Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Poplife's 8th Anniversary Party w/ Green Velvet!

Guest The Pawn Shop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TaraTaint

Oh, and then there was the bouncer that got mad at me when I asked him

,"Where is the shit-box" ?

LOL!!!!

Green Velvet rocked the Pawnshop. Not a bad way to spend your b-day either. I might also mention that the DJ on before Green Velvet was spinning some proper sounds from back in the day. It seriously brought me back to 8th grade. Hope to see Mr. GV back in Miami real soon.

Pod, did you catch that mob fight outside???? Some pics would be great!!!!

Guest thelurker

Great party. Musically it wasn't anything mind blowing but it was a fun party nonetheless. It was good seeing some of the usual suspects, and even Greg made a cameo :o

Oh and Ramon actually combed and gelled his hair for this party, he looked like a half-way respectable Cubano, lol :P

Guest TaraTaint

damn a mob fight :o poor alan t :-\

Yes...it was kinda hectic at the time, but looking back it was kinda funny.....baracades were tossed....blood and broken noses....straight edge blades were whipped out...poor Alan T, was like F this and ran inside with the rest of us...to top it off, a Firetruck pulled up to the scene...where the hell were the cops-what would the fire dept do???

Guest Floribel

Had a blast!

Didn't really like whoever was spinning before Green Velvet.

But the main man rocked it proper! My third time seeing him and was not dissapointed.

Good to see all of ya as well :)

Guest ramon

Had a blast!

Didn't really like whoever was spinning before Green Velvet.

But the main man rocked it proper! My third time seeing him and was not dissapointed.

Good to see all of ya as well :)

nice to meet you.

Guest ramon

Great party. Musically it wasn't anything mind blowing but it was a fun party nonetheless. It was good seeing some of the usual suspects, and even Greg made a cameo :o

Oh and Ramon actually combed and gelled his hair for this party, he looked like a half-way respectable Cubano, lol :P

ahh thanks. for you all that asked about the shirt .. www.unlearn.com

Guest musicalmissionary

Great party all around. I wasn't into the early DJ's but they still made for a good party. Green Velvet dropped some great fuckin tunes!! Major female talent in attendance and all kindza crazy good energy all around... especially in and around the winnebago ;)

damn a mob fight :o poor alan t :-\

Yes...it was kinda hectic at the time, but looking back it was kinda funny.....baracades were tossed....blood and broken noses....straight edge blades were whipped out...poor Alan T, was like F this and ran inside with the rest of us...to top it off, a Firetruck pulled up to the scene...where the hell were the cops-what would the fire dept do???

holy shit :o

Guest Nefarious Girl

First - I am glad to have seen a lot of you junkies out there. I know you didn't go for the Poplife anniversary - but it was good to see the mix. To all of you I met in The Trailer - please PM me. So many faces, so much music, so much champagne - I was in La La Land - no pun intended.

Second - I have uploaded my pics to my site. But keep an eye out on CJ for other parties I will add to the gallery and work with Pod on covering MORE Miami nightlife.

cajmere.jpg

Guest Nefarious Girl

OH YEAH - people, not because I am related to him but because he really changed the feel of the party -

THANK YOU DARWIN for doing the lights even if it was for just a little.... You really made a difference! THANK YOU!!

Guest Marina22

Alright, I haven't been to PS since my first time there last July for a bit.. I went for GV, of course, and it was worth the ticket price and the disgusting bar tab. First off, I was glad to have gotten there late, like 1:30, since the opener was playing all that retro mash-up I don't need to go out to hear.

Then GV comes on and doesn't need any introduction nor does he make any concessions for the previous dj. He played amazing for the 2 hours he was. Gradually building from bumpin' techno to relentless. I was dancing from the begining to the end and so were some others that were there for him. The rest he lost by the end cause it was too much for them. I wish he would have played till 5 but I guess he's that expensive..

As far as tracklisting, Ramon help plz! Of course, La La Land and Flash.. Didn't expect but always love Erotic Discourse. There was also this other old gem that I recently go to know on a Takaaki Itoh set (Japanese techno dj) which is a black guy preachin' about the government and that was a total treat. I wish I could say more but I am counting on Ramon for further assistance. ;)

Nice to see George, Adriana, Ramon, Jipsy, Pod, David, Darwin, and to finally meet Greg. Till next time fools, this was my first GV experience and I will never forget it. Btw, loved his shades. :D

P.S.- the other highlight of the night was the closing dj spinning DJ Funk's "Ass, Titties", love that track.

Guest ramon

Alright, I haven't been to PS since my first time there last July for a bit.. I went for GV, of course, and it was worth the ticket price and the disgusting bar tab. First off, I was glad to have gotten there late, like 1:30, since the opener was playing all that retro mash-up I don't need to go out to hear.

Then GV comes on and doesn't need any introduction nor does he make any concessions for the previous dj. He played amazing for the 2 hours he was. Gradually building from bumpin' techno to relentless. I was dancing from the begining to the end and so were some others that were there for him. The rest he lost by the end cause it was too much for them. I wish he would have played till 5 but I guess he's that expensive..

As far as tracklisting, Ramon help plz! Of course, La La Land and Flash.. Didn't expect but always love Erotic Discourse. There was also this other old gem that I recently go to know on a Takaaki Itoh set (Japanese techno dj) which is a black guy preachin' about the government and that was a total treat. I wish I could say more but I am counting on Ramon for further assistance. ;)

Nice to see George, Adriana, Ramon, Jipsy, Pod, David, Darwin, and to finally meet Greg. Till next time fools, this was my first GV experience and I will never forget it. Btw, loved his shades. :D

P.S.- the other highlight of the night was the closing dj spinning DJ Funk's "Ass, Titties", love that track.

Audion - Mouth to Mouth

Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck

Plastikman - Spastik

Green Velvet - Preacher Man is the song I believe you are looking for.

Guest Marina22

Audion - Mouth to Mouth

Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck

Plastikman - Spastik

Green Velvet - Preacher Man is the song I believe you are looking for.

Thanks alot Ramon, what did you think of the set? Or should I say did you dance? ;) Peter was telling me about your shirt, gonna check that site out. Hope you had a good raving time. :)