Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Surfcomber Yesterday Sanchez Madness!Could it be as good as it gets in Miami??

Guest tekniQz

Guest tekniQz

Well for me yesterday started out with a what seemed like the worst concievable start.A 5 hour car ride from PB.Essentially running into traffic the entire way there and listening to someone give the worst advice to go down A1A to get to South Beach from Hallandale. >:( >:(Needless to say we left at 1pm and arrived at Surcomber just before 6.I thought that this would have almost ruined the entire day,

man i was wrong!

As soon as we got there, Roger was going off!!Dropping all diffrent genre's.Classic Sanchez set.Everyone was so nice and the vibe was bonkers.So i forgot about the long drive pretty quick.It was one of the best times ive had in a longtime.Minus my girl Karen not being there. :(

Great hangin out with everyone,nice seeing Claudia,Peter,Miriam,Neil,Rachal,Bobby and Dan you are hilarious!!

This party was why Miami is the besty party place in the US.

So everyone tell me your thoughts on the party.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a great time...it was a crazy party...

shining star of the day was patrick m, for sure. he was playing when we got there, played a great set. no one else really did it for me though unfortunately. c&c started good but the wind fell out of their sails it seemed. and roger sanchez kind of all-around sucked, i thought. i just wasn't feeling the tunes in the latter part of the day. must've been the rain.

had to vacate at like 8pm, everyone was starting to freak us out by that point.

it was a lot of fun though...you can't beat a pool party! ;D

Guest tekniQz

sick times lots of t&a!!! jesus!!

Ive never seen anything like that yesterday,the ratios were astounding.Only last year for MORILLO@Nikkis for the 4th party was better.Alittle better. ;)

Guest Fernando A

What a sick party. Place was packed, good people, good vibes, good beats, everyone getting smashed up...doesn't get any better than that! I thought Chus & Ceballos played the best set. Roger was good overall, I thought he started off a little slow but after he dropped "It's all about the house music" turned it up. Smashed it after that.

Great party, great fourth of july.

What a sick party. Place was packed, good people, good vibes, good beats, everyone getting smashed up...doesn't get any better than that! I thought Chus & Ceballos played the best set. Roger was good overall, I thought he started off a little slow but after he dropped "It's all about the house music" turned it up. Smashed it after that.

Great party, great fourth of july.

"great track" its all about house music.. but im guessing he played the harder remix of it... still great song

Guest TaraTaint

So the question is..."Is the Miami EDM scene dead?"

After what I experienced yesterday at the pool party.....i'd say a big HELLZ NO!

I must conclude that yesterday was one of the better parties I have experienced in Miami. Eventhough it was hot as hell and the rain and humidity made for a bad hair, I still managed to dance my ass off and experience a great vibe from everyone.

And, while everyone was drinking nasty ass Bud and Bud Light and paying $7 plus for an energy drink, my friends and I found the the best kept secret of the entire day....just next door they had a 2-for-1 happy hour, clean bathrooms, lovely hammocks and lounge chairs....2 Heinekens for $5.75 and damn good pina coladas....Much better than the pool party for WMC

I will say though that anyone who jumped in that pool, should run to your nearest dr. and get a prescription to get rid of those crabs :-X....I really don't think there was enough chlorine to withstand the given population....I basically saw two people f**king on the stairs of the pool...it was hilarious!!!

Oh and the Space Toes where in full effect!!!

Overall...had a great time!!! ;D

Guest tekniQz

After what I experienced yesterday at the pool party.....i'd say a big HELLZ NO!

I must conclude that yesterday was one of the better parties I have experienced in Miami. Eventhough it was hot as hell and the rain and humidity made for a bad hair, I still managed to dance my ass off and experience a great vibe from everyone.

And, while everyone was drinking nasty ass Bud and Bud Light and paying $7 plus for an energy drink, my friends and I found the the best kept secret of the entire day....just next door they had a 2-for-1 happy hour, clean bathrooms, lovely hammocks and lounge chairs....2 Heinekens for $5.75 and damn good pina coladas....Much better than the pool party for WMC

I will say though that anyone who jumped in that pool, should run to your nearest dr. and get a prescription to get rid of those crabs :-X....I really don't think there was enough chlorine to withstand the given population....I basically saw two people f**king on the stairs of the pool...it was hilarious!!!

I saw it the same way.

