Guest Major

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Floribel
excited much? :D

im strapped for cash no more OT at work.. mortgage industry in the shiter :mad:

LOL.... can you tell? This weekend is insane! Sasha, Roger (if I can $wing it) and Sander??? This is excatly why I moved down here!!!

Whats going on tonight anyways? jajaja I asked for Monday off so might as well go balls to the wall from today.

LOL.... can you tell? This weekend is insane! Sasha, Roger (if I can $wing it) and Sander??? This is excatly why I moved down here!!!

Whats going on tonight anyways? jajaja I asked for Monday off so might as well go balls to the wall from today.

i havent kept up.. didnt even know what was happening this weekend..

did u go to jojo last week? how was it

got a birfday party to go to :D kids bday :D time to jack the candy from the kids when we break the pinata

Guest Marina22

Would be nice to see Sasha but I'm skipping this one out since it is Mansion but would love to hear how it goes. Btw Major, nice to finally see ya again on Teus. twas a pleasure as always. Keep up the good work and the fun vibes.

Guest Major

sasha11jpeg.jpg

I must say, I'm quite excited about tonight! RzO, I'll see you in a bit. Flori, Talmage, Rach, Karen, tekniQz, James, Obby, see you guys at the show. Canuck, hope you're going as well.

Marina, nice to see you guys on tuesday. Thanks for coming by.

Guest karenmartin

and JJJJJJJES!! HE destreoyed it and it was great and it was beautiful and it was dirty..

so jjjjes zach he did bring the dirtiness to mansion so u take those words back hehehehe

Guest RzO

i have two words, pure bliss!

Best i have ever seen him, spooky did great proper opening, and sasha still is the best it gets, hands down.

and troko, i dont think you heard any "banging techno" actually not at all. Sasha is back to his roots, prog, prog, prog! and of course a few chunky electro tech stompers but, the whole set was one big long song like always, flawless build of energy. I haven't had a nite of music like that in a long time. major u crazy raver u, proven again why sasha is a magician at his craft.

i had a smile on my face the whole time he was one, again simply amazing!:D

Guest drfubar

My sum of the Spooky/Sasha show.

Masion: Very nice setup and sound (while spooky was playing)

Spooky: Excellent. Beautiful mix of modern Tech House and soft Progsv/Electro beats.

Sasha: Except for a few highlighting moments, BAD.

Approx 1 hour after he started playing, about 30% of the packed crowd left.

At 4am the place was about 60% gone at which point I also left because I couldn't understand the noise that he was emitting from his Maven and Mac. He was constantly all over the place. He went up, then way down, the wayyy up and then down...without allowing any adjustment for the crowd.

I constantly heard people around me saying in different languages "This sucks".

Guest RzO
My sum of the Spooky/Sasha show.

Masion: Very nice setup and sound (while spooky was playing)

Spooky: Excellent. Beautiful mix of modern Tech House and soft Progsv/Electro beats.

Sasha: Except for a few highlighting moments, BAD.

Approx 1 hour after he started playing, about 30% of the packed crowd left.

At 4am the place was about 60% gone at which point I also left because I could't understand the noise that he was emitting from his Maven and Mac. He was constantly all over the place. He went up, then way down, the wayyy up and then down...without allowing any adjustment for the crowd.

I constantly heard people around me saying in different languages "This sucks".

it takes a bit of intelligence and patience to enjoy a good set like that. Most of the common folk were waiting to hear world hold on and perhaps a conglomeration of gaymo bang it out electrohouse at 11pm cheese beats.(im not hating on it, if that what one likes, then go for it) It was great when some folks left, cause most of the people on the front of the floor who have been listening to sasha for the better part of a decade were impressed. and up and down u say? he built the set like a progressive dj does, i remember one time when the energy dropped off a bit and it was fine since he then filtered the drums out for what seemed like forever to one of those old school sasha blow ups and the place went crazy. Everyone has their own opinions I can bet that the few of us that were there agreed as to what he did saturday compared to the many times we have seen him over the years.:)

Guest deprivation

Great set by Sasha. When he started, I thought we were listening to his recent essential mix at Amensia in Ibiza. He played Coma and the Beck track. First hour had strong tracks then he settled into playing tracks that almost seemed like filler tracks with an occassional good track mixed in. Later in the night is when he kicked into gear by finishing his set off with some great tracks or bombs that he may have been holding back. He seemed pretty drunk in a good way having a great time DJing.

Nice to see Rzo again and meeting Mayor. Props to Mansion for an even bigger dance floor than usual. It was great getting really close to the DJ booth and able to watch Sasha do his thing up close.

Guest RzO
buuhhahaa lol

who goes to see Sasha waiting to hear that ? c'mon lol:p

the people that left. lol

and dep, u met major, not mayor..;)

sasha, sanchez, and sander, what a freakin weekend! This is Miami! :cool:

Guest drfubar
it takes a bit of intelligence and patience to enjoy a good set like that. Most of the common folk were waiting to hear world hold on and perhaps a conglomeration of gaymo bang it out electrohouse at 11pm cheese beats

Its funny that you question my intelligence on music since I actually own a music producion studio..... Do you?

