Clubplanet Nightlife Community

detroit is nothing to fear ... (pictures + videos + reviews from DEMF 2007)

Guest ramon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

all I have to say... Richie Hawtin showing up at Bleu Sunday night...... not to DJ, but to bar tend LOL :o :o :D ;D

haha i heard about that. :)

Guest NicoleC

glad to see everyone had a great time - i've been hearing impressive reports (during and now).

Guest Miss_Digital

glad to see everyone had a great time - i've been hearing impressive reports (during and now).

WE ARE GOING

next year if not ur a punk

Guest jkfunkee

dance music is a very very small commmunity

if you got to these parties, festivals, and events long enough people start looking familiar

and if you get to talking to them you find out you've crossed paths five times over with out even knowning it

that is for sure the truth.

late,

j.

Guest ramon

Audion - Noiser annihilating the Real Detroit stage.

Dear cannot and won't be stopped. The sky is the absolute limit for him

Ftu_OSHxSyI

Guest ramon

Hardfloor performing their remix of Robert Armani's Circus Bells!!!!

j7i_3Aqpcf8

another angle of the same song. ;)

Gv9cdKpFqzk

Guest web_norah

-cheaper, i felt like a european tourist in detroit, i swear there must have been some exchange rate, 3 dollar drinks, i ate like a king in one of the best places in greek town, for less than the price of on drink at Karu, the most expensive party was 20$ - 25$ dollars WOW! i still cant believe i saw damian lazarus for 10$

Clubbing in Miami is the most expensive I've ever experienced, worldwide.

hmmm i don't think so. London is expensive. Ibiza is very expensive. Tokyo even more expensive.

Guest musicalmissionary

My highlights:

1) Dancing like a freak 10 feet from Jeff Mills in between the barricades and the stage during the Grand Finale.

2) Standing 5 feet behind Richie Hawtin during his DEMF set.

3) Hearing Vonstroke drop Who's Afraid of Detroit, in Detroit, watching the Detroit skyline blur through my line of sight as I lost my head.

4) Justin Martin at Corktown Tavern play a mindbending set for 40 people.

5) Walking into the festival on day 1 right into Charles Webster's set on the main stage.

6) Matthew Dear

7) Steve Bug

8) Luciano

9) Guido Shneider

10) Booka Shade

til next year

Guest ramon

best for me

baby ford @ pyramid

rhythm & sound @ pyramid

dj godfather @ pyramid .. ghetto tech!

audion & dear @ real detroit

kerri chandler @ main stage

pier bucci @ beatport

mathew jonson @ beatport

sassmouth @ beatport was a great surprise

paco osuna @ beatport

marco carola @ beatport

richie's last hour @ beatport + encores!!!

luciano @ beatport (after he got going he was unstoppable) even if someone did have to take his other turntable!

i want you to get together .. get together .. get together .. put your hands together now!!!

Guest Marina22

Thanks for the varied reviews of all things to be afraid of in Detroit and how everyone there knows about all things tekkno. :o The lot of us that missed it this year, I predict might have to make a pilgrimage next year.. As for now looking at other tekkno world adventures to plan. ;) Exit Festival, anyone? LOL :P

Guest frankthetank

City must have changed since I have visited 7-8 years back. Obviously everyone had a good time on this board but how was the scenery at these events? (i.e. chicks)

Guest ramon

Thanks for the varied reviews of all things to be afraid of in Detroit and how everyone there knows about all things tekkno. :o The lot of us that missed it this year, I predict might have to make a pilgrimage next year.. As for now looking at other tekkno world adventures to plan. ;) Exit Festival, anyone? LOL :P

yes !! you must go next year .. you would've gotten your hard techno fix at afters ;)

ps: the new dj bone cd is fuckin amazing .. dj bone - parts unknown - subject detroit vol 3

www.subjectdetroit.com

Guest Miss_Digital

never heard of before but impressed me:

-sassmouth

-tim xavier

-cooky scienist

never thought they would grab my attention but did:

-hardfloor

-charls webster dilivering the best house set i've heard in years

WOWed me:

-luciano... cerebral

-steve bug... what a dj

-hard s stone misstress barbara nothing but bomb after bomb

-CVS his man, can play party time music, big room sounding bu he never crosses the fine line bettween this and cheesy and its a very thin line, instead he comes across as smart (he was beter at beatport stage han the ghostly party)

-ghetto tech on friday at the works!!! and he pyramid stage... i still dont ge why i'm the only one the loves his booty music /techno combo!

exceeded my expectagtion:

MAthew Dear: AMAZING when he came to miami his preformance was just ok... in D the rocked it... he deliever his set in full throtle at the ghostly party i saw energy from him i didnt even know he had

i have friends who went there not even liking matthew dear and were impressed

for a year he's been in my top 5 ... now every one knows why

i heart dear!

disappointed in:

-jeff mills what a snooze fest no consistency

his ending was anti climactic after booka shade

Guest Miss_Digital

HOW COULD I FOR GET!

