Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any advice for a Non-Spanish speaking guy *The Followup*

Guest tekniQz

So this weekend im going to my girls family party.Im really looking forward to it because i really like this girl and i want this to go well, but the problem is i dont speak Spanish.Im worried about what to say.I think that only some speak English.I love most parents and normally they love me but im worried maybe the English barrier might throw me a curveball.So if anyone has any advice id like to hear it.Maybe you guys mighthave a couple of things to say. I understand that this could get funny so im deffinitly prepared.So let me have it. :D

just yell cono! every 5 minutes -

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tekniQz

I dated a guy for about a year whos family only spoke spanish. My best advice is smile, be friendly and try your best to communicate via spanglish or sign language, lol. They can't be upset with you for not speaking spanish. My ex's family loved me and we were hardly able to talk to each other, lol.

Ya i know a little bit of Spanish(and i mean a little,pretty much whats on the Taco Bell menu)j/k.

So that might be my saving grace so to spaek but im worried that i will botch a word or 2 and just sound stupid y'know.I dont want that.Cus im not stupid.

But do u guys know what i mean by that??Like y'know how if you get someone who doesnt speak English you kinda think of them as slow.Not like a true stupid person but yknow what i mean,im not saying it in a negative way.Its probably a stupid way of thinking but i think everyone does it to some degree.

Guest tekniQz

Don't go.

That was actually as much as i like this girl a real legitimate choice,but she is really excited about this so i have to go.Im kinda looking forward to it in some ways.

Guest Marina22

I dated a guy for about a year whos family only spoke spanish. My best advice is smile, be friendly and try your best to communicate via spanglish or sign language, lol. They can't be upset with you for not speaking spanish. My ex's family loved me and we were hardly able to talk to each other, lol.

Ya i know a little bit of Spanish(and i mean a little,pretty much whats on the Taco Bell menu)j/k.

So that might be my saving grace so to spaek but im worried that i will botch a word or 2 and just sound stupid y'know.I dont want that.Cus im not stupid.

But do u guys know what i mean by that??Like y'know how if you get someone who doesnt speak English you kinda think of them as slow.Not like a true stupid person but yknow what i mean,im not saying it in a negative way.Its probably a stupid way of thinking but i think everyone does it to some degree.

Well, I'm impressed that you even have thought about this that much but maybe even a bit too much.. Regardless, they will know some English and then you use your lil' bit of Spanish and the rest is all manners. If you plan on being with this girl for the long run, learning Spanish is going to be better since it will be easier to learn cause of her helping you. Just gave my bf the Spanish/English dictionary I wasn't using and he was having a ball. ;)

Guest tekniQz

Well, I'm impressed that you even have thought about this that much but maybe even a bit too much.. Regardless, they will know some English and then you use your lil' bit of Spanish and the rest is all manners. If you plan on being with this girl for the long run, learning Spanish is going to be better since it will be easier to learn cause of her helping you. Just gave my bf the Spanish/English dictionary I wasn't using and he was having a ball. ;)

Ya i always tend to think too far into things,thats me in a nutshell.

Thats a good one about the Spanish dictionary.I think im going to go by Barnes and Nobles on the way home.I was actually thinking about that. ;D

Guest frankthetank

Don't get the barron's visual reference guide. A lot of the phrases and words are incorrect. Although some of the pages are quite comical. Close but not right according to my Colombian friends.

Just curious, where is she from or where are her parents from?

make sure you tell her mother..."Este cena fue maravillosa"

your girlfriend..."Te Amo"

and her father "Tu hija es maravillosa en cama" ;D

Post a pic of the chick..

I wouldn't go, your problems are not relegated to this meeting but all future meetings, it's gonna suck now and suck even worse later on.

This was a problem in my last relationship, the girl was da bomb (miss her) but her family didn't speak english and I knew they would judge me because of that, so I refused to meet them.

Guest tekniQz

Don't get the barron's visual reference guide. A lot of the phrases and words are incorrect. Although some of the pages are quite comical. Close but not right according to my Colombian friends.

Nice dude im writing those phrases down as we speak.Her family is from Guayaquil,Ecuador.(I think thats how you spell it)Ive read alittle about it but maybe if any of you have been there or know anything about it maybe you could help.

