Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UPDATED**-LP arrested at Space for noise violation. UPDATED**

V. Barbarino

Guest meta

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not this noise ordinance is going to affect the after hours WMC parties??

Does anyone know if this new Leut. is just out to get LP of is he out to shut down the nightlife in Miami?

If he starts hassling the night clubs, he will start hurting our tourism industry.

well from the looks of it 4-5 clubs got rocked because of it. I think its just the beggining

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ezgoing74

I say close the patio before it gets ugly. Sound proof the building and put the entrance in the back(close the street to traffic) so that people coming in and coming out don't disturb the recidents.That's the only way that maybe we can have an afterhours club.

Guest slamminshaun

I guess this explains why the patio was closed on Sunday morning. Everyone I know bailed out of there at 6am when they would normally stay until at least 9 or 10am.

Guest slamminshaun

Patio was closed? I was drinking with some of my crew from B-Live out there.

ClubChicky from the boards was there around 5:30-6am and said it was closed, so they left...

???

Guest dancefloored

when I move out of state I check out where I am moving to before I move.

Is it crack den? is it a commercial area? is it a realistic area to my lifestyle ? Is it a noisy area?

ummm geeeee, let me move from Boston to Miami and piss and whine about the noise from space when I didnt do my homework on the area.

shut the fuck up and dance!

Guest ezgoing74

The funny thing is that Space put downtown in the map, no ultra or anybody else but Space and now the city wants to close it down.

Guest Untouchable Chino

The funny thing is that Space put downtown in the map, no ultra or anybody else but Space and now the city wants to close it down.

exactly my point..what or where was downtown before the original space opened..? it was a desolate area with no hope of tourism or any kind of money making. Those high rises are going up because people know what downtown is now thanks to what it started..PAC is part of that "build-up" they going on there..they have even talked about doing a "central park" where bicentennial park is, a mega-yatch club in watson island [parrot jungle], and now that city/downtown is booming they are putting the ones who put it on the map out of bussiness.. goes to show what politics and law is all about..

Guest redcommibastard

Arresting somebody for noise..

WOW.

when did the USA become communist???

Communism and noise related arrests have NOTHING to do with each other... just a friendly heads up so that maybe next time you would not sound like a complete idiot !

If anyone thinks downtown would not be targeted by condo developers if Space wasn't there, then please wrap your mouse cord around your neck and squeeze really really hard..

Space and Condos have zero to do with each other..

LP has no right to wake people up, EVEN IF THEY MOVED IN THERE AFTER THE FACT! The law was in place well before Space moved in, just because they got away with it for so long doesn't change the law.

Fucking ass clowns... At least have intelligence when you post.

Guest redcommibastard

igor we will talk bout this at blue lol

not much to talk about but ummm...............

;D

I'm still recovering from doing afterhours at Studio A last night - got about 4 hours of sleep in the last two days :P

Guest ezgoing74

No way you can soundproof the patio, but you can close it and soundproof a close building, it just cost money to do. LP has 2 choices with the money he is making this WMC,

1 is take that money and invest it in the building and stay open or

2 like barbarino will say take the money and run before the Space is worth nothing but the land.

Guest Untouchable Chino

If anyone thinks downtown would not be targeted by condo developers if Space wasn't there, then please wrap your mouse cord around your neck and squeeze really really hard..

Space and Condos have zero to do with each other..

LP has no right to wake people up, EVEN IF THEY MOVED IN THERE AFTER THE FACT! The law was in place well before Space moved in, just because they got away with it for so long doesn't change the law.

Fucking ass clowns... At least have intelligence when you post.

are you kidding me.. you think downtown would have the PCA and AAA if there wouldnt have placed the 24 hour liquor license to generate more revenue for the city and the tourism.. do you think people would be coming to downtown if its main attraction was camillus house.. why do you think they are moving it..cause they want this part of downt to be another time square "ass clown"... space and every other bussiness owner has as much to do with the condo owners coming to downtown due to the fact they were the first ones to take a risk on doing so.. with all bussiness opportunities comes a risk and who took them first..the developers or the ones who have made downtown what it is today.. think about that..

