Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you stay in touch with your high school friends?

Guest pod

Racist, conformist, etc. It wasn't that much fun. I wasn't like your typical suicidal type though. My one driving force was to get out of there, and that's what kept me sane. I remember the days around junior year when the kids were all talking about college selections. 40 percent were going to the local CC (nothing wrong with that), the 'cool kids' were all going to party schools within crying distance from home. Me? Well I selected the places furthest from me (NYU being an exception), just to get out of there. USC, UCLA, UM. Ended up at UM obviously where my idiosyncrasies were overlooked for the most part.

And then, here I am. I get funny Myspace and Facebook messages.

BTW, I created a CJ Facebook if anyone's interested.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2372468956

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a pretty good time in high school.. I knew every kid i ever went to school with (only graduated with 56 kids) and of course, i was pretty much friends with everyone.. lol We vowed to stay in touch but i moved away to finish college and lost touch with a lot of them. I do talk to my best friend in high school (shawn) and see her as she lives in Ft. Myers! We are flying to Green Bay for the Packers/Eagles game this year.. and we go to the nascar race together annually. We lost touch but reconnected after a few years.. and i am now very good friends with our class president who i connected with on classmates.com when we were gearing up for our 10 yr reunion.. I wasn't going to go to it (in michigan) but i'm glad i went.. Now i talk to a couple of my old buddies occassionally and we always hook up when i'm home for a few beers! ;D

Guest Electric Eel

I had a good time in high school, my last year I found every way possible to legally slack off! Being a yearbook editor and an office assistant for the VP worked wonders for me!

I went to high school with Rolly even though he was ahead of me, I keep in touch with him obviously. I dont really keep in touch with anyone else. I recently ran into an old friend and hung out with her a few times but thats about it. I have a bunch of them on my myspace but that doesn't mean I really talk to them. I actually hate running into people I knew from school, its so fake. But I do love it when I hear how badly they are doing, hahaha.

Speaking of I just got an email for my 10 year reunion, not sure if i'm going.

Guest JMT

i was on the fence about going to mine last year. actually, i didn't want to, but my 4 good friends i still keep in touch with all wanted to go. i told them i wasn't going and they were pissed. then in my typical fashion, the day of the reunion i changed my mind and showed up late without telling them.

the first 15 minutes or so was a whirlwind, so many faces. some you remember, some you blank on. overall, it was pretty harmless. mostly everyone was pleasant to talk to. a lot people went out for late night drinks afterward.

i was honestly suprised how many people were married and had kids, some already had 2.

so i didn't want to go, but in retrospect, i am glad i did. it only happens once. but again, i only had 110 kids in my graduating class, so everyone pretty much knew everyone's name when we were in school. if i went to a big school i might have felt different.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah I have stayed in contact with some people on a regular basis.

I have friends that I've known for about 20 years.

I have a friend who I still talk to from time to time and I have known her for 30 years (since kindergarden)!

Guest coach

I found a ton on MySpace and alot have found me there as well. There is only 1 that I keep in constant contact with.

That's because he still wants to get in your pants.

Guest JMT
I have a friend who I still talk to from time to time and I have known her for 30 years (since kindergarden)!

i have a good friend i have known since kindergarten too. and we went to different high schools.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i have a good friend i have known since kindergarten too. and we went to different high schools.

This girl I know from Kindergarden, we went to school together all the way through high school and we stayed friends after high school and even ended up doing the club thing together as well..

Guest michael^heaven

I stay in touch, weekly, with one person I went to high school with...basically my best mate for almost 20 years.

I went to two different high schools...Oak Ridge for two years & Boone for two years...both in Orlando. Oak Ridge was, basically, a demilitarized zone, barbed wire fence, two gates with a guard at each & gang fights/shootings daily. I faked an address & transfered to Boone. Much more chill & the girlies waaaaay cuter! ;)

As far as my ten-year reunion, which was 2001, I skipped it since I was living in Dallas at the time & really didn't care to attend anyway.

Guest slamminshaun

Not really. Most of the people I went to school with are still flippin' burgers or in jail.

Guest RzO

all of my close friends i have been friends with from middle school, to high school, then to college at UF. It is weird we sit around and we have all been friends since 1993 or some shit and still hang out all the time, since most have all bought houses here in WPB. with the exception of two who live in NY.

anyhow myspace has made it to where the peeps i knew from HS, but weren't really good friends with to come back around, although i must say i have hit the deny button a few times, lol

as far as reunions, our ten year in in 2009, and my best friend was class president so we are th ones arranging it,. i think its gonna be fun to see what some of the peeps i haven't seen in 10 years are up to.

