Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Poll: Should Barry Bonds receive all the accolades for his 756 homer?

Bling

Should Barry receive all these accolades for hitting his record breaking homer?  

1. 1. Should Barry receive all these accolades for hitting his record breaking homer?

Guest cire

the fact that he has never hit over 49 homers except once in his career, and hit 73 in 2001...that just wreaks of bullshit...just the following year after 73 he it 27 fewer homers. i'll give it to him that he can hit a major league pitch, something i probably could not do, but it does stink of something bad....but then again he could have been hitting off of pitchers that were juicing too?

Guest LeVeL

odds would have it he still would have broken it, you can't deny his talent. Hank Aron's speech put the nail in the coffin for the debate Hank is on board and that is the final word.

Arod will break the record in 7 years.

I agree A-Rod will break the record and a Latin will be the Home-Run Champ, how about that, how will whitey like that.

Bling lets pump any good home run hitter in the game today, let's say your an athlete who's 37 years old and your pump him up with Steroids, lets pick someone like Ryan Howard or a guy like Manny Ramirez who's a little bit older and pump him up with Steroids and see if he can hit 73 HR's, its not about the steroids its about skill and will..

Guest JMT
I agree A-Rod will break the record and a Latin will be the Home-Run Champ' date=' how about that, how will whitey like that.[/quote']

i like it because it won't be tainted.

Guest Devilicious

I heard this comment, which I think is a good point:

The league has basically tolerated steroid use, so you can't blame him for juicing. Blame MLB for not being more strict.

People do all kinds of things to make them perform better - he still has to have undeniable talent to get this far. He deserves some credit.

Guest Fernando A

I totally agree with that last one. I think most people don't realize how many athletes have actually used steroids over the past couple decades, and only now are they cracking down. In an entire league full of juiced up baseball players, I don't see anybody else breaking the homerun record.