Nasty pool though.If you only knew what happened in the pool the Sunday before you might never even step foot near that thing.lol. :o

space toes lol.. yeah but it doesnt count at nikki its a beach.. your allowed to go barefoot :)

Guest lulamishka

Nasty pool though.If you only knew what happened in the pool the Sunday before you might never even step foot near that thing.lol. :o

Oh, c'mon now... you can't say that and not tell us what happened in the pool the previous Sunday!

Yes it's still dead, what you saw yesterday was a successful party for one simply reason, the reason is these pool parties on this scale are rare. But if you tried to do this every week it would tank hard core. Couple this with a mid week holiday and Roger and you got a winning combo, but don't look for LP to do one of these anytime soon outside a holiday.

This is exactly why rock in Miami club would work, if you did them every now and then, they would be slammed full.

Guest mande

I was there for Patrick M's set and Chus & Ceballos. Patrick did a great job and way outshined C&C. Their beats were tired and old and not what I was expecting. Stuck around for half and hour of Rogers set and was not feeling the set. I know I should given him some more time but just didn't feel the place. IMO it was a sausage fest. Too many pumped up guys on steroids and what was up with those amazon women? Did anyone see them. Funny.

Guest pod

In my mind, the Surfcomber is a great place to have it. Nikki's Nikki, but let's be honest, they need to like renovate that place now and not later.

Plus, there's no condos nearby to tell them to turn down the music. It was cranked from start to finish.

Guest ezgoing74

Yes it's still dead, what you saw yesterday was a successful party for one simply reason, the reason is these pool parties on this scale are rare. But if you tried to do this every week it would tank hard core. Couple this with a mid week holiday and Roger and you got a winning combo, but don't look for LP to do one of these anytime soon outside a holiday.

This is exactly why rock in Miami club would work, if you did them every now and then, they would be slammed full.

what happen in that party should happen more often outside WMC. Thats the biggest thing in vegas right now.

I think saturdays in a nice place (no nikki) would be huge.

Guest pod

I think with the proper planning and support, a Rehab style party could work. The hotel loves it, I chatted with the GM for a bit (he singled me out since I had the gear), and he said they were only too happy to have LP there doing an event.

Guest RzO

Oh, c'mon now... you can't say that and not tell us what happened in the pool the previous Sunday!

michelle its something you wouldn't have wanted to know about...ask steve and major, they got there on sunday just in time to see the droppings...lets just say a kid had an accident in the pool :P it was quite a fiasco to see more people just diving in after we knew what had happened. eww!

im sure it was cleaned out by wed, but it made for a funny afternoon on sunday, i think pod may have the pics to prove it lol!

Guest coach

It was certainly... different than we expected. It was like Space terrace afterhours at the pool. Now, I'd have to say, this was an awesome party, slammed, people having fun, going crazy, much drugs being passed around, tons of alcohol consumption, club/hotel/etc making tons of dough, but it really wasn't our thing.

We had a good time because we ran into a lot of friends, but the music was way too harsh, not what I would want to hear at a pool party, though I was obviously WAY in the minority, LOL. I have to admit, I was more expecting something like the Radio 1 party.

The guy/girl ratio was passable early on, maybe 2 guys per girl, but it went up to around 8 guys per girl by late afternoon. Not my thing at all.

I am relatively sure that Jersey had a population of about 3 yesterday because there were more Guidos there than I have ever seen. And, the place was full of meatheads, too. Up until now, I didn't realize those existed in Miami. But, maybe they were all tourists, too. Very unappealing, visually.

I hear ya on the pool. We jumped in early, before it go packed, and it was okay, but after about 3pm, no WAY I'd get into it. We ended up taking a dip in the ocean to cool off later on.

Oh, and HUGE kudos to the team for totally allowing the in-and-out policy! Whoever the guy at the back gate was, someone tell him he did an AWESOME job.

Anyway, a highly successful party, and there is the review for people who don't like all-positive-gushing reviews. Don't say I never did nothin' for ya.

Guest TaraTaint

just curious for all you guys.....

What the hell happens to you all when you see boobs???

I must say that they was a lot of New Jersey silicone in the house yesterday, but you guys are freakin hilarious....when the boobies come out to play it's like you have never seen a set in your life!

BTW...did anyone catch that chick on the rooptop topless....while most girls would be hating right now, I thought she was awesome...seemed very liberated.