Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo is closing dammit!! (Old "Deep Thoughts by DT")

Guest bootstah

Guest RzO

and OG is one of the greatest dj's there is, just chooses to stay local cause he actually loves his scene here.

but yah that could very well be another whole and great thread :)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Well, with "the" top resident in the country moving beyond it, it is definitely a good sign. Now I'm not calling him that since CSI gave him a shiny disco ball for it, but because it's something I and many others have known for awhile. He breaks new shit all the time. But you know all this. :)

A lot of what it is is that the VIP set which constitutes the bulk of the paying market right now, they want that chainsaw sound, if they want dance music at all. SET, Mokaï, Mynt, Privé, etc, if they're booking dance DJs, they want that French electro-house sound. Even the hipster set, if they listen to dance music, it's electro influenced. What I'm getting at is that the promoters and owners doing the booking in these places are generally asking for that sound, and the DJs are usually eager or at least inclined to provide it.

For the "real" dance fans, it's moved beyond that. The people on the floor for OG are beyond it, the people who haunt the little holes in the wall are beyond it, and the deep house kids were never into it.

Guest Diaga

The other night I was watching an interview w/ Pitbull talkin about the scene of hip hop reggaeton etc and how united they were and the plan they had for the future and how they were helpin each other. How come, none of those people complain like most people do in this scene , like Pod said before go out and make a difference. I give mad props to the people that push the music forward for example all the events @ Laundry are great but its not enough yet, just go out and support the scene and btw I have nothing against electro or any "played out" music for that matter at least we had that now.

Guest ramon

I couldnt agree with Danny Tenaglia anymore....its actually quite pathetic that the House music capital of the United States seems to be stuck on this terrible electro, mashup god knows what is popular movement. There is so much more to house music than PATT or World Hold On....I knew there was a problem when I would spin tribal and progressive house at Afterhour Afterhour events and people would think that is the only time it was appropriate. I just spent 10 hours at Pacha NYC listening to Victor Calderone lay down easily the sickest set Ive heard in years and his set was compiled of minimal, tech, tribal and tech house bombs the whole night...I have yet to encounter a dj in Miami that could even come remotely close to the damage he did the other night. Wake up all your miami house heads and open your minds alittle bit. You can still dance to tribal and tech and it wont be the end of the world....Preach on DT preach on

not to say Josh Wink (NEW DC10 RESIDENT!) opened the night at Pacha. I heard Victor is on another level right now. I'd love to see him soon. The only DJ who did that I've seen in miami is DT. I haven't heard OG in ages though Im sure he could do the same.

The lines are blurrring so much its amazing. You should see some of my reaction lists for Leftroom from dj's I thought would never play our stuff and they do and they love it. Yet you mention the word tech, techno or even minimal and people get scared. The rest of the world has embraced this why can't we?

Guest RzO

the thing about OG, which validates my previous post, is that all those groups you just mentioned can go hear Oscar and they all love it.

that makes a great dj, one that the "cool" kids and the regular just go to a club kids as well.

fromt he first time i heard him 5-6 yrs ago, (when i was just someone who dug music) to now when i care about what is being played to some extent, he never dissapoints, never

Guest pod

Well, that's what separates great DJs from good DJs. A great DJ can play multiple styles and keep everyone entertained. Danny is certainly one, and OG is definitely another. That's not an ability accorded at birth, it's something you get over time. I"ve heard both Danny and OG play trance even and keep the crowds moving.

Guest mr.miami

The problem with that area is the city needs to put some money into making it nice. Put some trees, and new lights. Pick up the trash and get the homeless gone. Also ive always wondered why they never considered putting up hotels around there and restaurants within walking distance from the clubs.

Guest ramon

Well, that's what separates great DJs from good DJs. A great DJ can play multiple styles and keep everyone entertained. Danny is certainly one, and OG is definitely another. That's not an ability accorded at birth, it's something you get over time. I"ve heard both Danny and OG play trance even and keep the crowds moving.

Exactly. I think it's what happens if you came from that era where dance music was just dance music.

Laurent Garnier is another.

Guest Fez

Yep, it is. I'd like to hear Alan's comments.

tried to find the thread on dtourism...but no luck...

Guest ramon

Yep, it is. I'd like to hear Alan's comments.

tried to find the thread on dtourism...but no luck...

its under Be Yourself forum. :)

Guest pod

the word tech, techno or even minimal and people get scared. The rest of the world has embraced this why can't we?

We've got people in town embracing this, not just on the small level either. Again, the best DJs in the world play a little bit of everything in the overall guise of keeping the evening going. I'm not one to split hairs, but I heard stuff from Roger even that I would venture a guess as to being tech or minimal.

And again, going out shouldn't be about genres, it should be about going out and having a good time. I don't go to an OG set or a Danny set expecting to hear minimal, tech, or whatever you cool kids are into these days, I go out because I know both of them, or whichever DJ is on the decks at the nights I go to is going to provide the soundtrack to an excellent evening out.

Guest ramon

twilo thread....got it

yeah amazing this gets posted and not the reason why this was posted in the first place. :'( :'( :'(

Guest pod

Well, I think most of us know why he said what he said. It's not like he had to come out and say it after that.

Name a successful non gay event DT has done without Space here in Miami on a consistent basis? Even now with his gay crowd, he can't pack them in, the crowd heads to hear OG and Cedric at Space at 7am and he blames 11th st. Last time I checked Space IS ON 11TH ST! ASS CLOWN!

I'm willing to bet if you put OG in Twilo, it would draw more people than DT and the crowd would stay later.

DT is a disgruntled washed up dj who hates how his buddies, Roger and Erick, have surpassed him.