You obviosly are a Sasha fan and thats fine. But really think about why you are a fan... he just mixed sounds, badly, except for a few good tracks, thats it. Compare that to Spooky, he played great quality tracks, music that was flowing and coordinated from beggining to end.

You cant be a DJ and expect people to just "Accept" what you play because your name is Sasha or Digweed or whatever, at least I don't accept it. Djs Like Desyn Masiello make everybody, music aficionados and cheese bangers alike, dance all night and have fun because they are feeling and connecting with the crowd.

You can have your opinion completely, but you can't deny the fact if he was a good as you say he was, he wouldnt have emptied half the place. That speaks for itself. And if it wasn't for the $40 dollars most people had to pay, I'm pretty sure more would have left.

And yes his opening track was great.

Mariano

Guest RzO
Its funny that you question my intelligence on music since I actually own a music producion studio..... Do you?

You obviosly are a Sasha fan and thats fine. But really think about why you are a fan... he just mixed sounds, badly, except for a few good tracks, thats it. Compare that to Spooky, he played great quality tracks, music that was flowing and coordinated from beggining to end.

You cant be a DJ and expect people to just "Accept" what you play because your name is Sasha or Digweed or whatever, at least I don't accept it. Djs Like Desyn Masiello make everybody, music aficionados and cheese bangers alike, dance all night and have fun because they are feeling and connecting with the crowd.

You can have your opinion completely, but you can't deny the fact if he was a good as you say he was, he wouldnt have emptied half the place. That speaks for itself. And if it wasn't for the $40 dollars most people had to pay, I'm pretty sure more would have left.

Mariano

opening track- intro- supermayer-two of us. He played the full track later in the set. The intro beginning was epic sasha with so much great filtering and effects, building up for what seems like ages and then the boom.

Intelligent of different styles of music is what i meant, if you know how Sasha and the likes play its not for your average clubber, makes sense that by 3, an hour after he went on and an hour after the tourist crowd can normally hang out, that the place got smaller.(it wasn't dead all the sudden by any means) Bro there were alot of us there and all of us witnessed and saw the same show. Sasha made his namesake of the genre basically him and john created, for a lil he went of on lil tangent. Saturday he played like himself again, no experimenting wit this track cause thats whats in now like some do. We all had a great time, and after seeing him go from the man, to ok for a while, this show proved why he is where he is now to begin with.:)

Guest RzO
told you it was the supermayer track rzo ;)

you should check out the album.

ha! yep soon as i got home today i went and listened to them and that was it. He did a crazy opening with the chimes and bits from the track, and then whole thing later on. Good shit !

and the other track we talked about that was played twice out was crocodile, spooky played the oliver huntman rmx and sasha played the original. Only others i have figured out are the new emfire release he doing as COMA which was nice and Umek-Riccochet effect, which was one of my favorites.

Guest deprivation

Here's a few tracks that I spotted not mentioned:

--- Beck - Cellphone's dead (Ellen Allien remix)- played early in the set along around the time he played Coma.

--- Kevlar - Mongoose - he played this late.

--- Julian Jeweil - Airconditione(not sure which remix) - he also played this late.

--- I thought I heard a Dave Gahan - Kingdom remix. Possibly the Booka shade remix.

Sander K started his set off with Dave Gahan Sunday.

Anyone else spot anything?

Guest tekniQz

Sasha threw down one of the best non extended sets i've seen in years.This was by far the best set that ive seen Sasha spin and for that matter maybe the best set that i've herd from Sasha in years.

I've been one of the biggest detracters of Mansion for the last couple years but i must say that Mansion put on a truly great party.Thanks to Richard B. for being so nice and hooking the drinks up.You are truly a class act.After talking to him for a bit he really seemed to have good idea's for Mansion for the next couple months they are going to have a good compition for CAMEO thats for sure.The entire club looked gorgeous.The lines outside Mansion were the best i'd ever seen as far as being orderly and well runned.The sound was amazing,compared to the last time i was there.The staff was helpful and friendly which is a far cry from what it used to be like when going to Mansion.

I went to Mansion expecting a more commercial sounding set from Sasha but i was completly wrong.My girl made me eat my words on that one.:)

Sasha had one of the best opening tracks that i'd ever herd.He delivered the serious prog that i like,not the fluttery boring stuff i'd herd in the past that would only enrage me towards prog.(lol)The entire time Sasha was on seemed like 20 minutes.Time went by so fast and thats what i used to love about the hay day of prog.The time seems to fly by when you have a great prog dj that mixes seemlisly making you lose track of what the dj is doing.Thats the way the prog should be spun.I stayed till the last track and loved every minute of what Sasha brought to the table.

Great club, great party, and above all great music.I will be going to Mansion more often in the future.

Also good seeing Mr.Rizzo, and Major.Thanks to the girls for everything.:)You know who you are.

Guest tekniQz

Mariano

The brilliant music producer as i will now refer to you as.

