Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie banned its own founder, Nick?!?

Guest endymion

Guest JustDade

For the record, it should be noted that Nick never really had anything insightful to add to the conversation. We may be better off without him........nah........it's always good to have a Brit to abuse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest endymion

I've run all around town this week getting invention descriptions witnessed for patent applications, as Nick and Track are both aware. I am no longer seeking investments or financial backing.

Soon there will be new innovations for connecting all of you people to all of you other people.

Guest endymion
I am no longer seeking investments or financial backing.

Powerball?

Lottery tickets are not a good investment. Very poor return. Here's a secret way to print money out of thin air: all you have to do is say "web business", "decade of experience" and "investment opportunity" to the right people, and then turning options down is the hard part. It's Dot-Com 2.0 these days.

Guest ramon
I am no longer seeking investments or financial backing.

Powerball?

Lottery tickets are not a good investment. Very poor return. Here's a secret way to print money out of thin air: all you have to do is say "web business", "decade of experience" and "investment opportunity" to the right people, and then turning options down is the hard part. It's Dot-Com 2.0 these days.

VC money is flowing again. It's a wonderful time. Seriously get in touch though. :)

Guest endymion

They didn't even bother to fire me. They just totally ignored me until I left on my own.

AZon9qf2NKA

You got it exactly. I'm not sending in any more TPS reports and you can't have my goddamned stapler!

I didn't have to set the building on fire. Management did that themselves when they banned their own founder.

Guest JustDade

Dade, where you at the parking authority today accused of trying to beat someone up? hahaha that was funny!

I was, in fact, at the parking authority. Those people are crazy.

Guest musicalmissionary

This doesn't surprise me one bit. I quit a year and a half ago because the head honchos refused to pay me what I was worth (or anything close). And on top of that abuse, I got bitched out by the president of the company because he found out that I was booking DJ's for parties and was supposedly infringing on their territory... lol. These guys have never heard of a single DJ I booked and none of the parties ever made money (last year). They were simply a labor of love. So I went ahead and quit.

Nick was a pleasure to work for but knowing those :-X's were running the show made me bail a long time ago.

Guest clubplanet

For the record, we did not ban Nick. Nick resigned from the company, and as any responsible company would do, we changed the passwords on all of his accounts, especially ones with admin access of any sort. When you leave a company, I doubt they let you keep your admin account active. This is just standard practice, nothing malicious or evil.

If you would have emailed or asked me, I would have told you this. Nick is free to create another account or ask us to restore this account with no admin access. I doubt he plans to do that, so I'm not sure why you're trying to create controversy when there is none to begin with.

Guest JustDade

For the record, we did not ban Nick. Nick resigned from the company, and as any responsible company would do, we changed the passwords on all of his accounts, especially ones with admin access of any sort. When you leave a company, I doubt they let you keep your admin account active. This is just standard practice, nothing malicious or evil.

If you would have emailed or asked me, I would have told you this. Nick is free to create another account or ask us to restore this account with no admin access. I doubt he plans to do that, so I'm not sure why you're trying to create controversy when there is none to begin with.

Because we're bored.....

Because we're bored.....

;D

Guest coach

Whew! Way to jump right on that one.

Guest endymion

...I'm not sure why you're trying to create controversy when there is none to begin with.

Because I am the other founder! I hereby resign. Should I expect to be banned soon too?

Guest clubplanet

...I'm not sure why you're trying to create controversy when there is none to begin with.

Because I am the other founder! I hereby resign. Should I expect to be banned soon too?

I've emailed you. No reason to make this a public dispute when there is none to begin with.

Guest endymion

I've emailed you. No reason to make this a public dispute when there is none to begin with.

I respectfully disagree. This is about CoolJunkie and the people who Nick, Sarah and I encouraged to come here and play. Not so much about me or Nick. I gave up on fighting for contracts for myself long before I gave up on looking after the CoolJunkie community.

If Fox had banned Tom after they acquired MySpace, then that would have been as much a public issue for the MySpace community as it would have been a private issue between Tom and MySpace. This is a social community, and the line between public and private is blurry. If you ban a popular member and the community doesn't like it then that's a public dispute.

Guest clubplanet

I respectfully disagree. This is about CoolJunkie and the people who Nick, Sarah and I encouraged to come here and play. Not so much about me or Nick. I gave up on fighting for contracts for myself long before I gave up on looking after the CoolJunkie community.

If Fox had banned Tom after they acquired MySpace, then that would have been as much a public issue for the MySpace community as it would have been a private issue between Tom and MySpace. This is a social community, and the line between public and private is blurry. If you ban a popular member and the community doesn't like it then that's a public dispute.

First of all, Nick was not banned. His account password was changed because it had admin access. The minute he asks for it back, we'll reset it.

Secondly, Tom is still at MySpace, so that argument does not make much sense. Nick resigned. He was not fired. He chose to leave. He is welcome on this board as a community member at any time, but I do not believe that will happen.