LP pwed you DT, it's time you apologize to the man and maybe he'll let you spin at Space to save your pathetic career here in Miami.

Louis, make this ass clown post an apology before you allow him to spin at Space again. It's well known, rich gay dudes, blow thru money like it's hot cakes, he's probably broke. Start him off slow by letting him tend to Parantula's corona buckets.

pwned.jpg

Guest RzO

and the obligatory drama begins...lol (drama is always entertaining)

im going to bed, curious to see where this goes in the coming days

Guest ramon

Name a successful non gay event DT has done without Space here in Miami on a consistent basis? Even now with his gay crowd, he can't pack them in, the crowd heads to hear OG and Cedric at Space at 7am and he blames 11th st. Last time I checked Space IS ON 11TH ST! ASS CLOWN!

I'm willing to bet if you put OG in Twilo, it would draw more people than DT and the crowd would stay later.

DT is a disgruntled washed up dj who hates how his buddies, Roger and Erick, have surpassed him.

LP pwed you DT, it's time you apologize to the man and maybe he'll let you spin at Space to save your pathetic career here in Miami.

Louis, make this ass clown post an apology before you allow him to spin at Space again. It's well known, rich gay dudes, blow thru money like it's hot cakes, he's probably broke. Start him off slow by letting him tend to Parantula's corona buckets.

Both of the parties at Made in Miami were quite successful.

Give me OG + DT @ Twilo and it may be the year 2001 again.

Guest Alan T.

HELLO EVERYONE!

BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE POSTED ROUND HERE-BUT I SEE many of YOU guys and gals OFTEN ENOUGH TO DISCUSS SEVERAL ISSUES DANNY MENTIONED IN HIS POST..... I might add his post WAS DRAGGED OVER HERE FROM DTOURISM-->Thus severely taken out of context.

It was simply a thread regarding the closing of Twilo. NOT about old /new ownership, just a heads up of sort because many of the Dtourist community had travel plans for a late May gig. Period.

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH HIS TEXT MORE THAN I DO, NOT SIMPLY CAUSE WE ARE VERY CLOSE, JUST CAUSE HE IS CORRECT ON AN SEVERAL ISSUE. Remember :He is also a member of out community and has every right to express his opinions

As a MANY OF US HAVE GROWN DISTURBINGLY accustoned to the many a Miami street mis-en scene-ie, streetscape and it's many an interaction , if you will, including myself, IT took A NATIVE New Yorker- who travels the world over to call it out. Period------It takes a village, as Hillary Clinton often declares, so let's all just ACT together in correcting the wrongs-----------. PERIOD!

I DON'T NEED BARBARINO RETORIC FROM AN IVORY TOWER CLAIMING THE THIS' AND THATS OF HIS CAREER, EITHER. JUST GO TO HIS DISCOGS PAGE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF THE COMPLETE WORKS OF A LONG STANDING CAREER-the PROOF is in the Pudding and/or Deulce Leche !

on a sidenote:

IF I WANT A GOLDEN SHOWER I AM SURE MANY OF THE HOUSE OF DANNY TSETTOS WILL GALDLY GIVE ONE TO ME AS THEY ARE MY FRIENDS AS WELL! Let's not go there! :)

............PLEASE!

I love you Pod and where oh where is my grace jones avatar-------you DIONESIAN YOU! :)

Guest Alan T.

harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdly sweetie!

HE JUST GOT A PENTHOUSE ON THE MANHATTAN WATERFRONT, HAS A PRODUCTION LOFT AND HONEY HIS ABODE HERE IN MIAMI----------------YOU WOULD VERNESSA MITCHELL REAP, ARENA CLASSIC STYLE IF YOU SAW!

IT'S NOT IN DEER PARK OR LEVITOWN EITHER-------------------LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! NEXXXXXXXXXT!

BIZ PLEASE LET HIM HAVE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Alan, you know I love ya buddy, but without LP, in Miami DT is washed up.. He sits in his Ivory tower and attacks:

Oscar

Cedric

Deep Dish

Bob Sinclair

etc? Why?

He's jealous, plain and simple and disgruntled.

Fuck him... DT is dated and irrelevant in todays scene this is why he attacks other djs but doesn't have the balls to attack LP so he goes after his djs instead.

LP 2

DT 0

ps. Alan, and others, name just one party where he was the resident that worked here in Miami. Warehouse? What a joke! Twilo? another joke...

He did one off parties and blames everyone except himself.

Guest pod

Valid point, Alan, maybe it took someone who didn't live here for awhile to point out some things we've gotten used to over the years. I'm not qualified to comment on the music, but on the condition of the neighborhood, certainly. Over the years, we've gotten used to what Alan termed the "sketch olympics". Sure, for someone who sees it all the time, it's a riot, but in all honesty, it's not something that should be allowed in a burgeoning entertainment district.

Sure, my advice to a lot of people is to "man up" or something, but that's not always possible. 2 weeks ago, I walked some friends from Pawn Shop to the block, and if it wasn't for the fact that it was me and one other guy, the girls would have been quite scared.

The bums and mental defectives suck, yes, but like I said, I've gotten used to it. No excuse to leave the neighborhood as it is. Again, a failure on the city's part to do their part after businesses chose to set up in the area.

First things first, quality of life issues do need to be addressed down there. Then we can tackle the music issue.

Great, so we should build 24 hour clubs with patios in Palm Beach next to Trumps house??

The problems downtown are no better or worse the day the original Space opened there. Why no complaints back then?

Maybe because he had a dj residency here in Miami at that time?????????? Things where, good he was making money???

His post is the equivalent of blaming your controller when loosing in Xbox..