Clubplanet Nightlife Community

From Activist Raver to Tourist Raver AKA Why Talk Sh*t?

Guest NicoleC

Guest JustDade

What I don't get is the whole idea that there is more to everything than just what it is. Why does the whole exercise of going out for a few drinks have to be so complicated? Why is it that you just can't have fun and dance? Why does there have to be PLUR and a hidden meaning to the music? If your grocer said something bad about you would you quit eating due to lack of grocery PLUR?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slamminshaun

What I don't get is the whole idea that there is more to everything than just what it is. Why does the whole exercise of going out for a few drinks have to be so complicated? Why is it that you just can't have fun and dance? Why does there have to be PLUR and a hidden meaning to the music? If your grocer said something bad about you would you quit eating due to lack of grocery PLUR?

LOL!

I choose not go out anymore to clubs because everything where I am is infected with the gangsta, bling-bling element. Not my cup of tea.

Guest pod

David,

Proper sound system?

We have some of the best club sound engineers in the world in Miami:

Lord Toussaint (Infinite Audio)

LP

Dan Agne (Sound Investment)

David Padilla

Carlos Henao

Drew Bongiorno

And the techs who maintain the installs...

Yeah, we maybe "lack" in DJ talent, but our homegrown DJs are phenomenal in my mind. I went to Stryke and Friends, and I heard some serious skills there. Those kids need promotion.

Nevermind our established friends. They kick ass. I know you don't like trance, but I'll gladly say Edgar and George regulated last night, nevermind a New York acquaintance of ours from the days when you worked with me had a blast.

Guest musicalmissionary

David,

Proper sound system?

We have some of the best club sound engineers in the world in Miami:

Lord Toussaint (Infinite Audio)

LP

Dan Agne (Sound Investment)

David Padilla

Carlos Henao

Drew Bongiorno

And the techs who maintain the installs...

Yeah, we maybe "lack" in DJ talent, but our homegrown DJs are phenomenal in my mind. I went to Stryke and Friends, and I heard some serious skills there. Those kids need promotion.

Nevermind our established friends. They kick ass. I know you don't like trance, but I'll gladly say Edgar and George regulated last night, nevermind a New York acquaintance of ours from the days when you worked with me had a blast.

Dude, relax... In no way was I dogging sound systems here in Miami. My point was that when all the factors combine in top form (preferred DJ, sound, crowd) it is an experience worth traveling for. That's all. No need to get defensive.

Guest pod

That's all. No need to get defensive.

Look at the timestamp. I was drunk. Probably still am. I have funny stories though, so it was worth it.

Guest Mattivi

Padilla, RESPECT!

you have an impressive run of 2 words per post going on Harold, keep up the good work ;D

Guest Josh Wickham

PLUR is an anachronism from the late 20th. It's been replaced by asshole photographers and rifle-toting Mexicans. ;D

ROFL

You just cheered up my Monday morning...too funny.

-josh

Guest Jason_B

New York

Sept 14th – Underworld and James Holden in Central Park

Sept 15th – Pig&Dan

Im seriously thinking about going to NY in these dates. Do you know the venue for the Pig & Dan party?

Guest endymion

Nicole, have you ever attended service at a black gospel church? You might want to check one out some time. PLUR is alive and well during every gospel sermon. Music, dancing like nobody is watching, singing like nobody is listening, loving like you've never been hurt, and a bunch of people to share it with you. People who don't even need drugs to understand why peace, love, unity and respect are all good things.

Yes, I am absolutely serious. No, I am not being sarcastic or insulting you. I'm a former Florida raver who is apparently around your age who completely understands what you mean when you say you still haven't found what you're looking for. I think that's because you're still wasting your time looking for it in nightclubs.

Guest frankthetank

1. Keep doing what you're doing. Nothing wrong with it.

2. Don't take life so seriously.

3. Lord loves a workin' girl

4. Don't trust Whitey

5. See a doctor and get rid of it.

;D

She's no great peace of ass!

Guest rhythmburn

1. Keep doing what you're doing. Nothing wrong with it.

2. Don't take life so seriously.

3. Lord loves a workin' girl

4. Don't trust Whitey

5. See a doctor and get rid of it.

;D

She's no great peace of ass!

We got you something, too. A half bottle of lilac vegetal. It's from both of us.

Guest swank

Nicole, have you ever attended service at a black gospel church? You might want to check one out some time. PLUR is alive and well during every gospel sermon. Music, dancing like nobody is watching, singing like nobody is listening, loving like you've never been hurt, and a bunch of people to share it with you. People who don't even need drugs to understand why peace, love, unity and respect are all good things.

Yes, I am absolutely serious. No, I am not being sarcastic or insulting you. I'm a former Florida raver who is apparently around your age who completely understands what you mean when you say you still haven't found what you're looking for. I think that's because you're still wasting your time looking for it in nightclubs.

Like this... ;)

f3DVSglw7X0

Guest Sela V

Like this... ;)

f3DVSglw7X0

Brillant!

Like this... ;)

f3DVSglw7X0

ummm......i prefer the songs about sex & drugs. :)

Guest Marina22

Like this... ;)

f3DVSglw7X0

ummm......i prefer the songs about sex & drugs. :)

Ha ha, yeah not my cup of tea either.. I need something a little more bass heavy and dirty.

Guest pod

Dirty how?

Well, the dirty sounds can be traced to what was being performed in that video. Then beyond that, back to disco. ;D

Guest Marina22

Dirty how?

Well, the dirty sounds can be traced to what was being performed in that video. Then beyond that, back to disco. ;D

More techno, more edge, less vocals, just hard bangin' stuff and more funk.. Yes, the roots and all blah, blah, blah... :P