DAmian at Bretta music party

he played witha pair of CD 100s

still manged to get through deep dark genre breaking set

Guest ramon

-sassmouth

-tim xavier

-cooky scienist

-hardfloor

WOWed me:

-luciano... cerebral

-steve bug... what a dj

-hard s stone misstress barbara nothing but bomb after bomb

-CVS his man, can play party time music, big room sounding bu he never crosses the fine line bettween this and cheesy and its a very thin line, instead he comes across as smart (he was beter at beatport stage han the ghostly party)

-ghetto tech on friday at the works!!! and he pyramid stage... i still dont ge why i'm the only one the loves his booty music /techno combo!

MAthew Dear: AMAZING when he came to miami his preformance was just ok... in D the rocked it... he deliever his set in full throtle at the ghostly party i saw energy from him i didnt even know he had

i heart dear!

disappointed in:

-jeff mills what a snooze fest no consistency

his ending was anti climactic after booka shade

i'll attack these one at a time.

-sassmouth - chicago , runs with the naughtybadfuncollective, she played one of the best opening sets i've heard in ages. totally into it as well .. hilights were cellphones dead (ricardo mix) , the holllow by dan berkson

-tim xavier

runs a magnificent label called clinkrecordings and is a wicked livepa/dj to boot .. i really enjoyed the bass heavy bombs he dropped at bleu on friday.

-cooky scienist

the kooky scientist is on plus 8 .. nuff said

-hardfloor real machines , analog sounds , and acid. sold! , check out the video i posted

i missed him :( kerri chandler however played one of the best house sets i've heard in ages myself and i found myself dancing in the rain to ce ce penniston's finally!

WOWed me:

-luciano... cerebral one of the best on the planet by a longshot .. he weaves through house and techno with ease .. hope to see him again sooner than later!

-steve bug... what a dj didn't catch enough of him but heard nothing but great things

-hard s stone misstress barbara nothing but bomb after bomb didn't see her at all .. i heard she didn't play minimal !!!

very versatile dj .. from who's afraid of detroit , chimps to the nastyness he dropped at the spectral party .. kudos!

did you see godfather on monday ? he played more techno and i saw more booty shaking than i did anywhere else all weekend. one of my hilights for sure .. i wish he wouldve played 2 the floor by technasia!!!

i heart dear!

dear and elliot were on another level .. wow! really enjoyed everything they played especially on the real detroit stage .. hearing the sun can't compare was sublime , house house house it up!!!! the new album is great i can't wait for audion/false albums as well. hope to see him sooner than later as well. hearing them play plastic dreams at the spectral afterhours monday afterhours was pretty damn special as well

Guest ramon

hawtin , pierce , guido schneider , mathew jonson

157108753-l.jpg

raving grandma .. she's been there every year.

165206869_435f0b59b6.jpg

listen to detroit techno shirt by paxahau

518464233_c6cd0d9cf2.jpg

Guest Miss_Digital

best for me

i want you to get together .. get together .. get together .. put your hands together now!!!

this was the perfect choon at the perfect time!!!

completely uplifting expecience

Guest Miss_Digital

165206869_435f0b59b6.jpg

her name is patricia hehehe she knows more about techno then anyone i know

she was grilling me about Butane!!! ask me some deep shiiiiiiiiiiii!

shez very nice !!!! i had a long talk with her

Guest ramon

best for me

this was the perfect choon at the perfect time!!!

completely uplifting expecience

yep those damn romanians are at it again ;)

Guest tekniQz

hawtin , pierce , guido schneider , mathew jonson

157108753-l.jpg

165206869_435f0b59b6.jpg

listen to detroit techno shirt by paxahau

518464233_c6cd0d9cf2.jpg

The raving Grandma is super scary!!!!!!

Id leave if i saw that.