Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A good movie you think few people have seen

Guest Buck White

Guest Dj_Peace

goodfellas -Reservoir dogs -Who is Cletis Tout and Laser blast (obscure sci-fi click that disturbed me to no end when I was younger) honorable mentin - Twelve Angry Men

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

"Confidence" with Edward Burns, Rachael Weis(sp?), Dustin Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Andy Garcia, and other good actors that I don't know their names. Great ensemble cast and the plot is entertaining as well as smart. Just saw this on FX on Sunday again after seeing it in the theaters when it came out. Don't know if few ppl have seen it but it's my favorite con movie.

Guest web_norah

i watch subtitled films quite a lot sooo....

the Edukators (German)

the crime of Father Amaro (Spanish with Gael Garcia)

battle in Heaven (Spanish)

9 songs

Frivolous Lola

craker (it is a BBC series out in DVD, a suspense / crime/ thriller)

Live Forever (documentary about music scene in 90's British culture)

Prozac Nation (Cristina Ricci)

City of God (Portuguese)

Favela Rising (Portuguese)

Guest Buck White

i watch subtitled films quite a lot sooo....

I do too. And that's quite a list. My blockbuster queue is about 70 films strong now. Thanks guys. :D

Guest funky monkey

the Edukators (German)

the crime of Father Amaro (Spanish with Gael Garcia)

Prozac Nation (Cristina Ricci)

City of God (Portuguese)

Favela Rising (Portuguese)

...all really good choices.

I see a lot of movies but it really depends on what your preferences are. Here are a few random, little seen (I think) movies that are worth seeing:

Miller's Crossing

The Believer

Hard Candy

The Man Who Wasn't There

Boondock Saints

Donnie Darko

Dr. Strangelove

Y Tu Mama Tambien

The Virgin Suicides

Paradise Now

Ghost World

Half Nelson

and depending on your political leanings, the "mockumentary" Death of a President was an interesting concept and pretty well done.

Guest Buck White

Just wrapped up Breaking and Entering. Fantastic acting. Jude Law, the chick from Cache', Jack Nicholson's right hand man in The Departed,the chick from Forest Gump...and one of the cats from Human Traffic were all in it. Don't know their names (sorry) but I know their work. Superbly acted flick...damn.

Guest Buck White

Just wrapped up Breaking and Entering. Fantastic acting. Jude Law, the chick from Cache', Jack Nicholson's right hand man in The Departed,the chick from Forest Gump...and one of the cats from Human Traffic were all in it. Don't know their names (sorry) but I know their work. Superbly acted flick...damn.

btw....as if that wasnt enough....Underworld scored the flick.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marina22

Yes, I meant to rent that very soon if not next.. Looks awesome and Underworld too! :o Next rental fo sho.

Guest durrtylexx

Those both look interesting, thanks.

your welcome!

Tzameti.jpg

Watched it last night, the flick is fcuking crazy!

I highly recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475169/

plot summary

Sebastian, a young man, has decided to follow instructions intended for someone else, without knowing where they will take him. Something else he does not know is that Gerard Dorez, a cop on a knife-edge, is tailing him. When he reaches his destination, Sebastian falls into a degenerate, clandestine world of mental chaos behind closed doors in which men gamble on the lives of others men.

Guest Buck White

Those both look interesting, thanks.

your welcome!

Tzameti.jpg

Watched it last night, the flick is fcuking crazy!

I highly recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475169/

plot summary

Sebastian, a young man, has decided to follow instructions intended for someone else, without knowing where they will take him. Something else he does not know is that Gerard Dorez, a cop on a knife-edge, is tailing him. When he reaches his destination, Sebastian falls into a degenerate, clandestine world of mental chaos behind closed doors in which men gamble on the lives of others men.

Yeah. I actually started a thread on this flick....it had about 17

views. Did you watch the bonus features where they interviewed one of the participants ? I don't think it was real...but interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marina22

btw....as if that wasnt enough....Underworld scored the flick.

Great movie, saw it last night. A bit slow at times and with alot of English accent dialogue, which you have to listen to intently to not miss anything. Besides that, I loved all the actors in it and the story itself was very moving.

Guest Davenavarro10

The Stoned Age. If you liked Dazed and Confused, you'd

probably love The Stoned Age. That movie puts Dazed and Confused to shame.

• 1 month later...
Guest lyrik

The Stoned Age. If you liked Dazed and Confused, you'd

probably love The Stoned Age. That movie puts Dazed and Confused to shame.

You deserve a great big foot to your dumb noggin...I actually rented this on blockbuster online because I was basically all out of new films and I forgot how god aweful this dumb flick was and that I seen it before. Puts Dazed and Confused to Shame? I want to set you on fire. Do you have friends and does anybody like you? This is a movie a junior high kid would like because he had no experience with girls or a social life.

Guest Davenavarro10

Lyrik you crack me up. You're calling me dumb, yet you're the one who watches American Idol, and listens to Rock bands like Nicleback. Newsflash Lyrik, you can't judge art. It's up to the individual. So continue watching American Idol, and Dancing With The Stars, and So you Think You Can Dance. And keep on listening to bands like Nickelback, and Limp Bizkit. Because as long as their's crap being put out there, morons like you will line up to buy it.

Guest lyrik

Lyrik you crack me up. You're calling me dumb, yet you're the one who watches American Idol, and listens to Rock bands like Nicleback. Newsflash Lyrik, you can't judge art. It's up to the individual. So continue watching American Idol, and Dancing With The Stars, and So you Think You Can Dance. And keep on listening to bands like Nickelback, and Limp Bizkit. Because as long as their's crap being put out there, morons like you will line up to buy it.

Die Girl.

Guest Buck White

Die Girl.

lmao. All three posts made me wake up my lady...and a house guest.

Guest lyrik

Die Girl.

lmao. All three posts made me wake up my lady...and a house guest.

Right I mean who really listens to nickelback anymore ::)

...but hey don't be hating on dancing with the stars...cliff from cheers can cut a rug...and fuck this little douche he's still upset the 10+ girls (and guys) on here he stalked through pm's didn't give him the time of day...HOOOOOOMOOOOO.

And the answer is YES - I do think I can dance.