Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Birth Control...DEPO PROVERA...

cmb1975

Since this the sex board, and all of us at one time or another are gonna get laid...I thought an important topic would be Birth Control. So I'll start with...

DEPO-PROVERA-injection you get every three months (13 weeks). Its 99.7% effective.

SIDE EFFECTS-Most women experience irregular menstrual bleeding or spotting temporarily (for the first 3 to 6 months). Many women stop having periods altogether after about 12 months. Having your periods stop is not a medical problem. The reason they stop is because DEPO-PROVERA causes a resting state in your ovaries. When your ovaries do not release an egg monthly, the regular monthly growth of the lining of the uterus does not occur, so the menstrual bleeding does not occur. Periods usually return within 6-18 months after you stop taking the injections. Some patients on DEPO-PROVERA may experience weight gain.

Some women have also reported nervousness, dizziness, stomach discomfort, headache, and fatigue. The use of DEPO-PROVERA may also be associated with a slight decrease in the amount of calcium stored in your bones, which may be considered among the risk factors for the development of osteoporosis.

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

I think birth control pills like ORTHO-TRICYCLIN is much better, no injection and you also can skip the period by starting the second set of pills withouth taking the 7 placebo pills. One downside you have to take them everyday ....and if you miss one u are fucked. So in that sense I think the above mentioned drug is better. just my 2 cents

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"Luna, thank you so much!"

Originally posted by orchid21:

I think birth control pills like ORTHO-TRICYCLIN is much better, no injection and you also can skip the period by starting the second set of pills withouth taking the 7 placebo pills.

I am going to try to skip the placebos this time around. (I'd better check with the gyno first, though...)

Originally posted by sungoddess:

I am going to try to skip the placebos this time around. (I'd better check with the gyno first, though...)

I am sure gyno wont recommend it, but i know lots of girls do it when it is neccessary. Just dont do it like 3-4 months in a row. smile.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"Luna, thank you so much!"

I take triphasil-28 and I like my pills!

You can skip the last 7 pills, they are just there to keep up in the routine of taking pills!

Skip if you want to, as long as you remember to start your new pack of pills!

GG

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

Hey guys I take Allesse... Did all my research on it beforehand since I was worried about the side effects, especially weight gain/water retention, and it is the best !!

From what I've researched it's the one used by most actors/models because of the low percentages of people that did not gain weight on it....

as for the Depo, I would not recommend it whatsoever.. I know about 7-10 girls that have had it done and have gained a very large amount of weight..I'm not talking 5-10 pounds...I'm talking 20-25 pounds.. They have also experienced severe depression, accompanied with mood swings....

just my 0.02 cents.. biggrin.gif

------------------

people05.gif

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

And don't forget Ortho-Tricyclene is the only birth control pill that's also good for your skin!

Sorry, I think those commercials are really funny. Someone close to me gets the shot and hasn't experienced any major side effects. I wouldn't want my period to get screwed up like that, though. She's been on it for several years; she doesn't get her period most of the time but then spots randomly.

Sounds messy to me. Give me the pill any day. Oh, and I never take the sugar pills either.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

just weight gain from depo?? lol

more like obesity!!! God the lease amount of lbs that one of my girls gained was 10...."and all in the wrong places" she said cwm27.gif

------------------

a-catz1.gif *How many licks does it take?*

AIM: XxXccess ( i know, i know...XxX...yadda yadda yadda)

Originally posted by glowgirl:

Skip if you want to, as long as you remember to start your new pack of pills!

GG

hey woman, what's up? i think they mean when you want to skip a period you can just move on to the next pack immediately after the last active pill in the old pack....like women will do this if they are gonna get their periods for their wedding or on vacation or something. it's ok to do it one time but not continuously...imagine how bloated you'd get. i'd never do it just for that reason alone...ugh!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

DO NOT TAKE DEPO-PROVERA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all you will not want to have sex anymore... My ex was on it, she got huge, and became even more of a mental case (hehehe) My sister went from 108 to 160 from 2 shots (and shes a vegitarian) and the wieght wouldn't start to come off for well over a year no matter what she did. They give this shit to child molestors when they get out of prison, so they have any more desire..... And theres all sorts of other shit i don't remember too. DON'T DO IT!!

------------------

No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone, Somewhere, Is Tired Of Her Shit...

[This message has been edited by ramman (edited 04-14-2001).]