Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why doesn't Miami book Hip hop Guest Dj's

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

I have always wondered this...wondered why it isn't it done more.

There are so many good Hip hop Dj's that will blow any resident Dj down here out the water. Its done in EDM a lot more but with Hip hop it will make the party 10 times better.

Guys like Dj. Red Alert, Dj Premier, Funk Flex, Dj Magic Mike or guys like Clinton Sparks, Dj Drama, Whoo Kid or even Tony Touch will drop a bom on them..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aj2234

There are so many good Hip hop Dj's that will blow any resident Dj down here out the water. Its done in EDM a lot more but with Hip hop it will make the party 10 times better.

Guys like Dj. Red Alert' date=' Dj Premier, Funk Flex, Dj Magic Mike or guys like Clinton Sparks, Dj Drama, Whoo Kid or even Tony Touch will drop a bom on them..

[/quote']

weve booked many of those. we also have coming up ztrip,roc raida,craze, atrak and nu mark.

Guest Buck White

Guys like Dj. Red Alert, Dj Premier, Funk Flex, Dj Magic Mike or guys like Clinton Sparks, Dj Drama, Whoo Kid or even Tony Touch will drop a bom on them..

weve booked many of those.

Where ?

Guest LdySphynx

Besides I find it very to hard to believe that Miami would book HIP HOP DJs considering that it is a CITY(a none living thing).

So GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!

;)

Guest LeVeL

Where ?

Exactly...where because I have yet to see any of those Dj' booked anywhere here aside from Red Alert who played a guest mix @ Crobar about 2 years ago on their Sunday Hip Hop Party.

Guest pod

Because it's simply not worth it.

The crowd that goes out to events where the DJ is playing hip-hop aren't hip-hop fans per se. They're popular music fans, and the hip-hop DJ is playing popular hip-hop tunes.

The market for people who actively seek hip-hop DJs in specifc is smaller than the dance music market.

Guest aj2234

Guys like Dj. Red Alert' date=' Dj Premier, Funk Flex, Dj Magic Mike or guys like Clinton Sparks, Dj Drama, Whoo Kid or even Tony Touch will drop a bom on them..

[/quote']

Where ?

Exactly...where because I have yet to see any of those Dj' booked anywhere here aside from Red Alert who played a guest mix @ Crobar about 2 years ago on their Sunday Hip Hop Party.

magic mike @ revolution.

tony touch at i/o

red alert at i/0

ztrip at revolution and studio a

scratch perverts at studio a

atrak at studio a

roc raida and craze studio a.

and if you're really craving good hip-hop were producing this:

4186.jpg

Guest LeVeL

Where ?

magic mike @ revolution.

tony touch at i/o

red alert at i/0

ztrip at revolution and studio a

scratch perverts at studio a

atrak at studio a

roc raida and craze studio a.

and if you're really craving good hip-hop were producing this:

4186.jpg

Ohh man..I am totally feeling that event..but hey AJ you need to promote these Hip Hop Event on here...I wanna get familiar..lol

Good Looking out...

Guest pod

Sponsored by Smith and Wesson?

S & W tends to be used by the more redneck crowd. GLOCK is popular in thugland.

Guest CROWN-ONE

I mean why pay someone 10 as much to play the same records a local would?

NFA used to bring those big names all the time.

Guest slamminshaun

Because most people who go to the hip-hop clubs can't tell the difference between DJ Red Alert or DJ Ipod. Any Joe Blow can be a hip-hop DJ. Come to my hometown and I'll prove it to you.

Guest pod

Exactly. Like I said before, the fanbase for people who appreciate a hip-hop DJ with real skills is smaller than the people who appreciate dance music DJs.

That being said, people like Radamas, Cardi, Ariel G, Irie, do have real talent behind the decks, and play major venues.

But to book people like Red Alert and so forth is a waste of money since there's maybe five people in a given crowd who would notice.

It's not like where you book PvD and slam a club.

Guest Buck White

Sponsored by Smith and Wesson?

GLOCK is popular in thugland.

And not a one can shoot straight.

Guest aj2234

Because most people who go to the hip-hop clubs can't tell the difference between DJ Red Alert or DJ Ipod. Any Joe Blow can be a hip-hop DJ. Come to my hometown and I'll prove it to you.

any joe blow can dj house, hip hop or anything else. its when you get to real talented djs like craze, atrak and ztrip where they make the turntable an instrument that you can see what real talent behind the decks is.

Guest pod

Well, I don't consider those three hip-hop DJs. I consider them turntablists. They use hip-hop beats as their scratching medium ;D

Guest slamminshaun

any joe blow can dj house, hip hop or anything else. its when you get to real talented djs like craze, atrak and ztrip where they make the turntable an instrument that you can see what real talent behind the decks is.

Sorry, but NOT any Joe Blow can pack a club with house music. Mixing hip-hop only requires that you pick out what's popluar and push the play button. There's a deejay locally that comes to mind. He's NEVER deejayed in his life and he plays for a PACKED house every Friday. He's a hip-hop dj who has ZERO technical ability and even jokes about it. All he does is download the radio station's top 20 chart to his Ipod and away he goes.....

See what happens when a house music deejay has ZERO technical ability, he has ZERO people in the club. I understand technical ability like Craze, etc. But their technical ability is not necessary, whereas, with a house deejay it's a prerequisite.