Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CAFETERIA CLOSURE!

Guest Alan T.

Guest pod

Haha. I just had the word Hunka Bunka in my head all week. Had to use it somewhere.

I would venture that whatever it becomes, it will be a restaurant again, since you really can't put a full-on club or anything there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CROWN-ONE

I will never love a Grilled Tuna Club the way I love yours, Cafeteria. I will miss you.

Guest ramon

Haha. I just had the word Hunka Bunka in my head all week. Had to use it somewhere.

I would venture that whatever it becomes, it will be a restaurant again, since you really can't put a full-on club or anything there.

you can't put an proper lounge in the back ? if the dj booth had been in a seperate place you would've had a completely different vibe in there.

Guest pod

I never said you couldn't do a lounge. Hell, split it off from the main area entirely to make things easy. The music heads could have their ultimate spot that way. If you can't pack 500 square feet, you're doing something wrong.

Guest ramon

I never said you couldn't do a lounge. Hell, split it off from the main area entirely to make things easy. The music heads could have their ultimate spot that way. If you can't pack 500 square feet, you're doing something wrong.

i concur. :)

it could be very cool .. i like your idea of led's maybe put them on the roof ala watergate?

235033985_3d35a18171.jpg

Guest pod

Sorta. My idea when the place was open was just to replace the grody incandescents with LEDs and keep the arrangement the same, those square mirror frames would change color along with the Cafeteria Lamp.

Guest coach

I don't think the room, specifically, was the problem. We've all been there when it was slammed and the vibe was awesome. I think, generally, they did not promote vigorously enough. And, as was pointed out, the main issue is the huge rise in rent.

Guest pod

Wasn't a problem per se, but there was room for improvement. I always figured if they dumped thousands into some furniture, they could spare some for some LED units and a controller.

Guest RzO

noooooooo more mac and cheese! :(

every time kelly and i come to miami, it was a must that we get some mac n cheese, already being a mac n cheese head, they took it to another level

now i dont know what we'll do, i guess find a new spot

i loved cafeteria, i am pretty pissed about this, but now i will have to find a new, not so expensive outdoor eatery on lincoln, i know there are alot but i like cafeteria's take on normal food. oh well

Guest saintjohn

I NEED TO REQUEST A COPY OF A MENU WITH THE INFAMOUS TEA TIME SHOT!

That was definitely the best menu photo.

Guest Philip

I NEED TO REQUEST A COPY OF A MENU WITH THE INFAMOUS TEA TIME SHOT!

That was definitely the best menu photo.

loved it!

Guest RzO

i like cafeteria's take on normal food. oh well

yep - exactly why i loved eating there

remember last time we ate there, first u come and break a glass then the waiter incident, lol, that was a fun dinner we all had! haha

Guest Alan T.

I adore my friend Mark to death but PLACE HAD THE WOOORST SERVICE IN THE CITY-----and they aren't cuban(lol)--that's so a MiamiNights.com of a read------>IMAGINE EATING WITH THE OWNER AND PLACING AN ORDER ONLY FOR IT TO COME OUT INCORRECT! It did get better with Jonathan running the show but it was already way late.

SOUTH BEACH IS NOT ABOUT FOOD UNLESS IT's A FALAFEL------IT'S ALL ABOUT CORAL GABLES FOR FOOD!!!!!

Thanks for posting photo Podilicious! :)............oh and about the suit------------it's all about Romeo Gigli for suits----------I have so many! I need to start pumping them......it's just a HEAT issue when in south FL! In ITALY I pumped a suit every day and if I don't start featuring then should sell them and get a Corniche!

Guest pod

If you sell 'em let me know.

Hell, one day I was sitting with one of the partners at the time having lunch there and they did the same thing.

Guest Alan T.

how bout all the legendary parties and djs Diego Martinelli setup! he did do some fierce bookings for that place! Lawler, Fanciuli, Chus Ceballos, CALDERONE etc etc......DISCUSS!

THE OWNERS WERE ALWAYS SO GRATEFUL FOR HOW WELL HE HAD THAT ROOM WORKING OVERTIME, THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE A 24/7 LOCALE.

Guest Alan T.

how bout all the legendary parties and djs Diego Martinelli setup! he did do some fierce bookings for that place! Lawler, Fanciuli, Chus Ceballos, CALDERONE etc etc......DISCUSS!

THE OWNERS WERE ALWAYS SO GRATEFUL FOR HOW WELL HE HAD THAT ROOM WORKING OVERTIME, THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE A 24/7 LOCALE FEATURING TOP NOTCH TALENT.

Guest RzO

WOOORST SERVICE IN THE CITY

i agree with this, every time we went it was really bad, but i liked sitting outside so it was never a huge ordeal, but kinda sucks when u need more wine and the guy doesn't come back for like 10 mins

im sure something cool will come of that space, frankly the venue and location have soo much potential, i was only on that roof during the wmc sirius party abd it was really cool and obviously the little phazon room is stellar.

thats the thing the concept was great good ol food and then dope as music/lounge spots, lets hope whoever shells out the cash for the venue it is somehow as cool as cafeteria was.