Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bliss@groovejet 10 year reunion tonight!!!!

Guest djjoncowan

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diaga

Thank you Jon (Cowan for your A+ attention) Talmage & Major for a great night. Nice meeting Dave Seaman (GU Buenos Aires in full efx). Also Nick McCabe , & Dan always a pleasure to hang like the good old days (Dan Post my chart asap LOL) Carlos F , Chbale & the 629587056170 pep I forgot, Cheers !,

Diaga

Guest djjoncowan

great seeing so many faces that there are way to many to name. the cooljunkie crew was in full force and faces emerged out of the wood works that I literally haven't seen in 10 yrs or so... dave seaman killed it last night - a mix of old and new tunes done too perfection.. nice to see a full dancefloor with the lights on at 5am in miami with the chant for one more tune over and over again - it really felt like the bliss events during the groovejet days.... really nice to play vinyl again as well playing music from days past that really brought back some special memories. as always it was also an honor and pleasure to do the last hour and a half or so tagging with dave just as we used to at groovejet and crobar... I would like to thank everyone for the overwealming support last night.... hope to see you all sarturday sept 29 for KASKADE plus lust4house DJ's vaughn lazar, sheldon prince, and jason wiggil.

tickets are up now for reduced presale rates at www.wanttickets.com/shine

ps - myles to answer your hint - dave and I spoke last night after the success we had to actually try and resurect the residency. It won't be a monthly again but you will be seeing his bald head around these parts on a regular basis again... at least 3 or 4 times a yr. we will announce the next bliss reunion with dave and I soon but it will be sometime in december or january ;) ;) ;) - we also enjoyed playing a mix of classics and newer stuff so much that we want your input but are considering to incorperate that format into all the reunions with dave and I - thoughts?

Guest musicalmissionary

Last night (which is still going for me) WAS SIMPLY FUCKIN AWESOME. Not quite sure how it all ended but I'm alive and that's all that matters.

And thanks to Jon and crew for lookin after my girl this morning while I came back to reality. Jon... I'm Roa's "friend that disappeared"

What could be better after a night like last night than being woken up by a phone call from Justin Martin saying he's stranded in Miami for the night and he wants to party... good times...

Guest RzO

i finally just woke up from last nite still being awake since i had to book from the afterparty to a family function in port saint lucie in which i looked like hell at and caught shit from everyone there. heh

What a great nite, I haven't had that much fun in quite a while. Dave played such a great lil mix there, it really reminded me of a set I would of heard a while back. Jon, you indeed were great but I told you at your house, the tag team was my favorite! It was so nice to see such a great turnout, that shows alot for the sound and that the interest is still always around.

Shine was as always amazing, sound was great, tal and major of course were awesome. Major, I need to find out what happened to you after. Of course Jon, you are the one for the ultimate thanks for putting this together and making it a HUGE success, thanks again for everything, wish i could of stayed longer after but had to be to the grandpas bday, was nice to meet your girl and cool pets. :)

To everyone that came out, i know you all had fun, shit i bumped into alot of people, i don't remember alot, as the drinking started for me at 5 on friday and didn't end till around 9 last nite when i passed out at my mom's house cause i couldn't drive myself home. Can't wait to do this one again! ;D

Guest meta

sorry i am a bit late on this. But thank you jon for all the hospitality. I really had a good time. Luis was playing dome nice proggy tracks from back in the day. Jon & Dave Seaman Rocked it. Great running into everyone, Diaga, Chibale, Jennifer, B-side & Wife, James Stratus, Major (Thanks for the drinks), Muggles, The Sub minimal crew, and who ever else i saw along the way.

Guest Major

Only just recuperated enough to post something up here. What a mad mad week/wknd I had - extra mad, in fact!

A truly excellent night - full of fun, top music & good vibes all round! This party definitely brought the old happy rave vibe of yesteryear. Although I was working, I had a good laugh in the process, too. Nice to hear some classics. Song of the night for me was 'The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds'.

It was lovely to see so many of our friends there, that's what makes these parties special - too many names to mention, but you know who you are.

Jon, thanks again! I'm so glad I could play a part in this momentous event. Talmage, always a pleasure working with you. Brilliant fun!

See you all at the next one!

Major

Guest pod

Dave started off a little slow for what I expected, but I'd say around 2 he dropped the hammer and fell into the mode of the Dave Seaman I grew up on.

Glad to see our community came out to this event. Reminded me a bit of those days where the crew would get together for the purpose of having fun.

Guest djjoncowan

Only just recuperated enough to post something up here. What a mad mad week/wknd I had - extra mad, in fact!

A truly excellent night - full of fun, top music & good vibes all round! This party definitely brought the old happy rave vibe of yesteryear. Although I was working, I had a good laugh in the process, too. Nice to hear some classics. Song of the night for me was 'The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds'.

It was lovely to see so many of our friends there, that's what makes these parties special - too many names to mention, but you know who you are.

Jon, thanks again! I'm so glad I could play a part in this momentous event. Talmage, always a pleasure working with you. Brilliant fun!

See you all at the next one!

Major

you guys all rock... this night for me was just plain old fashioned fun!!! haven't had that much fun in ages.... great night all around - thanks again everyone for the support....

Guest pod

Don't mention it. ;D

Reminded a bit of the days when you did Bliss parties at crobar and we'd all be hunkered down at the back bar with Eddie and Christine getting up beyond tanked. People were there for the party and the fun, and weren't dissecting every little nuance, since the DJs were on point in their mission to give us music to drink to.

Guest RzO

This will be hard to top, everything was perfect, I knew it was going to be one of those nights to remember. Looking forward to the next few events at shine already.

Guest myles hie

presale rates at www.wanttickets.com/shine

ps - myles to answer your hint - dave and I spoke last night after the success we had to actually try and resurect the residency. It won't be a monthly again but you will be seeing his bald head around these parts on a regular basis again... at least 3 or 4 times a yr. we will announce the next bliss reunion with dave and I soon but it will be sometime in december or january ;) ;) ;) - we also enjoyed playing a mix of classics and newer stuff so much that we want your input but are considering to incorperate that format into all the reunions with dave and I - thoughts?

I would have to say yes to the old/new format and yes to bringing him around more. Quarterly sounds choice! I would have liked a few more oldies squeezed in from Dave, but i enjoyed the oldies that you played, and Luis was Luis. It's been a minute since i heard some quality prog and i enjoyed myself immensly! Thanks again for the time travel, Cowan and Co. see ya at the next one!

seal.gif

Guest JMT

this party was a blast. i absolutely loved hearing the classic tunes. i had not been to shine since the "renovation" and i was pleasantly surprised. the white walls and ceiling are gone so it's more like a club now, and feels less like a hotel lobby.

nice to see the solid cj contingent and all the friendly faces out. special thanks to Tal (and Majah) behind the bar.

fantastic night, i wish it could have gone on longer.

Guest Seb

I'm a little late on this but better late than never. A most excellent night of debauchery! From start to finish was a solid night of great tunes and excellent company. Really getting the forumla down Jon :) . Choons were in full force all night, also pleasantly surprised to see some vinyl gracing the decks 8). Looking forward to the next, Thnx Jon.

Some Pics:

DaveSeaman.jpg

DaveSeamanonthedecks.jpg

CrowdShot2.jpg

CrowdShot1.jpg

CrowdShot.jpg

TMaejaa.jpg

SebRizoCarlosJon.jpg

MaejaaactingCheeky.jpg

KatSeb.jpg

KatMuggles.jpg

KatJohn.jpg