The Official CJ BBQ ! reviews

Guest News22

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RzO

great pics diaga, don't remember one of them but thats ok :P

was good to see you and Jennifer and get to hear you play for a little, always quality. 8)

Guest bassdropper

It was really kool to meet some new heads, I danced some, drank some had some good convo. The fire ants werent too friendly. I really enjoyed what Dj Peace played brought some memories for this old skooler. Look forward to meetin ya all again sometime. Juan and Manny were kool even though they arent cooljunkier's yet hopefully they see that we can be kool peeps and will being seeing us again. I just wish that Marina22 would have danced with me...she is sooo f'in fine. Bling is a kool cat glad i got to meet him. Laters...Peace!!

Guest pod

I wouldn't go that far. It was a public park and they could have shut us down just like that. I played nice and so did they. One guy told me 6 PM, but we went 'till nearly 8, with their consent. I give them credit for seeing we were harmless and not getting ornery.

Guest Marina22

I wouldn't go that far. It was a public park and they could have shut us down just like that. I played nice and so did they. One guy told me 6 PM, but we went 'till nearly 8, with their consent. I give them credit for seeing we were harmless and not getting ornery.

Gee that's what I get for listening to Pod, I left cause he said if we didn't in ten mins. our cars would stay overnight.. Oh well, I wanted to go hang with Bassdropper cause he is so fine. :P I forgot I took that pic (me and the boys), fuck! :-[ In the words of NWA "fuck fuck fuck the police". ;D

Guest pod

My only "gripe" per se with them was the differing times. One guy said six, another said 7:30, and still another said 8. We ended up getting out at 7:30.

Guest bassdropper

well i am mean f them all in general anyways.

Guest bassdropper

i guess one thing that i would have liked is if one than one person was dancing, i thought that is why we are here. and by the way who is the albert einstein that brought those 2 girls from O-town(bright move..pause...NOT!)

Guest obby

A big thank you to POD for putting this together, to all the DJs that provided the sounds, to everyone who brought food and beverages, and a special thanks to whoever brought the Newcastle ;D.

;D

T...........I want more ciello!!!!!!!

Guest coach

Who was there to dance? I was there to stuff my face w/ BBQ, hang out with friends in an environment where I could actually here them, listen to some good choons dropped by some of my favorite DJs, and meet some cool new folks.

My only "gripe" per se with them was the differing times. One guy said six, another said 7:30, and still another said 8. We ended up getting out at 7:30.

did u know about that b4 u planned the bbq? that they would prob shut it down between 6-8pm? since it was at a park.

would u plan doing the next one at a park again? or maybe reconsider it and doing at someone's house for instance the last bbq's at flips? and the other dude in davie/weston i believe...not at their house, but at someone's house so the party won't get shut down 4 hours after people show up.

Guest pod

I can't organize one at a house for liability reasons. I'm sure most house parties go off without a hitch, but if there was a 'problem' at a house party which was officially endorsed by the site, that could become a serious furball which I'm in no mood to deal with. In a public place, things are more controlled by default.

I knew the PD would show to shut it down around sunset, which they did, and which I posted originally, I said from "2 PM till civil sunset", which is about what we got. No one showed up till 3 anyway. I knew we had to be out by 8, and the sound tech came at 7 to get the gear, and gave us till 7:30 since he wasn't in a rush, and we needed a half-hour to clean up anyways.

This wasn't intended from the get-go to be an all-day/all-night thing. My intention was to provide a daytime event where people could eat, enjoy some food, drinks, and music. Whatever they did afterwards was none of my concern.

Guest coach

Yep, it worked just like you said, actually. I think the main reason it didn't happen at someone's house was because no one offered to host and organize it.

Guest bassdropper

Who was there to dance? I was there to stuff my face w/ BBQ, hang out with friends in an environment where I could actually here them, listen to some good choons dropped by some of my favorite DJs, and meet some cool new folks.

I didnt go there to only dance either but hey when i hear a good beat just wanna move my feet, and if they are some of your favorite dj's what better way to say thank you but to dance to the beats they are dropping, and yes i did meet some kool peeps and get a drink on.

Guest mjm420

Nice to see others jumping on the Hobie Beach bashes. What did u guys use to power up the equipment??

I came across the same problem with the police the last time.

Funny thing is I've done other jams there with some of the CJ peeps bout a year ago & other times & never had a problem.

For some odd reason they gave us & you guys a run around as well this time around..

Also suggestion for your next bbq.

The spot to consider which has plenty of shade all day long is the beach area that is right b4 u exit Key biscayne. If u are leaving from the spot u had the bbq it's on the right side b4 the exit.

We did one there for memorial day weekend & had 5 different City of Miami police come by & never even looked twice at us. Didn't even stop to ask or give us a hard time.

We wanted to see how long we could go. Pulled the plug @ 10pm. We could've still kept going but fuel ran low on my generator.

If you guys do this again hit me up... I'll pitch in my generator. Just need a truck to transport it.

8)

Guest pod

Cool deal, Manny. What I think attracted them was the fact we had a fairly large sound system. Not that they were a problem at all in the end, as we went till pretty much the time I wanted to anyway. I just got mixed messages in the beginning.

The generator was a 6KW Honda.

Guest Devilicious

A big thank you to POD for putting this together, to all the DJs that provided the sounds, to everyone who brought food and beverages, and a special thanks to whoever brought the Newcastle ;D.

;D

I'm glad to hear another tequila connoisseur enjoys it as much as I do!

http://www.handcraftedtequila.com/HomePage.htm

I had the blanco, one of the smoothest I've ever tasted.

Cheers!

Guest tekniQz

;D

Cheers!

It was nice to meet you this weekend Devilicious.It was like the 5th time we've met but its cool because its like the 1st time we meet each time. ;D

Guest Dj_Peace

;D

Cheers!

Thanks from me as well....typically not a tequila drinker but I must agree that being served such a deliciously smooth spirit from such a beautiful spirit added to the enjoyment of the drink! Thanks for introducing me to Cielo and thanks even more for sharing!