Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets compare Mansions flyers to Cameos..

V. Barbarino

Guest pod

Harold, you can't expect everyone to be at your level. Happy House is just an easy way to describe upbeat forms of dance music, I guess. Bear in mind Cameo doesn't seem to be about booking DJs.

Guest djjoncowan

Flyers of a waste of paper and money. When someone gives you a flyer they're saying "here, you throw this away."

not only are they a waste of money but they are now illegal to hand out in miami beach..... f'ing city ::)

ive always liked SPACE flyers... They are always consistant... and they dont have to put skanky chicks on there to get their point across

Guest FRESHMAN

Mine are the best flyers ever!

But you do have to understand that sometimes the designers have no choice but to make a crappy flyer. It all depends on the party and the graphics that they have to work with.

Guest coach

Flyers of a waste of paper and money. When someone gives you a flyer they're saying "here, you throw this away."

not only are they a waste of money but they are now illegal to hand out in miami beach..... f'ing city ::)

Did we actually pass that law?

Guest coach

But you do have to understand that sometimes the designers have no choice but to make a crappy flyer. It all depends on the party and the graphics that they have to work with.

Ha ha! That is so fucking true! Not only that, but sometimes the management are micromanagers and won't listen to the graphics professionals.

Guest meta

Ha ha! That is so fucking true! Not only that, but sometimes the management are micromanagers and won't listen to the graphics professionals.

Yup i have delt with that in my day. I would design a bad ass flyer and either the club owners or the promoters would throw all thier ideas or want it a certain way that would mess up the whole design. I think thats one of the reasons that i only design for myself now. Too much of a headache dealing with those people.

Yup i have delt with that in my day. I would design a bad ass flyer and either the club owners or the promoters would throw all thier ideas or want it a certain way that would mess up the whole design. I think thats one of the reasons that i only design for myself now. Too much of a headache dealing with those people.

and these are the same tossers that serve miami "happy house"

Guest pod

You got money, Harold. Open up a club, hire people, and book "your" DJs. Then come to me in a month and I'll refer you to a good bankruptcy lawyer.

You're a good kid, don't let your musical prejudices get in the way of that. It's just entertainment after all.

Guest Miss_Digital

ViceFridays.jpg

what in the hell is "happy house" are these people having a laugh?

anything bob sinclair! of course "world hold on" come on now and sing with me!

Guest pod

That would be an example, yes. But if the DJ was to play "your" music, would the bar receipts hold up? I'm not saying that as a challenge, more of a legitimate question, since I don't go the parties you guys go to that often.

Guest tekniQz

ive always liked SPACE flyers... They are always consistant... and they dont have to put skanky chicks on there to get their point across

Whats wrong with skanky chicks?? ;D

Guest thehammer

and we all know how the flyer makes the party ::) ::) have you even attended any of the events??

another stupid thread. thanks

Not trying to pick on Cameo, but they are lost over there with flyers..

c83ec0dd1.jpg

fridays.jpg

saturdays.jpg

18105a0f5.jpg

ViceFridays.jpg

If I'm Joe tourist where do you think I'm going???

LP is asleep at the wheel over there, his stint in the pokey has left the inmates running the asylum.

Wait, new flyer just suddenly hit my inbox..

e2f330005.jpg