Guest clubchicky

Patio was closed? I was drinking with some of my crew from B-Live out there.

ClubChicky from the boards was there around 5:30-6am and said it was closed' date=' so they left...

???

[/quote']

yeah...u could go out there and shill but no one was playing the music....they moved the dj's into the "hip-hop" room, so there was no hip-hop....which was pretty sweet but I didn't like it in there...too crowded and it didn't have the same effect...yup...I dipped.....I had a homeless guy walk me to my car hahaha

The AAA was conceived in 1996 and built by 1999, was the 24 hour zone even there at that time? Don't think so. If you think clubs generate taxes for the city, think again, they don't, it's a cash business.

If that area didn't have a 24 hour zone the condos would already be up. Why? because the fundamentals are still there. Cheap land, great location, and redevelopment plan set forth by the city. If Space never existed the condos would still be built.

I understand you live in Miami, but out here in the USA we have educations coupled with common sense.

Guest Untouchable Chino

The AAA was conceived in 1996 and built by 1999, was the 24 hour zone even there at that time? Don't think so. If you think clubs generate taxes for the city, think again, they don't, it's a cash business.

If that area didn't have a 24 hour zone the condos would already be up. Why? because the fundamentals are still there. Cheap land, great location, and redevelopment plan set forth by the city. If Space never existed the condos would still be built.

I understand you live in Miami, but out here in the USA we have educations coupled with common sense.

the "PARKWEST" 24 hour liquor license was being talked about for years before the AAA was built...you are right..condos would be going up if space wasn't there.. it is great cheap land..but on every brochure that goes out for all this stupid condos going up..guess what..what are the main attractions...within walking distance of AAA, PCA, & NIGHTCLUBS..they mention the upcoming watson island project...so guess what..by more people moving to downtown more bussiness are going to start up..guess what..TAXES.. CAMILLUS house being moved to "clean up" the look and area..for what..so people will want to move down to DOWNTOWN and spend $$$$... i guess that has nothing to do with "existing establishments" that have put downtown on the map... so i guess when the ALL STAR game comes to miami and they host EVENTS at the AAA and after parties at downtown venues..that is not considered TAXES or REVENUE for the CITY...hmmm what is it called then..?

Guest DMS12

No but being pulled out of your business and arrested seems kinda communist for a sound issues..

thats what fines are for.. not hand cuffs and jail..

Next thing were going to be told what we can listen too also..

WOW.

Communism and noise related arrests have NOTHING to do with each other... just a friendly heads up so that maybe next time you would not sound like a complete idiot !

Guest coach

No but being pulled out of your business and arrested seems kinda communist for a sound issues..

thats what fines are for.. not hand cuffs and jail..

Next thing were going to be told what we can listen too also..

WOW.

Fascist is the word you are looking for, actually. Communism is a completely different thing, but it is a common mistake.

Guest Gladius

the first official strike in the condo wars?

Bricks Downtown having a big problem on the roof and downstairs outside, code enforcement walks around with those stupid looking devices making sure the music isn't too loud.... man that sucks...

Guest tekniQz

You are correct on many issues but in the end you are biased also..

You dislike all of our misic and you could give a care less about Space. Which to me is not so much the club itself that is great but the representation of freedom in America and the people that share this belief,that come together.

There are so many things that are messed up about our society and noise seems to be a major priority,doesnt the bums stealing my stuff out of my car take priority over some person who cant stand music on the weekend.Guess not..

Also i think that the Heat winning the Championship had some part to do with Tourism too,and the little game called the Super Bowl,but then again they came to Miami for the SuperBowl for the clubs too.

The Heat and Super Bowl have nearly zero effect on Miami's tourism. People need to realize if those events weren't happening the hotels would still be booked at 97% or so. Jon Cowan would be more than happy to back me up on this one. Sure those big events do draw more money into the city, but the amount of people doesn't rise significantly.

As for bums stealing stuff from your car vs noise violations it's not fair to say one should be policed over another. Picture a single mother of 3 whose kids can't sleep because of Space. Doesn't her situation and her kids rise above yours? No, they all go against what Rudy G cracked down on, he called them quality of life crimes.