Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*** HIV ***

Guest xfactor834

The HIV virus could be in your system for up to six months without it showing up in a test. So if you're very promiscuous and/or not good about protection I'd say get tested every six months. Otherwise once a year should be fine.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

i've never been tested. even though i haven't been with many people, i feel i should get tested for any and everything, just in case.

------------------

boopmag6.jpg

* I ain't no joke

so you should get a pen,

and write yourself a lil' note

so you don't forget again *

-YoU DeSeRvE A SmAcKiN' FoR SlAcKiN'-

Originally posted by shugabooga:

here's my twisted logic: being tested for it doesn't prevent it, so why spend all that money on testing every six or twelve months as long as you're protecting yourself? the cheapest i've heard of for an HIV test in NY is $60, in Atlanta, it was $30!!!!

i think it would make sense to get tested if you were in a monogomous relationship and decided to have sex without protection.

to *finally* answer the question, it's been about four years since i got tested.

Well if you have health insurance it should be covered, it's just the $10 co-pay if I go to my primary physician.

------------------

pussycat.jpg

Originally posted by tastyt:

Well if you have health insurance it should be covered, it's just the $10 co-pay if I go to my primary physician.

i wish...i do have health coverage and i've asked about it but it's not covered, costs like $80 out of pocket.

Originally posted by shugabooga:

Originally posted by tastyt:

i wish...i do have health coverage and i've asked about it but it's not covered, costs like $80 out of pocket.

cwm25.gifcwm25.gif

THAT SUCKS!!! It's the same logic that causes many health ins. companies to pay for an abortion a year but not birth control!!! Hello, where are our priorities??!! cwm23.gifcwm22.gifcwm21.gif

------------------

pussycat.jpg

$60-80 ?...that's how much it costs all of you (without insurance)?....damn.... I guess i got it kind of lucky....being a VET (no, not the pet kind)...it's free for me

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif OBE is a thing of beauty

"You're to old fat man...

...and your tits are too big. Get the fuck off my porch."

Guest xfactor834

Orchid, sweetie, I know that it may be a depressing subject. But you know what's even more depressing? Having unprotected sex with someone who has HIV. Or even worse, getting HIV.

Any sex board should have an HIV thread. It may not be the happiest topic, but it has to be talked about.

Have nice weekends everyone.

- Out.

Originally posted by torontotrance:

See in canada, we have free health care, so I'm tested along with my yearly physical, every year.

Peace

"Well in Canada" waa waa waa...

Yeah, just rub it in our faces, why dontya, how far behind the US is in these matters of social reform???

Everyone sing along!...

USA!

USA!

USA!

cwm20.gif

------------------

pussycat.jpg

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 03-30-2001).]

here's my twisted logic: being tested for it doesn't prevent it, so why spend all that money on testing every six or twelve months as long as you're protecting yourself? the cheapest i've heard of for an HIV test in NY is $60, in Atlanta, it was $30!!!!

i think it would make sense to get tested if you were in a monogomous relationship and decided to have sex without protection.

to *finally* answer the question, it's been about four years since i got tested.