You seem to be the only one who thought Sasha's set was "bad".I'm not a big fan of Sasha but thought his set was amazing.Good call.I'll make a note not to buy any of your tracks in the future.HAHAHAHA

I mean my father own's a golf course.So does that mean i'm on the pro tour??Nope im not.Just an anoligy to prove that just because you own a studio doesn't mean that you know more than everyone else about music.That just made you look stooopiddd.As far as comparing yourself to Mr.Rizzo knowing music well i can tell you Rizzo knows a little about EDM.:)lol

Also i've made this point many times before, "if you let other people influence your opinnion then what are you"??Your a follower.Like you said before about my friend Rizzo your obviously a "Sasha fan"and you told him it's fine.Yes in the same respect it's fine that you are a follower.I along with other's were fine with a ton of assclowns leaving Mansion due to the sound not being what they thought it would be.You took it as them all being the most informed of the people at the party leaving because the music wasn't good.Couldn't it have been that the poeple leaving were the typical Mansion crowd leaving because they didn't hear what they are used to hearing at Mansion?

Anyway i had a great time and i have yet to hear anyone but you say that the set was "bad".

Hey, but then again you own a music studio so you know more than anyone else about music.

lol

Guest djtroko
i have two words, pure bliss!

Best i have ever seen him, spooky did great proper opening, and sasha still is the best it gets, hands down.

and troko, i dont think you heard any "banging techno" actually not at all. Sasha is back to his roots, prog, prog, prog! and of course a few chunky electro tech stompers but, the whole set was one big long song like always, flawless build of energy. I haven't had a nite of music like that in a long time. major u crazy raver u, proven again why sasha is a magician at his craft.

i had a smile on my face the whole time he was one, again simply amazing!:D

RzO I've been spinning progressive for a couple of years and although nowadays I've been extremely passive with the scene I must say that Sasha's sound that night sounded more techno that it did progressive. Not like his other sets in the past. I also know that most of these tracks that he played are listed as techno in a few record shops... Anyways either way it sounded awsome and I enjoyed it as hell. He definately progressed and did his usual buildups that explode into madness.

Hope he comes again soon.

Cheers

Guest drfubar
The brilliant music producer as i will now refer to you as.

You seem to be the only one who thought Sasha's set was "bad".I'm not a big fan of Sasha but thought his set was amazing.Good call.I'll make a note not to buy any of your tracks in the future.HAHAHAHA

I mean my father own's a golf course.So does that mean i'm on the pro tour??Nope im not.Just an anoligy to prove that just because you own a studio doesn't mean that you know more than everyone else about music.That just made you look stooopiddd.As far as comparing yourself to Mr.Rizzo knowing music well i can tell you Rizzo knows a little about EDM.:)lol

Also i've made this point many times before, "if you let other people influence your opinnion then what are you"??Your a follower.Like you said before about my friend Rizzo your obviously a "Sasha fan"and you told him it's fine.Yes in the same respect it's fine that you are a follower.I along with other's were fine with a ton of assclowns leaving Mansion due to the sound not being what they thought it would be.You took it as them all being the most informed of the people at the party leaving because the music wasn't good.Couldn't it have been that the poeple leaving were the typical Mansion crowd leaving because they didn't hear what they are used to hearing at Mansion?

Anyway i had a great time and i have yet to hear anyone but you say that the set was "bad".

Hey, but then again you own a music studio so you know more than anyone else about music.

lol

Who the hell are you to insult me?

I Own a studio where artists come and produce, I didnt say i produced music. So who looks stupid now for asuming? Also I was having a discussion with Rzo, not with you nor have i ever talked to you. What in the world entitles you to insult me, huh boy?

And stop sucking up to sasha like a little girl and let it go. I can say Sasha was bad because he cleared half the club and because this is a PUBLIC forum where u can express opinion.

How do u know if i am a follower? How do u keep assuming anything. Sasha just played for Sasha, not for everybody that went there. But unless you were too drunk to notice, Sasha emptied half the club.

You said "Couldn't it have been that the people leaving were the typical Mansion crowd leaving because they didn't hear what they are used to hearing at Mansion?" Yet u said in your previous post that you've been "one of the biggest detractors of mansion for years" so u obviously dont have any hands on knowledge as to what music the people that frequent mansion actually hear. Again.. you assumed.

BTW If your daddy owns a golf course, go dedicate yourself to hitting something, because you're certainly not hitting it with the assumptions.

Finally RZO, between u and me we were having an easy difference of opinions, tell your boy here to relax. Sasha still loves him.

I'm done with this thread.

Guest coach
I can say Sasha was bad because he cleared half the club and because this is a PUBLIC forum where u can express opinion.

You said "Couldn't it have been that the people leaving were the typical Mansion crowd leaving because they didn't hear what they are used to hearing at Mansion?"

Fubar, have you ever been to Mansion? Are you a regular at Mansion? Do you know their regular crowd or the regular crowd's habits?

And for all you guys/girls who were surprised at how good the party was, all I can say is that you really do not understand Opium group if that surprised you.