I really appreciate all the great advice about this guys,i wanted to get advice from people with neutral stances that didnt really know me because my friends are well,you know guys who are crazy and they are great people but really give well lets say unpractical advice persay and they are as white and English speaking as i am. ::)lol

Guest lulamishka

Nice dude im writing those phrases down as we speak.Her family is from Guayaquil,Ecuador.(I think thats how you spell it)Ive read alittle about it but maybe if any of you have been there or know anything about it maybe you could help.

I really appreciate all the great advice about this guys,i wanted to get advice from people with neutral stances that didnt really know me because my friends are well,you know guys who are crazy and they are great people but really give well lets say unpractical advice persay and they are as white and English speaking as i am. ::)lol

OMG do NOT copy down that last phrase he gave you to say to her father!!! LOL

Guest frankthetank

Yah I was just joking about the phrase about the father. In english it stated "Your daughter is wonderful in bed" ;D

The other two are legit. (to your girlfriend and mother)

And by the way I am as gringo and English speaking as they come. Just happened to pick up spanish over the years especially a lot in the last year from two trips to Colombia.

tek if you learn one word of spanish, you are sell out pussy whipped fucking loser. Be a man, tell these fucking Taco Bell drive thru employees to learn fucking English!

Also tell your chick this: There are two types of girls, those who like it up the ass and those who don't know yet they are going to love it up the ass.

Set the tone with this slut bag, if you don't you will be "that guy" forever, the guy who spends his weekends learning Spanish and watching Telemundo.

UBER LAME!

Guest Buck White

Post a pic of the chick..

I wouldn't go, your problems are not relegated to this meeting but all future meetings, it's gonna suck now and suck even worse later on.

This was a problem in my last relationship, the girl was da bomb (miss her) but her family didn't speak english and I knew they would judge me because of that, so I refused to meet them.

Yeah...listen to our resident svengali ova here.

Guest tekniQz

tek if you learn one word of spanish, you are sell out pussy whipped fucking loser. Be a man, tell these fucking Taco Bell drive thru employees to learn fucking English!

Also tell your chick this: There are two types of girls, those who like it up the ass and those who don't know yet they are going to love it up the ass.

Set the tone with this slut bag, if you don't you will be "that guy" forever, the guy who spends his weekends learning Spanish and watching Telemundo.

UBER LAME!

I feel where your coming from man.Im not going teen date movie or anything man "TRUST ME".I just actually do like this chick as fucked as that sounds coming out of my mouth and i kinda want to not necassarily start speaking Spanish but just know a little to get along,you need to know i have no clue about Spanish i am below a novice.

Although i will throw "the up the ass" phrase

to her in passing.lol

Guest tekniQz

Yah I was just joking about the phrase about the father. In english it stated "Your daughter is wonderful in bed" ;D

The other two are legit. (to your girlfriend and mother)

And by the way I am as gringo and English speaking as they come. Just happened to pick up spanish over the years especially a lot in the last year from two trips to Colombia.

Thank's alot Frank.lol

The other 2 are good though dude.

Im still going to keep the "Daughter's good in bed" line for use if things go wrong.Like the glass case with a fire extinguisher in it.lol

Guest frankthetank

UBER LAME!

Don't listen to this ignorance. Even if things don't go well with this girl in the long run your learning spanish. If you love latin chicks like I do, opens more doors. ;D

LATINAS take care of their men much better than most American women. (unless they have been Americanized) The two most important spanish words...

necesito = I NEED

Quiero = I WANT ;D

Guest LeVeL

UBER LAME!

I feel where your coming from man.Im not going teen date movie or anything man "TRUST ME".I just actually do like this chick as fucked as that sounds coming out of my mouth and i kinda want to not necassarily start speaking Spanish but just know a little to get along,you need to know i have no clue about Spanish i am below a novice.

Although i will throw "the up the ass" phrase

to her in passing.lol

You know I actually agree with Barbarino on this one..me being latin I had had family member's who have dated whites and they always tend to be so Pussy whooped its hilarious. They try their best to make a good impression on the family and they actually go out of their way to learn Spanish even and yes its true and in the end they end up watching Univision and Telemundo.

Its weird but when a white guy gets with a latin girl they are so whooped that they end up being the butt of jokes for the rest of the family. Basically the do-boy of the family.

Guest LeVeL

Tek just be you and let her be her, dont change for anyone. I have met couples that dont know each others languages but still find a way to communicate and love each other.

Guest Electric Eel

They aren't going to laugh at you for trying. The worst that can happen is that they teach you the right way to say something

Guest coach

Just make sure you get the paypack for all this work. And listen to Barbarino about the ass thing, he's exactly right.