Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UPDATED**-LP arrested at Space for noise violation. UPDATED**

V. Barbarino

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattivi

there is no use to be in denial people, the writing is on the wall, the prophecy almost fulfilled... although there is propably some remaining time left to patio party, i want to give a big shout out to LP and the Space Crew for giving me some of the most memorable nights(morinings), of my life. ive met so many good friends thru space and i will never ever forget that place, but u know the proverbial saying "all good things must come to an end" and the end is near. so savor it while you can guys, because an epic era is coming to a close. again big ups to the space family and the djs so many great times :o

Guest djjoncowan

Arresting somebody for noise..

WOW.

when did the USA become communist???

are you that dumb to make that comment? there are always limits to noise and if any club anywhere in the USA goes over a certain decimal level the managers and owners are all open to arrest and have been since i've been running clubs in the early 90's

"when did the USA become communist???" - seen a lot of stupidity on this board but this comment may take the cake..

Guest djjoncowan

The Heat and Super Bowl have nearly zero effect on Miami's tourism. People need to realize if those events weren't happening the hotels would still be booked at 97% or so. Jon Cowan would be more than happy to back me up on this one. Sure those big events do draw more money into the city, but the amount of people doesn't rise significantly.

As for bums stealing stuff from your car vs noise violations it's not fair to say one should be policed over another. Picture a single mother of 3 whose kids can't sleep because of Space. Doesn't her situation and her kids rise above yours? No, they all go against what Rudy G cracked down on, he called them quality of life crimes.

as nick stated, I will 100% back him up..... those large events may bring press to this town but the town isn't anymore full than it would be without superbowl, boat show, wmc, food and ect, nba finals ect... to be honest, the only one out of those listed above that may help miami tourism is the NBA finals as they are out of season and closer to the summer. If miami city officials were smarter they'd do events like boat show and food and wine in the off months so hotel owners like myself as well as retail and restaurants can contribute too trying to make miami a year round destination. never could figure out why the city puts boat show in feb when the hotels would be 100% full with or without it.... oh well, miami - this town has never made sense or done things right.... our season is nov - end of march since our weather is great.... no matter what group is in town the tourism market will be strong just on that..... now book some of these events in the summer or even just before or just after season and that would add too the city's income and tourism stats... my 2 cents..

Guest coach

Nah, nah. Come on, we've seen way stupider comments than that. I mean, it's only stupid in that he said communist when he meant fascist, and that he didn't realize it happened some time in the 50s.

Guest tekniQz

The Heat and Super Bowl have nearly zero effect on Miami's tourism. People need to realize if those events weren't happening the hotels would still be booked at 97% or so. Jon Cowan would be more than happy to back me up on this one. Sure those big events do draw more money into the city, but the amount of people doesn't rise significantly.

As for bums stealing stuff from your car vs noise violations it's not fair to say one should be policed over another. Picture a single mother of 3 whose kids can't sleep because of Space. Doesn't her situation and her kids rise above yours? No, they all go against what Rudy G cracked down on, he called them quality of life crimes.

Cool..

I still think that winning a major championship and having the Super Bowl in a major city have a possitive effect on tourism.They draw in people that are watching the event on T.V.Maybe not though,you probably have a better idea than i do.

Guest tekniQz

there is no use to be in denial people, the writing is on the wall, the prophecy almost fulfilled... although there is propably some remaining time left to patio party, i want to give a big shout out to LP and the Space Crew for giving me some of the most memorable nights(morinings), of my life. ive met so many good friends thru space and i will never ever forget that place, but u know the proverbial saying "all good things must come to an end" and the end is near. so savor it while you can guys, because an epic era is coming to a close. again big ups to the space family and the djs so many great times :o

Just wanted to add my thanks for LP too.He has done more for our scene than anyone.For that i thank you for putting your life and your name for this..

Thank you LP and the Space crew..

Guest 4040

How about plexy glassing the whole patio in order to reduce noise and still have a outdoor feel.. This doesn't have to be the end for space. Or you always relocate to some other crappy area like liberty city or hialeah.

Guest pod

Hate to say it, but "full on" nightclubs that people besides tourists want to go to are best located in shitty neighborhoods.

Guest Seb

How about plexy glassing the whole patio in order to reduce noise and still have a outdoor feel.. This doesn't have to be the end for space. Or you always relocate to some other crappy area like liberty city or hialeah.

that's exactly whats going to happen. Its not the end of era, its just the end of that particular block. The party will just get pushed into another ghetto that nobody cares about.

Guest tekniQz

that's exactly whats going to happen. Its not the end of era, its just the end of that particular block. The party will just get pushed into another ghetto that nobody cares about.

We can only hope that this will be the answer.Everyone knows that whatever LP desides people will support..

If the patio is forced to close, Space will dye a slow death until LP can unload that building. But there will be a place and time that it's not making a profit so it's truly a balancing act. However once he's done with Space, the odds of him opening up another Space type club in Miami with a patio is about the same odds that the girl working the drive thru at pollo tropical can speak English..

Guest tijuanarave

If the patio is forced to close, Space will dye a slow death until LP can unload that building. But there will be a place and time that it's not making a profit so it's truly a balancing act. However once he's done with Space, the odds of him opening up another Space type club in Miami with a patio is about the same odds that the girl working the drive thru at pollo tropical can speak English..

LMAO :D :D

Guest Fuerte44

ok i have heard enough speculation as i am sure the rest of you have....this is fuct...the worst news ive heard in a long time...never expected it so soon...

i think its time for an official statement or press release from louis and/or the space camp as to what the immediate future holds at the very least...i am so sick of having to scroll through barbarinos daily bullshit....we need official responses...

the patio means a lot to some people...no one can deny that...those people deserve to be informed and advocated for...

but for now i want to hear what louis has to say....no one else....this is serious

Guest jbit

ok i have heard enough speculation as i am sure the rest of you have....this is fuct...the worst news ive heard in a long time...never expected it so soon...

i think its time for an official statement or press release from louis and/or the space camp as to what the immediate future holds at the very least...i am so sick of having to scroll through barbarinos daily bullshit....we need official responses...

the patio means a lot to some people...no one can deny that...those people deserve to be informed and advocated for...

but for now i want to hear what louis has to say....no one else....this is serious

no offense ... but ... who are you to command a response from anyone. Its a club for crying out loud, not the UN. The word will spread in due time. Besides, Barbarinos post are funny as hell.

Guest pod

I'd think in the grand scheme of things, Space has more political clout than the UN. ;D If I was committing war crimes, and LP asked me to stop, I'd be more liable to do so than if the UN did.

Guest barstar diana

IMO some police people saw kings of south beach and wanted to create a new narrative so they can star in a pseudo exciting storyline to pitch to A&E for another short film

Guest coach

IMO some police people saw kings of south beach and wanted to create a new narrative so they can star in a pseudo exciting storyline to pitch to A&E for another short film

LMAO!!! Probably right.

Guest spinderella7713

LMAO, your kidding right? The patio means alot to some people??? its a god damn club, what reality are you living in. Secondly, how exactly do you contribute to SPACE....I mean it must be one hell of alot to be able to be so demanding.