Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which Band do you want to see come to S. FL?

V. Barbarino

Guest LaundryBar

Slayer.

nice. I went to check out Slayer when they were on tour in West Palm with Maralyn Manson. Even tho most of the people were there to see Manson, and Slayer was the opening act (!?!?!?), I think they were much better than Manson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RzO

slayer was just here 2 weeks ago, they opened for Marylin Manson word was that slayer stole the show.

my vote goes to smashing pumpkins, and they will be here in November headlining bang.

Guest deprivation

Slayer? Too funny. I saw Slayer on their South of Heaven tour years ago. One of the best rock shows I've been to ever. I nearly got killed in the mosh pit, but it was worth it.

I'd like to see the following bands come to S. Fla. : U2, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, NIN, and Pearl Jam.

Guest Davenavarro10

Pearl Jam would be my first choice. They haven't played South Florida since 2003, and haven't played Miami since 1994. Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be great too. I know they played in Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of the year, but they haven't played Miami since Lollapalooza 1992. Radiohead are on my list as well. I saw them in West Palm Beach in 2003, but it would be great if they actually came to Miami. Tool is also on my list. I saw them a few months ago, but they need to come to Miami. I don't ever rememeber them playing down here. In terms of electronic artists, it would be great to see Tricky perform, although I don't think he does anymore. And I'd really like to see Daft Punk perform. I hear they put on amazing shows. ;)

Guest Davenavarro10

I hear you Barbarino. I forgot to mention Van Halen too. But I'd like to see the real Van Halen. Not the current line up with Eddie's teenage son playing bass. I think it's silly, but I'll still go see them. They need to let Michael Anthony back in the band. Oh and although I don't see it happening anytime soon it would be great to see a Stone Temple Pilots reunion, or better yet, a Jane's Addiction reunion. That would rock.

Guest web_norah

Phish?

yuck, it is like the Grateful Dead + Dave Matthews fans, damn hippies stuck in 60- 70's bs.

will pink floyd ever hook up again outside of live 8

no.

Guest web_norah

why are people mentioning bands that ARE NOT TOGETHER anymore?

For ex:yeah we all want New Order, love them but they're done as a band. Finito. get over it.

Guest Ryan EliteEnt

For Sure (Would Love):

-O.A.R.

-Pearl Jam

-Jack Johnson

-U2

-Weezer

-The BoDeans

Maybe:

-Rolling Stones

-Beastie Boys

-Blink 182

-Coldplay

-Steve Miller Band

Guest ddg

some of them arent "bands".....

pearl jam

depeche mode

hybrid (live)

jose gonzalez

audioslave

lynyrd skynyrd (of course the remaining band members)

guster (unbelievably awesome live show)

foo fighters

ben harper

aerosmith

radiohead

billy joel

elton john

david gray

the police

linkin park

days of the new (dont know if they are still together or not)

the cure

the doves

i know some of these people have played in florida, but unfortunately i didnt have a chance to c them..

Guest durrtylexx

a few live shows that i'd like to see come to sofla are

chemical brothers

kraftwerk

the knife - i'd fly anywhere in the US to see them

hotchip

underworld

trentemoller in concert

radiohead

depeche mode

metallica

ratm

Guest durrtylexx

Slayer.

nice. I went to check out Slayer when they were on tour in West Palm with Maralyn Manson. Even tho most of the people were there to see Manson, and Slayer was the opening act (!?!?!?), I think they were much better than Manson

i was there as well, slayer played well. i've never been a fan of their music, but i enjoyed their performance.

manson was great, he's a phenomenal perfomer.

Guest DJ Christian

a few live shows that i'd like to see come to sofla are

chemical brothers

kraftwerk

the knife - i'd fly anywhere in the US to see them

hotchip

underworld

trentemoller in concert

radiohead

depeche mode

metallica

ratm

nice!

i wish jonny lang would come back down real soon...

and i could use some more metallica.. the last show was pretty freakin' good.. and i wish roger waters would pop in again and the david gilmour and the rest of pink floyd.. God i love them..

And garth brooks.. i've been waiting forever to see garth.. and the dixie chicks... i was 2nd row for them and it was an awesome concert.. can't wait to hear them live again ;D

Guest djjoncowan

Phish? Not on my watch.

Aw man... am I the only ex-raver that made the transition into electronic music through Phish? They were an enormous influence on my budding appreciation for DJ culture back in the late 90s. Anyone who was into Phish can attest to the fact that as the decade wore on, their shows started attracting a rave culture following, as angel wings and ecstasy became as prevalent as patchwork pants and nitrous balloons. The whole jam-band scene gave rave culture a good deal of credibility for their fans... MSTRKRFT is just one act that got a boost in the States from Disco Biscuits, as did Younger Brother. The birth of every rave element is written on paper in the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test... it's all there. GD was doing it 40 years ago. Hippies are the reason DJs exist

I was a big phish fan myself.... i'd love to see james blunt live as well as LCD soundsystem, beasties again, and would love to see my favorate band live - the eagles - they are sooooo good live

Phish? Not on my watch.

Aw man... am I the only ex-raver that made the transition into electronic music through Phish? They were an enormous influence on my budding appreciation for DJ culture back in the late 90s. Anyone who was into Phish can attest to the fact that as the decade wore on, their shows started attracting a rave culture following, as angel wings and ecstasy became as prevalent as patchwork pants and nitrous balloons. The whole jam-band scene gave rave culture a good deal of credibility for their fans... MSTRKRFT is just one act that got a boost in the States from Disco Biscuits, as did Younger Brother. The birth of every rave element is written on paper in the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test... it's all there. GD was doing it 40 years ago. Hippies are the reason DJs exist

the eagles

best suggestion so far.

Guest djjoncowan

eagles are the bomb live... only band i've ever seen where every member moves from instrument to instrument and all take turns as lead singer for various songs.... one of the most talented bands on the planet hands down...