Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why doesn't Miami book Hip hop Guest Dj's

Guest LeVeL

Guest myles hie

Oh totally, the differences are there. Whereas dance music, if it has any vocals at all, rarely alludes to sex or drug use, the unfortunate majority of hip-hop out there today tends to glorify drug use and violence and bad sex, drowning out the hip-hop that sends a positive message.

Unfortunetly alot of hip hop artists due resort to using those topics too often in thier music and message. It's easy to ryhme about those things then it is to write about something else. Its the tail wagging the dog at this point :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slamminshaun

I'm not saying ghetto blasters and parachutte pants are a prerequisite for being "real" hip-hop, sure it evolves. What I am saying is that the bling-bling style of rap is following a very similar course to the bling-bling style of heavy metal in the late 80s. The music actually became the very thing it was supposed to provide people an escape from. Rap provides no escape, it's message is course and meaningless. It ceased to be urban poetry and is nothing more than commercial materialism run wild. Everything evolves, but evolving doesn't mean you must forfeit your identity.

Guest myles hie

But when it comes down to the whole Hip Hop says this and that, well there are EDM songs tha promote sex and drug use(ALOT)!!!

put yo money where yo mouth is.

name 3 dance music songs that promote sex and drug use.

Hahahahahahahahaha, are you fucking serious...dude do not kid yourself and accept what it is, and I suppose you are also going to tell me that there is no drug use in the EDM scene as well.

Dude go crawl back under the rock you climb out of, cause you obviously have no clue as to what your saying let alone talking about.

But just to make you look stupid I will answer:

1.Fucking you Makes me Bilingual

2.I got the Pill

3. Disco Shit(This is pure grade a Colombian cocaine this is disco shit)

4. Sex anytime anywhere right now oh yeah

5.Orgasm

Do you really want me to continue?

Add mine to what Dan wrote makes eight, need I say more?

How about actual song titles instead of movie samples and vocal snippets you retard.

Hahahahahahahaha, the truth hurts don't it!!!

Dude, I proved my point...now prove yours!!!!

Ooooooooooooh he called me a retard, oh wow that hurt. boohoohoo.. ::)

Looks like somebody is still stuck in Elementary School.

And ummmm if you know your shit you'd notice there are song titles there.

The retard comment wasn't a juvenile attempt at name calling, i truely believe after reading your numerous posts recently in different threads that you are indeed mentally challenged.

For shits and giggles lets look at your song responses that you are so proud of..

1.Fucking you Makes me Bilingual- hmm sounds like it could be a song title or a spoken/sung part of a song. I'll give you a 1/2 point unless you can name the artist and song.

2.I got the Pill- Like Level pointed out, the song is called "Dancin'" by Harry Choo Choo. and the vocal is about some whiny DJ groupie and her trying to get to the DJ but to no avail. So really its about a dumb slut who nobody wants to see with a pocket full of pills. I'll guve you a 1/2 point on that.

3. Disco Shit(This is pure grade a Colombian cocaine this is disco shit)-Sample from the movie Blow. 0 points

4. Sex anytime anywhere right now oh yeah-Some female vocal sample from who knows where. 0 points

5.Orgasm- DJ Lace -1996 You get 1 point.

So out of your 5 you actually only get 2. None of these are songs actually written for the words they use. But i'll be fair and say since they are dance tracks that have these phrases in them then some dance music does have some explicit content.

Guest LdySphynx

But when it comes down to the whole Hip Hop says this and that, well there are EDM songs tha promote sex and drug use(ALOT)!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha, are you fucking serious...dude do not kid yourself and accept what it is, and I suppose you are also going to tell me that there is no drug use in the EDM scene as well.

Dude go crawl back under the rock you climb out of, cause you obviously have no clue as to what your saying let alone talking about.

2.I got the Pill

5.Orgasm

How about actual song titles instead of movie samples and vocal snippets you retard.

The retard comment wasn't a juvenile attempt at name calling, i truely believe after reading your numerous posts recently in different threads that you are indeed mentally challenged.

For shits and giggles lets look at your song responses that you are so proud of..

1.Fucking you Makes me Bilingual- hmm sounds like it could be a song title or a spoken/sung part of a song. I'll give you a 1/2 point unless you can name the artist and song.

2.I got the Pill- Like Level pointed out, the song is called "Dancin'" by Harry Choo Choo. and the vocal is about some whiny DJ groupie and her trying to get to the DJ but to no avail. So really its about a dumb slut who nobody wants to see with a pocket full of pills. I'll guve you a 1/2 point on that.

3. Disco Shit(This is pure grade a Colombian cocaine this is disco shit)-Sample from the movie Blow. 0 points

4. Sex anytime anywhere right now oh yeah-Some female vocal sample from who knows where. 0 points

So out of your 5 you actually only get 2. None of these are songs actually written for the words they use. But i'll be fair and say since they are dance tracks that have these phrases in them then some dance music does have some explicit content.

Yeah ok there buddy boy, those so call "vocals" are part of dance songs that people party too all the time or used to be.

So yeah whatever you say, thumbs up to you :-*.

Guest Buck White

I think Myles point was that you can't really name off explicit tracks ,ad nauseum, with dance......the way you can with hip hop.

Here's my contribution. I really had to brainstorm, though.

1. Fuck Sonnet - John Creamer

2. The K Song - PQM

3. Wayne G - Ketamine Angels

Guest LdySphynx

I think Myles point was that you can't really name off explicit tracks ,ad nauseum, with dance......the way you can with hip hop.

Here's my contribution. I really had to brainstorm, though.

