Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Biz & Roland Interview

Guest JustDade

Guest JustDade
I wasn't suggesting to make if affordable, but your response still leads me to believe that as a club owner you just shortened your life span.

Weren't you the one who posted this: "this town has basically taken the table service a put it out of reach of everyone that isn't a "baller" willing to spend $350 a head and have to leave a bottle and a half at the club for the sake of it. Its shouldn't be totally about that because if you happen to want to go out with a group and get a table you should be able to without spending a small fortune."?

That looks to me as if you're saying it should be more affordable.

I happen to believe that clubs should have places for general-admission people to sit and chill. In fact, when I designed Nocturnal, the area on the first floor at the back, the seats along the balcony and half of the patio were intended to be for whoever wanted to sit. But, the idea of more VIP space was too much of a business reality to ignore so they put up ropes and that was that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

I dont unerstand what the big deal is..there is only a couple of venues that you can experience a true VIP setting and a person that is in VIP is not neccesarily a baller, if your in VIP and you got a bottle of grey goose and bacardi, then your not a baller.

If your a VIP and your a group of 8 people and your crunched up to just one table then your not balling, a place like Space is not neccesarily the best spot to get VIP when you have promoters giving out VIP bands to people for the hell of it, the overcrowdiness of people n that VIP doesn't neccesarily give you the feel of being a Very important person

But if your in VIP and you got a Bottle of Cristal Champagne and a bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII Decanter Cognac then your Balling!

Guest colione98
Weren't you the one who posted this: "this town has basically taken the table service a put it out of reach of everyone that isn't a "baller" willing to spend $350 a head and have to leave a bottle and a half at the club for the sake of it. Its shouldn't be totally about that because if you happen to want to go out with a group and get a table you should be able to without spending a small fortune."?

That looks to me as if you're saying it should be more affordable.

I happen to believe that clubs should have places for general-admission people to sit and chill. In fact, when I designed Nocturnal, the area on the first floor at the back, the seats along the balcony and half of the patio were intended to be for whoever wanted to sit. But, the idea of more VIP space was too much of a business reality to ignore so they put up ropes and that was that.

So let me pick your brains, being that you believe that the general admission should have a place to sit, does that include being able to purchase bottles or just having bar purchased drinks and having their own "vip" affair but remaining withing the confines of the "general admission"? Now that is what i call having options

Guest colione98
I dont unerstand what the big deal is..there is only a couple of venues that you can experience a true VIP setting and a person that is in VIP is not neccesarily a baller, if your in VIP and you got a bottle of grey goose and bacardi, then your not a baller.

If your a VIP and your a group of 8 people and your crunched up to just one table then your not balling, a place like Space is not neccesarily the best spot to get VIP when you have promoters giving out VIP bands to people for the hell of it, the overcrowdiness of people n that VIP doesn't neccesarily give you the feel of being a Very important person

But if your in VIP and you got a Bottle of Cristal Champagne and a bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIII Decanter Cognac then your Balling!

Lev, you are exactly right but even though your cramped against one small table of 8, your still PAYING baller style unless you get a table comp...... and by the way, why would you ever think that 8 grown men and women would ever want to cramp themselves against one small table?- as if they had a choice

Guest coach
Oh well - believe me I'm not offended and I wasn't suggesting to make if affordable, but your response still leads me to believe that as a club owner you just shortened your life span.

Uhhhhhh..... do you know how long Dade as been in the biz?

Your previous comments regarding how this will affect the longetivity of clubs also seems misled. Many clubs that have done and are doing it are still in business and have been so for several years.

Guest LeVeL
and by the way, why would you ever think that 8 grown men and women would ever want to cramp themselves against one small table?- as if they had a choice

Because it happens..clubs do it all the time. You go get your table's of VIP for 8 people, suddenly in the middle of the night the club got more VIP'S coming and they decide to take one of your tables away to give it to someone else.

It happens..

Guest colione98
Because it happens..clubs do it all the time. You go get your table's of VIP for 8 people, suddenly in the middle of the night the club got more VIP'S coming and they decide to take one of your tables away to give it to someone else.

It happens..

Exactly, as i said- as if they had a choice.... which they don't and it has happen to me recently where i paid for a comfortable setting but one of my tables was taken away- but i still had to pay at a baller price...... not cool....

Guest JustDade
So let me pick your brains, being that you believe that the general admission should have a place to sit, does that include being able to purchase bottles or just having bar purchased drinks and having their own "vip" affair but remaining withing the confines of the "general admission"? Now that is what i call having options

This conversation started with a discussion of VIP policies requiring the purchase of bottles and whether or not that was a good idea in light of the amount of booze most will consume. Now you want to have it both ways.....you want the seat and the bottle service without the premium.

Normal Group of Four:

4 covers @ $25 = $100

6 drinks each @ $14 = $336

Total (exclusive of tips) = $436

(If they drank 11 drinks each = $716)

VIP Group of four:

Cover = $0

2 Bottles (11 drinks each) = $500

Total (exclusive of tip) = $500

The real estate costs you

Why do clubs do this even though the math says that Gen Ad is more profitable? Because the VIP is a guaranteed $500.

What I am saying is that clubs, especially those with extended hours, should have general admission seating areas. I would not allow you to purchase by the bottle because you're not VIP.

Guest Mayor
This conversation started with a discussion of VIP policies requiring the purchase of bottles and whether or not that was a good idea in light of the amount of booze most will consume. Now you want to have it both ways.....you want the seat and the bottle service without the premium.

Normal Group of Four:

4 covers @ $25 = $100

VIP Group of four:

Cover = $0

What I am saying is that clubs, especially those with extended hours, should have general admission seating areas. I would not allow you to purchase by the bottle because you're not VIP.

And there you go

Guest colione98

Normal Group of Four:

4 covers @ $25 = $100

VIP Group of four:

Cover = $0

Why do clubs do this even though the math says that Gen Ad is more profitable? Because the VIP is a guaranteed $500.

Your configuration is fair and brings light but at present time i don't have a reply- standby.....lol