Guest bootstah

I wish I did keep in better touch with my old high school friends, it can be a bit hard though cause they all live in Canada or have moved away from Winnipeg - god knows why :P. I do try to stay in contact w/ my best girlfriends though. We've even planned our own little trip/reunion so Im defo looking forward to that ;D

Guest clubchicky

HA....thankfully no...there are a small few that I am close with...but besides that they are all pregnant, divorced twice and still working at Burger King or some shit...

Guest klubveteran

well i know where i can find one of my High Scool classmates...thats every saturday mornin' at Local Celebrity 8) Mr Bismar Martinez. known as Biz ;D

I had Biz for Health/Drivers Ed and i Algebra. we used to cheat our asses off in Algebra. damn, come to think of it if i didnt cheat my ass off in almost all my classes id probably still be there :(

I used to see a lot of classmates when i used to work the door at Bar and club 609, Shadow, and Space. It was always fun to get them in from the back of the line and take care of them

HML's danceline back then was :o half of them made it eventually to either Dolphin Cheerleaders or Heat dancers.

that was a fun era. man was that school filled with hotties. The grunge era was full on with so much new music from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Chilli Peppers, STP.

I had a Jeep Wrangler and always had the top off. get to school late no problem just park on the median ;D

Friday night house/keg parties would be at some rich kids parents house in Miami Lakes. the djs usually spinning would be Edgar V or George Acosta who were from nearby rival Pace High....i wonder what ever became of those djs now adays ???

Guest Electric Eel

i was on the fence about going to mine last year. actually, i didn't want to, but my 4 good friends i still keep in touch with all wanted to go. i told them i wasn't going and they were pissed. then in my typical fashion, the day of the reunion i changed my mind and showed up late without telling them.

the first 15 minutes or so was a whirlwind, so many faces. some you remember, some you blank on. overall, it was pretty harmless. mostly everyone was pleasant to talk to. a lot people went out for late night drinks afterward.

i was honestly suprised how many people were married and had kids, some already had 2.

so i didn't want to go, but in retrospect, i am glad i did. it only happens once. but again, i only had 110 kids in my graduating class, so everyone pretty much knew everyone's name when we were in school. if i went to a big school i might have felt different.

I graduated with 500 others kids, will definitely not be as intimate as yours prob was but I think i still knew a good amount of people.

Guest Devilicious

I have prolly 8 people on my myspace from high school and am still close to 3 girls from those days.

I had a blast in high school, I have only good memories

Guest pod

The thing is, those who contact me are a riot, they try to act as if they were innocent of anything evil perpetrated 'back then', or of they own up to it, it's passed off as being 'a kid' or something. Now grant it, I turn the other cheek and I will go through the motions of saying hello and such, but I'm not gonna bend over and make an effort for these people. I'm the better person in this situation by not mentioning it to them. Though what gets me is that all of the sudden, I'm "The Man" because I'm down here in Miami or something.

If anything, the fact that a lot of them acted as they do and are the prototypical hometown heroes can be seen as an indictment of the public school system in the United States. Michael Moore should make a movie about that. Now, there's a real problem which needs to be addressed. I know 'Bowling For Columbine' touched on it, but it was more of an analysis of an irresponsible gun culture in the US. I might actually enjoy a movie about the inefficient and bloated US public education system.

Guest clubchicky

The thing is, those who contact me are a riot, they try to act as if they were innocent of anything evil perpetrated 'back then', or of they own up to it, it's passed off as being 'a kid' or something. Now grant it, I turn the other cheek and I will go through the motions of saying hello and such, but I'm not gonna bend over and make an effort for these people. I'm the better person in this situation by not mentioning it to them. Though what gets me is that all of the sudden, I'm "The Man" because I'm down here in Miami or something.

If anything, the fact that a lot of them acted as they do and are the prototypical hometown heroes can be seen as an indictment of the public school system in the United States. Michael Moore should make a movie about that. Now, there's a real problem which needs to be addressed. I know 'Bowling For Columbine' touched on it, but it was more of an analysis of an irresponsible gun culture in the US. I might actually enjoy a movie about the inefficient and bloated US public education system.

hey Pod....you're the man baby :-*

Guest pod

It is funny though. I come from a place that is supposedly more "real" than Miami, and yet, other than one person, I made no friends there in almost two decades of residency. I've been in-country in Miami for ten years, and I've made 2 or 3 friends I consider good, and many other friends and acquaintances.

What I think it comes down to in Miami and other big cities, is that however messed up in the head you are, it's nothing compared to the guy down the street who wears a crown of dead fish or something.