1. Fuck Sonnet - John Creamer

2. The K Song - PQM

3. Wayne G - Ketamine Angels

Ok I can clearly see your point at least the way you explained it...but to state that there are NO SONGS in EDM that promote SEX and DRUGS is plain out wrong.

Which is the point I tried to make and he didn't seem to understand or whatever.

Guest coach

Wow, dude. You're seriously embarrassing yourself here. If you only knew...

Guest LdySphynx

Let him be coach ;).

Not everyone has had the chance.

Guest eroc0411

WOW i cant beleive no has mentiouned Johnny Vicious - Ecstasy

(The song that started it all for me)

DJ Yoeri - Fuck On Cocaine

hmmm a sexual song...

lil' louis... French Kiss... i wonder what all that moaning is about?

Guest Willie Morales

2.I got the Pill

5.Orgasm

#1 Jose Nunez - "Bilingual" On Subliminal Records

#3 disco shit is the name of the track.... not sure of the artist i have a white label of this....

#4 Robbie Rivera - Sex on SFP Records (Male Vocal) by Billy Paul

#5 probably Orgasm by Thick Dick On Sondos

some more tracks

Radioacitve Goldfish - "LSD is the Bomb"

Renegade Sound Wave - "Cocaine Sex"

Who's Who - "Sexy Fuck"

DJ EFX - "Is It Like My Dildo"

Tom Neville - "Just Fuck"

Guest lyrik

Sweet Pussy Pauline (the most obvious)

Sneak - The Gas

AVH - Entra Mi Casa (off the 2 future 4 u double pack)...

ANYTHING BY DJ ASSUALT, DJ FUNK, DJ SLUGGO

Assualt - Ass and Titties

There are a ton of or dance trakcs that glorify drugs and sex...not so much violence though.

Guest Buck White

AVH - Entra Mi Casa

Assualt - Ass and Titties

Great tracks. I completely forgot about these. Ass and titties, ass and titties, ass ass titties titties, ass and titties. And then "Entra".....best track Armand's ever done.

Guest myles hie

What don't i know? she has 5k posts so she has been on the forum for awhile and she's friends with most of you? After you reach a certain post count you are immune to being questioned?

I guess my point was lost, but Buck seemed to find it.

Guest myles hie

LOL, well myles what about now ::)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh and how can I forget about

Tweakin- Thick Dick

I never said there was none with sex and drug references. I asked you to name 3, and you couldn't. I'll give you an extra point for the Thick Dick track.

Guest LdySphynx

What don't i know? she has 5k posts so she has been on the forum for awhile and she's friends with most of you? After you reach a certain post count you are immune to being questioned?

Well let's say I didn't prove you wrong ::), but other people sure the hell did...or are you also going to go on a your little "point" system with them as well.

What Coach meant by that is that you have no idea who I am nor what I know...and that you look very stupid making a remark like that when you don't even know who is the person behind the board, oh and the post count has nothing to do with the friends you make!!!

Guest LdySphynx

2.I got the Pill

5.Orgasm

#1 Jose Nunez - "Bilingual" On Subliminal Records

#3 disco shit is the name of the track.... not sure of the artist i have a white label of this....

#4 Robbie Rivera - Sex on SFP Records (Male Vocal) by Billy Paul

#5 probably Orgasm by Thick Dick On Sondos

Honey honey honey, when I posted my SONGS, I told you that if you looked closely there were TRACK NAMES on what I had written...you were just soooooooooo caught up in making me try to look bad that you forget to see it.

But as Willie Morales pointed out they were the TRACK NAMES to the songs I gave you.

Guest myles hie

Well let's say I didn't prove you wrong ::), but other people sure the hell did...or are you also going to go on a your little "point" system with them as well.

Once again, the point was to have you name them. Everybody else was dead on.

What Coach meant by that is that you have no idea who I am nor what I know...and that you look very stupid making a remark like that when you don't even know who is the person behind the board, oh and the post count has nothing to do with the friends you make!!!

You could be the smartest, coolest person in the world, but your posts make you look like an idiot.

Guest LdySphynx

Once again, the point was to have you name them. Everybody else was dead on.

You could be the smartest, coolest person in the world, but your posts make you look like an idiot.

Ok babe whatever you say ;)

Guest coach

Uh... yeah... See, you fell for it. That's what I'm trying to say. If you knew her, you'd realize she's just funnin' with ya. It's the same thing when people get all riled up about Barbarino.

Guest Buck White

Uh... yeah... See, you fell for it. That's what I'm trying to say. If you knew her, you'd realize she's just funnin' with ya. It's the same thing when people get all riled up about Barbarino.

But...with Butterf*ck...it's more of a remedial wit. Just firing off racist and misogynistic posts....whilst making egregious spelling errors

while he's doing it...is annoying. He's like that whore mosquito that just wont die.

Guest Marina22

I have always wondered this...wondered why it isn't it done more.

There are so many good Hip hop Dj's that will blow any resident Dj down here out the water. Its done in EDM a lot more but with Hip hop it will make the party 10 times better.

Guys like Dj. Red Alert' date=' Dj Premier, Funk Flex, Dj Magic Mike or guys like Clinton Sparks, Dj Drama, Whoo Kid or even Tony Touch will drop a bom on them..

[/quote']

Haven't read this whole thing yet but Tony Touch is the shit and funny as hell too. ;)

DJ's dont have talent unless they make the turntable the actual instrument.. only DJ's i respect are turntablist...

Put any 2 good house dj's behind a curtain and you wont tell a who the fuck is playing. Im not saying anyone can dj.. it takes SKILL not talent..

Talent is someone who rocks the crowd with thier voice or actually plays an instrument.

/END THREAD/