Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Floridians may see 'momentous changes' in car insurance in 6 weeks

Guest saintjohn
Cars need black boxes.

Cars HAVE black boxes. Manufacturers keep the info for their own purposes, not for settling individual accident cases.

Cars need black boxes.

Cars HAVE black boxes. Manufacturers keep the info for their own purposes, not for settling individual accident cases.

The Gov can use your BB without your permission, California has a law where they must tell you when you buy the car if it has one. In my Stang it has a BB where it only tells you X amount of time until the airbag deployed what happened. But it's enough to get you thrown in jail for life.

Guest saintjohn

I've been thinking about this discussion a lot today - I just got home from traffic court.

The girl who ran the stop sign and drove into the path of my '87 Range Rover (an accident which I mentioned in a previous post) decided to fight the ticket, so she hired a traffic attorney to take it to court. Unfortunately for her, I showed up. The Community Service Officer who wrote the ticket showed up, too.

After two hours of waiting, I was finally called:

"Would you recognize the driver of the other vehicle?"

"Yes, definitely."

"Your honor, we'd like to enter a plea of no contest."

That was it.

No fault? It was HER fault. In addition to having my previous afternoon wrecked (pun intended) by an inattentive driver, I got to spend more hours at the court house in order to testify. She didn't even bother to show up.

It'll be interesting to see if/how things change in the future.