Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Selling Toshiba A215-4747 CHEAP!! BRAND NEW

Guest Miss_Digital

Guest Miss_Digital

:)

# The Satellite A215-S4747 notebook includes: 15.4"-diagonal widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) TruBrite LCD screen

# AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56 operating at 1.8GHz

#1024 L2 cache

# 1600MHz frontside bus

# 1.0GB of DDR2 SDRAM memory, upgradable to 4.0GB

# 200GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive

# DVD SuperMulti drive with Double Layer support (reads/writes DVD±R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD±R Double Layer, CD-R/RW)

# Atheros® 802.11b/g wireless LAN

# 10/100Base-T Ethernet network interface

# 56K V.92 modem

# 4 USB 2.0 ports

# 1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port

# 1 S-video out port

# Web camera with microphone, built into LCD bezel, for video chat and still photos

# ExpressCard/54 expansion slot, also supports ExpressCard/34

# 5-in-1 memory card reader: reads SD, MMC, xD, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro

# ATI Radeon X1200 graphics with from 128MB to 319MB of shared memory, dynamically allocated

# stereo speakers; built-in stereo speakers; headphone output jack and microphone input jack

# Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (4000 mAh)

# Dimensions: 1 9/16"H x 14 3/10"W x 10 3/5"D

# Weight: 6.3 lbs

toshiba-satellite-x205-s9359.jpg

A215.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

The thing with any Windows install is that it needs a bit of TLC and expertise to keep it running smoothly and install well. All the Windows installs I've done are usually pretty custom.

OS X has the advantage of being designed for the hardware it runs on, i.e. there's only a small pool of components that need support.

Windows has to support hundreds of thousands of devices either out of the box or with a driver install. And not all of those drivers are 'certified' to work.

Guest Marina22

I am glad I hevn't had to use this shite as of yet cause all I've heard since I first heard about vista has been headaches. Hopefully, when I do have to switch I can switch to a Mac. :-\

Guest pod

All depends really. I mean, price-wise, Macs are, well, costly.

I'm inclined these days to go Mac since a lot of the apps I'm using, like the whole Adobe Creative Suite, just run much more reliably on the Mac architecture.

But if I was just to need a computer for dicking around online and banging out a document, I'd get a $200 PC and load it up with Ubuntu.

The state of some Linux distros is as such nowadays that you can sit someone down at it and they'll be happy. Happy that it's so dang cheap and reliable. The $200 or $100 PC will not be running OS X or Vista, that's for damn sure.

Guest LeVeL

I am glad I hevn't had to use this shite as of yet cause all I've heard since I first heard about vista has been headaches. Hopefully, when I do have to switch I can switch to a Mac. :-\

Girl u hear too many things..lol

Guest LeVeL

I dont understand why does it always have to become a Windows Vs. Mac or Mac Vs. Windows issue.

It really comes down to the end user, if you have a Windows Operating System then make sure to familiarize yourself with researching or troubleshooting, problems dont just happen by themselves.

its all about logic, within every problem there is a solution. If your someone who cant troubleshoot an issue then a Mac is for you. A friendly GUI environment with vertical integration where everything will be done for you before you even turn on the computer.

Guest ICON

i have 5 computers all running Windows XP and have never had an issue.... I just upgraded one of my computers to the Vista and have not had any issues with it. I have heard that Vista has a few problems, but thats with anything related to technology.

Guest jbit

I dislike the extra security they put on it. Just more hoops for knowledgeable users to have to jump through.

I've been using Vista since the Beta days and once you finish configuring the OS you will rarely see any prompts in your day to day activities.

Guest ramon

I dont understand why does it always have to become a Windows Vs. Mac or Mac Vs. Windows issue.

It really comes down to the end user' date=' if you have a Windows Operating System then make sure to familiarize yourself with researching or troubleshooting, problems dont just happen by themselves.

its all about logic, within every problem there is a solution. If your someone who cant troubleshoot an issue then a Mac is for you. A friendly GUI environment with vertical integration where everything will be done for you before you even turn on the computer.

[/quote']

I don't agree with that at all. I can troubleshoot and I use a mac. At home and at work. I actually compiled wireshark on my macbook yesterday. I think the Mac is what you make of it. It can be easy for you to use, but you also have the years of UNIX development there if you want that group of apps or functionality.

Guest pod

This is true. I know plenty of people who are "experts" and use Mac.

Essentially, the whole premise behind OS X is that the people using it don't have the time to fart around, they just need it to go, and go reliably.

Guest LeVeL

I never said that Mac user cant troubleshoot..lol

If you can see from my response I clearly state that if you have a Windows Operating System then make sure to familiarize yourself with researching or troubleshooting, problems don't just happen by themselves.

People expect things to work and be trouble free all the time without looking at the problem. Which is why I said if your "someone who cant troubleshoot an issue then a Mac is for you."

I know tons of people even myself who have extensive computer experience but use Macs. I am not demeaning Mac users just simply stating that Macs tend to be more trouble free and people tend to jump the shark once they have an issue with their windows machine but never look at it as an issue within what they did.

They immediately say Windows sucks bla,bla,bla but they never check and see what caused the problem.

Guest pod

Also true. My Windows installs never have issues since, well, I know how to run the OS and install it properly. Most people's Windows installs are as they were when they bought the PC. Me, I'll either rip all the shit out or just install from generic XP or Vista copy.

In all honesty though, if you have a PC and an intermediate level of expertise, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ubuntu Linux. I would run it on my main system but I still need Photoshop. GIMP doesn't cut it.

But for browsing, multimedia playback, banging out office docs, Ubuntu has it all, and best of all it's free in a legal way. I could probably put Ubuntu on 95 percent of the computers of this board's users, and they wouldn't complain after about a week of familiarization.

As a matter of fact, Dell is loading Ubuntu on some of their PCs.

Not to sound gloom and doom, but I think the various Linux distros, and Mac are finally starting to crack MS's monolithic dominance. Linux is still largely a hobbyist/geek thing, but there's a few "real easy" distros out.

Guest pod

Keep toeing the party line.

I'll admit, in recent years, I've "come around" on the Mac platform, but at the same time, I'll leave my options open for alternatives. If I'm doing a job and XP or Vista is what is required, well, so be it. They're not the über-horrid OSes that the fanatics make them out to be.

What sucks though is that the "standard" is an OS that needs someone who is somewhat educated in order for it to run smoothly. The ultimate goal of all consumer OSes should be so that I can hand off a computer to my grandmother and not worry about anything other than showing her how to work a computer.

I'm stuck in the middle of this big OS triangle. Though I more lean towards OS X and Linux. And they share some common elements.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah Ubuntu is great, I had it installed in an old PC about 2 years ago.

But it is an alternative to the angry Window user, who cant afford to switch to a Mac and wants another OS.

The point I am arguing though is the fact that sometimes as a computer user you need to find ways to manipulate a problem yourself and if not ask questions, look in a search engine, do something.

Guest coach

it wouldnt even recognise my digital camera :(

XP did

This is very likely because the camera is too old for Vista to have the driver built in. At least, that is usually the reason for that kind of problem. If you have the install disc that came with it, just use that. If you lost it, go to the camera manufacturer website and DL the driver from there.

Remember, that Windows does not have every driver for every device ever invented built into it. Otherwise it would be even a huger monster than it already is.