Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Calderone!!!

Guest Ricky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmigonon

They've got a good-sized dancefloor for the overall venue size.

Yeah, but it gets too packed, I've been there several times, not enough room for me... :-\

Guest rcpimp11

Seth!! whats up bro...glad to hear from you. miss all you guys over there!! yeah i know its been a pretty amusing convo....I love Gryphon though you guys know that...anyway keep in touch guys. I'll make sure to come up and pay a visit when I get back in town...Gryphon is the spot I hope all these big name djs decide to play at...I love how they allow two maybe three djs hold the tables down...Space not talking shit but trust the dj....you only need 1 or 2 to rock a night out...Replacing Ivano? dont replace him...start a new chapter in your book.....QBA and patrick are holding shit down...dont screw with what theyve got goin on....if you find the talent out of the blue or have somneone in mind you would have asked them lready...take your time...the space crowd deserves only the best so make sure you know what your doin when you bring it to them

VC at Gryphon on a non holiday weekend is too risky. I saw him at the Coliseum, he doesn't pull heads like most people think. The club would have been just as packed without him. Depends on what he charges and what time he goes on. I won't get into any more details, but if he doesn't go on at 1am, this is doomed to fail big time. You will also get a gay crowd there, not sure if they are ready for that.

I gave my 2 cent to Gryphon, however they want to bring in the big guns every now and then, which is a big mistake. When you put big guns in say on a monthly, your crowd now expects this and will only show up on the big nights. While big nights can pay off, they also carry a higher price of risk. If the club is doing well without the big guns, my opinion has always been the same, stay away from big djs, pay C and B level jocks cheap money to spin. You add variety, but few if any are showing up to hear that particular dj which is what you want. The club, the crowd, the girls, the trendiness of it all is why clubs are successful, not because some ass clown is playing dark beat with his cock or bringing a dj rig the size of a studio because his meth addiction has ruined his ears and mixing skills.

Gryphon, book big djs and it's the begining of the end of your house side of your club. Even keel is the way to go. Only holiday weekends should you do big jocks.

Guest pod

Oddly enough, the way the 4th falls this year, the 30th could be a holiday weekend?

I don't know, we're all confused at the HQ here as to which weekend is the 4th of July weekend? Since the 4th is on a Wednesday.

I know a lot of people who are saying 'screw it' and taking the whole week off.

Guest tekniQz

I hope Victor does come to Gryphon because that would be amazing.I hope. ;D ;D

His set from Crobar 2 years ago is still in my Ipod today.

Guest myles hie

guys, the deal is not even done, there is no party at the moment..

DEAL IS DONE-----SO HOWS YOUR EVENING SO FAR-----NAME THE SOURCE WHERE THIS WINX SAMPLE IS TAKEN-----RAMON, COME ON!!!!!

Lil' Louis..

Guest Orls

Nice! I been waiting for an chance to see him outside of Twilo. Even if he brings some of the Gay crowd to Gryphon it should still pan out with a good amount of women.

Good work guys.

Guest ramon

guys, the deal is not even done, there is no party at the moment..

DEAL IS DONE-----SO HOWS YOUR EVENING SO FAR-----NAME THE SOURCE WHERE THIS WINX SAMPLE IS TAKEN-----RAMON, COME ON!!!!!

lil louis - french kiss

Guest mr.miami

gonna be packed if that is the case. does gryphon have any type of rules when it comes to shirtless men? Will they kick you out or anything? heh

Guest djjoncowan

i'd more than likely be up for this. :)

i've nothing but great things about him lately.

victor DESTROYED the shelborne poolside during wmc... absolutely amazing day with danny and victor together poolside...

Guest ramon

victor DESTROYED the shelborne poolside during wmc... absolutely amazing day with danny and victor together poolside...

sounds fun ... also gives me an opportunity to get him some upcoming leftroom :)

check your pms dude

Guest rhythmdoc

victor is going to destroy gryphon! i could just imagine it! now, i hope funky junction does not open up for him! he is not the right dj to do that job. you know who i would love to open up for victor?

your #1 new times best 2007 best club dj "charlie solana"!!!!!

Guest Ricky

I keep hearing its not confirmed yet victor posted it on his myspace.

I was at twilo for his evolve party and I have to say thats one of the best parties i have ever been to.

That weekend is going to be crazy. Boris friday @ Nocturnal Followed by Victor @ Gryphon!!!

i find it mildly amusing that people have to wait for VC to play gryphon before going to hear him play... VC's been playing it siiick for years.. where the hell have you n00bs been all this time? He's put out an array of hot productions (umm like all the madonna ray of light album remixes) and not to mention the Collaboration with Peter Rauhofer (track is called Do it properly - which is my personal fav track of all time)... I hope he plays the club, i honestly do.... and i hope theres a million gay people there for you guys to bitch about the next day. lol

I mean, even barbarino hit the gay club with me to hear VC...

I'm used to VC afterhours and will be curious to know how he plays (if its an earlier crowd).... I think i'll be in savannah that date so i'll probably miss it unfortunately...

Victor and James Anderson at the original Liquid..... best set of music i have ever heard in my life... they pumped it so hard they blew a fuse and the place blacked out... people didn't care.. we just kept jumping on the floor, clapping and whistlin'.. . when the music came on, we just kept freakin' out and dancin' along.. wow amazing memory!!!

Alan T, were you there that night? If you were, you would definately remember that set... sick sick sickkkkk

;D

Guest Mayor

Charlie and Ralph will be celebrating their 1 yr anniversary of control w special guest dj Victor Calderone

Victor is scheduled to begin at 2am

Guest Mattivi

2am, although closing time for Bling and Barbarina, isnt afterhours, so this might be a successful party. :P

Guest Marina22

I have wanted to see VC for a while now so maybe.. As much as gryphon is a nice club, the dancefloor is a bit small due to the VIP tables.. Might just say fuck it and go. :P