that they added on the dancefloor too.. that sucks. The one to the left of the booth has always been there but to add another one seems like overkill. The floor at crobar was never huge but now its even smaller... so def not feelin' that...

Well I'm a sucker for crobar.. besides the old skool liquid back in 1998, it was my fav spot on the beach.. soo many good memories there.. so i'm sure i'll be back again to see whats shakin'...

:-* Nice seein' ya josh, dan, OG, Rolly, RF and johnny!!

Guest davidorth

hmmmmm

mmmm......cookies

Sowee, definitely another time though!

i was in desperate need of a sugar cookie last night around 3am ;D

see you soon.

Guest Cosmigonon

Are u serious? ???

Well, taste is in the ear of the beholder, but I thought the music was amazing and not commercial at all, Cedric's way more commercial than ayhting I heard last night.

Bangin, bangin drums and chants, just the way I like it.

Even Ralph threw the most amazing track, very dark and junglish, and all of a sudden a brreak where a female voice cam on over the most beuatiful melodie ever, I just couldn;t believe it, man, when will I hear that again.

i was first at Nikki's, when to Camoe just to check it out, but the music was just so goodl i had to stay, great turn out, not packed but the music was just on point, glad to see everybody and thanks to Ariel for everything... ;)

Guest DJ Box-of-Rocks

Are u serious? ???

Well, taste is in the ear of the beholder, but I thought the music was amazing and not commercial at all, Cedric's way more commercial than ayhting I heard last night.

Even Ralph threw the most amazing track, very dark and junglish, and all of a sudden a brreak where a female voice cam on over the most beuatiful melodie ever, I just couldn;t believe it, man, when will I hear that again.

i was first at Nikki's, when to Camoe just to check it out, but the music was just so goodl i had to stay, great turn out, not packed but the music was just on point, glad to see everybody and thanks to Ariel for everything... ;)

face facts...every dj at crobar/space is commercial

seriously, they ALL are, there is no room for discussion - not speaking negatively or positively, just making a factual statement

so sayith box of rocks !

Guest Cosmigonon

Are u serious? ???

seriously, they ALL are, there is no room for discussion - not speaking negatively or positively, just making a factual statement

so sayith box of rocks !

When i say commercial I mean all the electro stuff that's the norm nowadays. No electro at all last night.

If to you non commercial is breaks or stuff like that, then I'll take commercial house any time of the day... ;)

Guest ClubDiva05

If to you non commercial is breaks or stuff like that, then I'll take commercial house any time of the day... ;)

+1

I do have to say and mind you OG is my fav DJ. I think there would've def been more energy on the dance floor if the music would've been a little harder. They did begin getting there towards the end of the night but by that point it was just a tease cause I knew they'd be closing soon. Josh is right though about Ralph throwing down some sick tracks like Charlie's Realidad and his own track Dong dub (Josh I believe this is the track you were refering to).

Guest Cosmigonon

Josh is right though about Ralph throwing down some sick tracks like Charlie's Realidad and his own track Dong dub (Josh I believe this is the track you were refering to).

thanks!!! Where can I find them?

btw nice seeing you... ;)

Guest Ariel

Are u serious? ???

Thank you for coming out brother. Glad you and your friends had a great time. See you back soon! ;)

Guest Philip

Are u serious? ???

so sayith box of rocks !

When i say commercial I mean all the electro stuff that's the norm nowadays. No electro at all last night.

well i definitely don't mean electro when i say commercial. i didn't think the music was bad - it was my first time hearing Murk ina while and was just surprised at the kind of records that were being played. like really really old anthems and basically the same stuff they play everywhere else. i thought it was put together (dj'ed) well for what its worth. just expected more cutting edge stuff from the guys that are supposed to be the crem de la crem of Miami dj's.